Belly Be Gone - New York

I'm 5'3, 140 lbs. I work out and watch what I eat,...

I'm 5'3, 140 lbs. I work out and watch what I eat, but no matter what I do, I cannot get rid of my tummy. I finally decided to tackle it once and for all. Originally, I thought my only option was liposuction, but after seeing a few plastic surgeons and being told that CoolSculpting would give me the same results as lipo without the downtime or surgery. To top it off, it was a fraction of the cost! At first I thought it was too good to be true, but I decided to keep an open mind and do a little research when I got home that night.

My plastic surgeon told me I was a good candidate because:

1) I am not overweight, but have a localized area of fat that is resistant to diet and working out.
2) I am young with good skin elasticity.
3) I have not had children (again for the skin elasticity).

There are some mixed reviews on here, so at first I was nervous, but if you read the negative reviews, the patients don't often meet the criteria listed above - which makes me think that some places are performing this procedure on just anyone - thus, the mixed results. So I decided to take the plunge.

Yesterday I had the first of a series of CoolSculpting sessions. Yesterday I did one applicator on each side of my lower abdomen, and one in the center of the upper abdomen. Next week I go back for flanks and still need to schedule bra roll and armpit roll.

The first 10 mins of each section was uncomfortable, but not unmanageable. I'm way more bothered about the fact that my entire abdomen is numb. It's so weird not feeling my pants on my belly! I just leaned over the counter to get something and pushing against my belly was pretty painful. The doc said she'd prescribe some nerve meds if I need them - I think I'm going to ask her for them now, since I feel like this might or might not suck once the numbness wears off. Here are my before pics. Can't wait to see some results!!!

Flanks sucked

Had my flanks done today. Holy crap that sucked. I have bruises and now my entire midsection is swollen and numb and sore. Doc says I am the first person she's had that's ever said the flanks were worse. Aren't I lucky? Probably doesn't help that I'm getting my period next week.

results already?

I'd say yes. You tell me. 2.5 weeks post lower and upper abs, 1.5 weeks post flanks.

Update photos

Still another 2 months until the final result. So far so good!

Had a second treatment on my lower abs today

So here are my "final" results, and while i would say there is a definite improvement, there is still quite a pooch on my lower belly. So today I went back and had a second treatment. This time, she used the large coolmax applicator and did my entire lower belly at once. Holy crap was this painful. It felt like my intestines were being sucked into the applicator. The whole time it felt like I needed to use the bathroom. Really uncomfortable. I was sweating and shaking by the time the hour was over. Afterward, I did use the bathroom. Not sure if the treatment made me go, or the fact that I had to go made the treatment worse.
Anyway, my plastic surgeon gave me a script for the nerve meds that she figured I would need based on how much pain I was in during the procedure. I'm hoping this second round really flattens the lower pooch.
I've also kicked up my diet and workouts, so hopefully all of these things together get me to the place I want to be.
Also - need some advice. I've been dating a guy for a few months now and haven't shared anything about this. I'm seeing him in a few days. Do I tell him? I'm afraid he'll touch my stomach and I won't be able to handle the discomfort. #coolsculptingproblems

Bloated, swollen, uncomfortable

Well, I'm officially not comfortable. The pain is fairly constant, and the only thing that relieves it is ice. I also am uncomfortably bloated, and it sucks. I don't even really want to eat. I'm hoping that the amount of discomfort I'm in directly translates to results. Fingers crossed.

Eh

I'm sorry to say this procedure was not worth it for me. Did I get some improvement? Sure. But no where near what I wanted. When I first met with my surgeon, she told me that i would have nearly identical results using cool sculpting than those if I had chosen liposuction. When we met for my final appointment, she agreed that my results were not what we'd wanted or expected, and I've now scheduled lipo at a very reduced cost. I guess I'll start another review to chronicle that experience. I just want to wear a bikini one day. Is that too much to ask?