Tear Trough HA Removal - New York, NY

I had a tear trough done with HA filler in Europe....

I had a tear trough done with HA filler in Europe. The filler was way over done and aside of making me look older, it caused swelling and bruising in the area, even 6 weeks after the procedure.

I couldn’t wait anymore for the filler to dissolve naturally so I decided to do hylauronidase injections and remove the filler. I went to Dr. Allan Engler. The staff at the office was very nice and professional. Dr. Allan gained all the information from me about the previous procedure, examined the area and agreed that fillers were overdone. After giving me all the information about the removal procedure, we proceeded.

The result – Great to unbelievable extent! Results vary from person to person and I have read that in most cases it takes about 48 hours for fillers to dissolve. Mine was dissolved within 2 to 3 hours after the procedure was performed. I couldn’t believe my eyes! Filler was gone as if someone literally wiped it off my face. I am extremely happy with Dr. Allan’s procedure not only because it gave me the desired result, but there was no bruising and swelling after the procedure. The red dots from injections were so tiny that none of the people I have seen latter that day noticed that I had any procedure done. I highly recommend Dr. Allan. His knowledge, extensive experience and achieved result give me confidence to trust him 100% with any of the procedures from now on.

Photo update - Pre and post hylauronidase procedure

Update after 5 months

When I first did hylauronidase exactly 5 months ago, there was a little piece of HA filler left undissolved under my right eye. Doctor Alan advised me that if I don't mind that little piece, that is better to wait for filler to dissolve naturally. It was hardly noticeable, only under the certain angle. Since filler didn't naturally dissolve 8 months after it was injected (unusually long for filler used in this area) I decided to go back to Dr. Alan and remove the rest. Again, doctor Alan injected hylauronidase and I didn't feel any pain, nor irritation or a burning sensation. Literally an hour later the rest of the filler was dissolved. I am uploading the photo that is taken an hour after the procedure. I guess everyone reacts differently and I seem to have a fast response to hylauronidase. I couldn't be happier with everything that Dr. Alan did. I absolutely trust him and I would go back to him for anything.
New York Plastic Surgeon