Hoping for a Successful Surgery and Giving It a Second Try - New York, NY

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

This will be my second time trying to have a...

This will be my second time trying to have a breasts reduction surgery. Last year around this time I was scheduled to have the surgery but for reasons beyond my control it had to be cancelled twice. After the second cancellation I lost my insurance and gave up on pursuing the surgery. A year has now gone by and my neck and back pains have not gotten any better so I decided to try again. I was able to get my insurance back and was told I didn't have to go through the whole process since I've already been approved before. So now I'm just waiting for my ps to give me a new surgery date and I'm hoping it is sometime soon...

Surgery date

So my doctor's office called me and scheduled my surgery for June 9th which is about 2 1/2 weeks away. I'm so excited and ready to be done with the heavy fun bags. I don't know if it's just in my mind but I swear I feel like the pain is getting worst the closer I get to the date the more pain my back and neck have....

Starting to get nervous

Idk why I'm starting to get nervous now. I'm about 8 days away from my surgery. I had a mammogram done yesterday as well as a physical. But I've just been reading things about complications with anesthesia and I think I made myself nervous for no damn reason. I've never been under so I don't know how my body will react to the medications... Anyone else psyched themselves out for no reason before their surgery?

Pre op

Feeling a little less nervous. Had my pre-op appointment today and signed a bunch of papers. Nothing more. I was told I would be given the time of the surgery the day before which is next Wednesday.

One more day...

So tomorrow is the big day and I don't really know how I feel. I'm trying to get everything in order before hand so I can be prepared. I haven't bought and sports bras yet since I'm not sure what size I will be but I have a little time because I can't take my surgical bra off for 8 days. I'm super excited that this time is finally coming, but still a little nervous. I will try to post as many pics as I can from before and after the surgery.

Today is the day....

I'm up at 1 am and I have to be at the hospital at 7am. Haven't been able to sleep but I'm excited about today. I just pray everything goes well and I have a successful surgery with no complications and have a speedy recovery... Wish my luck and keep me in your prayers please! Will update as soon as I can.

Made it to the other side

My surgery was yesterday and all went well thanks god! I'm a little out of it now so i will put the full update and pics up later. Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind words....

post up day 1

So I made it to the other side.. Yaaaayyy!!! So I had to be at the hospital at 7 am. My surgery was around 9. Everyone was super friendly and kept me laughing. I loved my anesthesiologist. He made me laugh the most. Dr. Glasberg came and did my drawings and asked me what size I would like to be and I told him a D. Shortly after that I was taken into the surgery room and was strapped down. I was told to breath into the mask and it was lights out from there. I don't remember a lot from when I woke up at first. I do remember coughing a lot and I had to take the oxygen tube from my nose because it was annoying me. I did feel a lot of pain when I woke up and told the nurse and she put something in my IV. I was still in a lot of pain when she checked on me again so she gave me some more pain killers and I was ok after that. My husband joined me soon after and then I was sent downstairs to finish recovering and was offered muffins and apple juice. About a hour later I was released. The cab ride home was torture !!! It was about a 45 minute drive from Manhattan to Brooklyn and I swear we hit every bump that was on the rode. I felt like I was sweating through my clothes and when I got home and took them off I realized it was sweat, it was blood seeping through my surgical bra. I was a little worried because it seem like a lot and I called dr. Glasberg's office and he told me that it was normal and for me to add more gauze on it. I can't take off my bra at all until I see him on the 17th and I'm a little grossed out about that because I hate being in a bloody bra for 8 days. But, it is what it is so I will follow the doctor's orders. I can't wait to see my new breasts although the seem so small. Lol. I don't remember the last time the looked like this. I will say that the pain in my neck and back immediately disappeared and my postured changed. I also am able to see my stomach and that is giving me all the motivation I need to get into the gym!!! I asked my husband if they added fat to my stomach and he said no your stomach has always been that way????????????. As soon as I'm healed I'm hitting the gym hard!!!

Post op days 2-4

Post op day 2 was ok, the bleeding I had from the surgery had stopped and I pretty much just rested for most of the day. The Tylenol 3 had me knocked out for the most part. My husband has been waiting on me night and day so I had a lot of support. Day 3 I was tired of sitting down all day and tried to walk around more and do things on my own. Also the medication was giving me a headache after it start wearing off. I went to do laundry with my husband and realized I couldn't stand for a long period of time because I started feeling horrible and dizzy. Also, I felt a lot of pain throughout the day all over my breasts. Day 4 was an ok day. I feel better and the swelling on the top of my boobs are starting to go down.

First post op appointment-8 days post op

So, saw my doctor today and although I think he's a great surgeon, I'm very disappointed in how the appointment went. He came in the room and told me to sit back on the chair so he can take open the surgical bra and take off the gauze. He rips the gauze off, glances at my breast and says "looks good, come back in two weeks" and then just leaves. Doesn't give me a chance to ask questions or anything. Plus, I was scared because I didn't know what to do. I hadn't seen my breasts and wasn't sure how I was supposed to handle them. I just closed the dirty bra back up(didn't know he wouldn't give me another one) and left the office. When I got on the train I noticed my shirt was wet. I thought it may have been sweat since it was hot outside. But when I pulled my shirt away from my body i noticed dark blood. I didn't think too much of it at first until about 30 minutes later I felt it trickling down my stomach. When I got home I took a shower and noticed the brown blood was still streaming down. I've now been putting gauze on it all day and I'm wondering if this is normal. I'm thinking maybe it's just drainage but I'm not sure. I was going to see how it is tomorrow and if it's still coming down and soaking throw all the gauze then I will call my doctor. Has anyone else experienced this? I can't even post a pic now because the bleeding is constant.

10 days post op

I can't wait until they start looking normal... Lol


I am now almost 3 weeks post op. I am now a little more comfortable with laying in my bed. It took some getting adjusting to because I normally don't sleep on my back. Yesterday I noticed that the bottom half of my breasts are numb. I feel nothing in them. I've read that it happens sometimes although I thought that it was on in the nipples. Have anyone experienced this and if so has the feeling eventually come back?

3 weeks post op

So I had my doctor's visit on Friday and he told me everything looked good and I can take off the tape now. I wasn't expecting to do it myself but I guess that's just how he does it. So far I've taken off tape around my nipples and it was ok. Later I will try to take the tape from underneath although I'm a little nervous about it because I'm still bleeding a bit from there. But I will update what happens.... Oh and my nipple are ultra sensitive!!! Lol.... What do you all recommend for scar reduction?

4 weeks post op

For the most part everything has been good this week. I still have some draining where my right breast starts to leak a bit. I'm able to sleep on my side a bit more. I get random pains throughout the day which is to be expected. I still have thread through my nipples and I'm not sure what to do with that. My friend told me it will dissolve on its own so we'll see. My incisions have been itching a lot and I'm trying so hard not to scratch them. Still in love with my new breasts. Can't wait until it's fully healed. Oh and I'm still swollen in some areas. Especially on the sides.

5 week post op

I'm a little late in writing this but my boobies are doing great! I'm so in love with them and they seem to be healing well. I've been sleeping on my stomach more and have had no complications so far. When I get home from work I take my bra off for a couple of hours to let them breathe a bit. I have been have some pain that feels a little different but I believe it's due to that time of the month. Still swollen on the sides and I can't wait for that to go down and shape into normal breasts.
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful