Sliding Genioplasty-Extremely Satisfied with Results - New York, NY

New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 17 reviews
Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am a 20 year old female and I was born with...

I am a 20 year old female and I was born with pierre robin syndrome which resulted in having a small chin. For as long as I remember I have been determined to correct this flaw that I couldn't seem to let go. Years ago I started the process of looking into my options and most of my research led me in the direction of a chin implant. It wasn't until I was informed about the sliding genioplasty procedure, that I quickly recognized it was the better option. I did countless research before I actually followed through and booked the appointment. I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. My weak chin and profile has bothered be my entire life, and I am currently a little over a month post-op and the results completely exceeded my expectations. My profile, which was always recessed, is significantly straighter and my entire neckline is lengthened. As for the recovery, it was far less painful than I was expecting it to be. I had relatively low swelling or numbness, and have just recently stopped noticing the tightness in my bottom teeth(which was to be expected). This procedure has given me so much confidence, and has allowed me to see myself as a beautiful, young woman. I have no regrets and highly recommend this procedure if you are the right candidate for it. You will not regret it either.
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

I had met with two other surgeons prior to meeting with Doctor Jamali who were both reputable for their work, however due to cost it was not realistically going to work out. My parents and I researched for a while and immediately were directed to Dr. Jamali. Although it was out of our area, it was clear he was extremely well known for his work. After contacting the office, we learned that he works through his own surgical center, which made the cost fairly affordable. At my first consultation I could tell right away how knowledgeable he was about the sliding genioplasty. He drew a very precise outline from the x-rays he took to show me what I could expect as a result and thoroughly answered all of our questions. This consultation was much more informative than the previous two I had and confirmed that I definitely wanted to follow through with the procedure, and more importantly that Dr. Jamali was the man for the job. The day of my surgery, Dr. Jamali, along with his entire staff made me feel extremely comfortable and relieved any nerves I was experiencing. The procedure went very well and both he and his team were so good about staying in contact with me through my recovery to make sure I was feeling good and answer any follow up questions I had. At my post-op appointment Dr. Jamali was extremely pleased with the result as was I, and I still couldn't believe how much of an improvement it made. I'm so grateful we found Dr. Jamali, he was excellent and so thorough I would highly recommend him to anyone considering this procedure.