Happy 50th to Me...I Don't Feel or Act 50, Why Should my Face Look 50? - New York, NY

I had always looked young for my age, until 8...

I had always looked young for my age, until 8 years ago when I had a complete hysterectomy. My face started aging before my eyes. In pictures taken 6 months apart I literally looked liked I had aged 2 years. I had toyed with the idea of a nip here and a tuck there, but never thought I'd really be able to do it. As 50 started knocking on the door I decided I was going to fight aging every step of the way. I researched and met with several surgeons and there really was no one that even came close to Dr. Romo, and his staff, as a top contender for consideration...not one. I spoke with Dr. Romo personally several times on the phone before we even did the "official" phone consultation...he always made time to answer any questions and sooth any nerves. His office staff, Diane and Michelle, go above and beyond to make you feel like you are the only patient they are dealing with...always pleasant, get back to you quickly if you have to leave a message, professional, knowledgable, polite, helpful, and genuinely kind and caring. During my first in person meeting with Dr. Romo, he explained everything about the operation in great detail, and in a way I would understand without being condescending. He told me what to expect in the recovery room, the first pot-op day, and the rest of healing process at each "benchmark" stage. He answered every question I had, and I never once felt rushed or like "just another patient." He is professional and very personable, as is his office staff, and all of the staff I dealt with at the surgical center. Dr. Romo visited me in my hotel room (across the street from the surgical center) the morning after surgery for my first post-op check and personally called me every day or two until my next in-person check-up. I had a lower lid blesph, neck lipo and lift with small amount of fat transfer, chin implant, face and brow lift. This may sound like a lot, and it is, but I truly needed it all...not once did Dr. Romo try to "upsell" or add procedures I didn't need or want. In fact, I asked about a couple of additional procedures and he said I didn't need them...he said he could and would do them, but it would be a waste of my money. My husband is a general surgeon and he is truly amazed at the skills that Dr. Romo has...my husband is simply stunned at how well hidden the suture lines are, as well as the quality of them...surgical perfection! If you are considering ANY facial procedure, I highly recommend Dr. Thomas Romo III!

Pre & post-op pics

As the time flies by...can't believe today is three weeks...I'm beginning to see improvements nearly daily...swelling is going down and bruises are fading quickly now. I admit it takes SO much longer to get ready in the morning with all of the different layers of shades and types of concealers/foundation/blush, etc...and three times as long to take it all off at night, but I know it's worth it...and this part won't last too much longer. Also takes longer to gently wash/condition/dry hair, but slowly getting faster. I was taking post-op progress pictures daily until the two week point...won't bore you with the day to day progress, but completely spaced on taking a three week pic today, which stinks because I have really seen a lot of progress over this last week. Maybe I'll remember tomorrow. At least I'm no longer obsessed about studying my face each day and feeling the need for daily pictures...guess I'm getting back on with my life! :) Next visit with Dr. Romo III is coming up on Monday. Can't say enough great things about him and his staff...before, during, and after/follow-ups! Highly recommend!

Day 30...woo-hoo!

Healing continues to be going well...swelling and bruising decreasing while range of motion is increasing and stiffness is lessening. Feeling better by the day! Had a few "stubborn" bruises that just didn't seem to be going away. Had a check up with Dr. Romo III on Monday and began taking RAC, which is part of his Rapid Recovery plan. I feel amazing and the "stubborn" bruises are gone. THRILLED!!! :)

8 week mark!

Feeling great after 8 weeks! I saw Dr. Romo today and things are healing and progressing nicely. It's always a pleasure to see him and his staff, and I continue to highly recommend him for ANYone considering anything facial...I couldn't be happier with my results and patient care! I turn 50 in five months and I'm looking forward to it now (although I'm NOT looking forward to my son turning 30 the month after!). I haven't had my hair cut or colored since a week before the FL...can't wait until Saturday for that. Now to just get back to the exercising! ;)

First trip to hairdresser post-op

Yesterday I got my hair cut and colored...finally!! I have to tell you all, it was the first time in years that I looked in his mirror and didn't flinch (and cry & scream a little inside, OK a LOT inside!;) What a journey! Thank you all for your support and for sharing your stories...they have truly helped me as I wrestled with nerves before the surgery and as I've progressed down the post-surgical road!
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon