It's Not a Walk in the Park - New York, NY

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Before I start, I want to first thank each and...

Before I start, I want to first thank each and everyone of you for sharing an ocean of valuable information.
Being on this site has truly been a God send to help me cope with BR surgery.

I turn 40 on December 1st, a big milestone, a time I thought appropriate for fulfilling your dreams.

I waited 25 years to have this surgery, for one reason or the other, I just never had the courage. After two lovely children (ages 1 and 2), two C-sections and not being to breast feed, I knew that now is the time to move forward.

My husband was against it, he said he loved my large breasts. It took a bit of time and a long visit with my PS to eventually get the point across. This was not a huge reduction, but for my frame, my breasts were large enough to be symptomatic. I was a 34DD and now I am not sure, but the goal was going down to a 34C.

My PS said everything went well. I had drain tubes for 24 hours post op which was not so painful to remove.
The most difficult day was day 1, the day I changed my bra and looked at my breasts. My first reaction was, O God, what have I done.....I broke into tears and did not know what to do.

My breasts were way high up, almost suspended to my clavicle, and the bottom part was totally flat with no breast tissue with a vertical line going straight across (lollipop). My nipples were not recognizable and I felt like my breasts are
going to pop from the swelling. They looked so fake, like two cone shaped coconuts glued to my chest.

I immediately contacted the PS and he assured me that things look the way they are meant to be at day one, and that it's only natural for me to react that way. I calmed some extend. I went on line and eventually found this site.

Today is day 4, and I must say that things are getting a little better. My breasts still look horrific, but I am better with looking at them now. I am following the post operative care to a T and am trying as much as I can to stay optimistic and positive. I am down to Tylenol extra strength, antibiotics and arnica tablets. Vicodin was making me really sick.

As far as the swelling goes, I think I am more swollen today than day one, more so on the right side. As of now, right breast looks bigger and lower.

My sides, were the lipo was done burn badly, and are very swollen.

Luckily, I bought two Merena bras before surgery and I like them a lot.

Swelling, not getting better.
Both breasts are rock solid, afraid they are going to pop.
Occasional light headedness, not triggered by anything in particular.
One breast in now lower than the other.
Incision line puckered.

I go for my one week post op next Tuesday, hopefully I will have good news.

In the mean time, happy healing everyone.

Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful