Breast Lift W/ Auto Augmentation NO IMPLANT 25 Y/o, 0 Kids,Post Bariatric Surgery - New York, NY

Hello everyone, I have lingered around the site...

Hello everyone,

I have lingered around the site for quite some time now but have never gathered the courage to write a review until now.

I am 25 years old, No children. Exactly 2 years ago today I underwent a vertical sleeve gastrectomy (better known as "the sleeve") in order to lose weight. I have lost 90 pounds, and while most of my body is in good shape (some jiggle here and there that more exercising can tone), I cannot stand my breast! They deflated and drooped to a point where i have become self-conscious about them. I am absolutely in love with my new body, but my breast make me sad. I have always wanted perky breast and I am now making it happen.

I am happy with my breast size. I currently wear a 34C. I toyed around with the idea of getting a small implant for some upper pole volume but the more research i did, the less i liked the idea of an implant: i couldn't fathom the idea of some foreign object inside my body and all the risk and complications that could arise with implants. The more I browsed this site the more i learned and stumbled upon a breast lift procedure with auto augmentation, where they reposition your own breast tissue and reshape the breast for upper pole projection and volume. It wont be as much volume as an implant but I will take what I can get!

I know that most people are weary about the scar, but quite honestly i am not because only i know that scar is there and there are many forms of scar treatment to help it become less visible. What is extremely important to me is the technique and expertise of the surgeon and the shape, volume and projection my breast will have. I have been looking forward to this for a long time.

With all that being said: I am scheduled for a breast lift on April 3, 2015 with Dr. Tae Ho Kim in NYC. From my very first visit with him I felt this sense of security, like I knew he was the right surgeon for me. The energy was just right!
My surgery will be done at an outpatient surgical center in Manhattan (which is fine with me because it keeps the OR fee lower than hospital) and I cannot be more excited! I will give updates as I get closer to my surgery date and will definitely post Post-Op pics.

I am glad to have found this site and spend so much time on it researching and reading so many people's experiences. I am open to advise and suggestions from those who have already undergone the procedure! I want to be as prepared as possible for this.

I have a question for you post op ladies

Hello ladies,

So as y'all know, I'm schedule for BL w/ Auto Augmentation on April 3, 2015. I've been looking into which silicone scar treatments work best. What has your experience with scar treatment been? Have any of you used New Gel Plus silicone strips or gel? Scaraway?

Also, how long were you at the surgical center/hospital from the moment of check in til you were able to go home? I don't know why, but i'm just interested in knowing. My surgery is schedule for 12:30pm as of right now.

I have started a countdown til my surgery date. I'm very excited and anxious. I cannot wait to get this done!

Have a good night everyone!

I'M ONLY WEEK AWAY FROM THE BIG DAY!

HELLO LADIES!!!

By my CAPS you can tell i'm very excited! lol

I met with my surgeon today for the last time before I see him next Friday, April 3, 2015, at the surgical center. We discussed very minor things such as how much breast drop and what to expect when I get to the surgical center. He took some before pictures as well.

I must say, I'm not nervous at all! I'm so ready for this. I'm literally counting down the days and hours til April 3rd. I have an amazing support system that are cheering me on through this decision. So far I've bought a couple of front-zip sports bras and New Gel Plus Silicone Strips (for the scar) in the nude color to start using as soon as I am cleared to do so. I've stopped all vitamins and supplements as instructed. I'm just waiting for around for this coming week to fly by and finally accomplish one of my goals of 2015!

I will post an update on Friday 4/3/15 after my surgery to let you beauties know how it all went!

2 Days til the big day

Feeling very very anxious and excited! Can't wait til Friday!

TODAY WAS THE BIG DAY! ALL DONE:)

Hello everyone! Just wanted to update lovely ladies: ITS DONE! IVE BEEN LIFTED! YAAAY

I'm currently on my way home and I feel ok. The center have me a Vicodin before leaving because I was starting to feel some discomfort and these NYC potholes DO NOT HELP! I am wrapped up in a bandage which I can't touch til my post op and wrapped in surgical.. LIKE A GIFT BOX LOL.
According my Dr. Kim everything went excellent! I can't wait til next week to see them! I'm in a bandage but I can see they they are where they belong and that makes
Me soooooo happy!

Off to rest and recover ladies! And to my all my ladies that just got their procedures: let's try to keep up with updates. It's important to document as much as possible for everyone else researching and considering a lift. Also, best of luck and speedy recovery ??

1 pic post op w/ my "gift wrap"

It's been a few hours since my breast lift and I'm feeling ok. Im having more discomfort on my right side than my left. Every keeps asking me if I'm in pain and truly, I'm not. It's more of a very very very sore feeling- like when your breast get tender when you're PMSing- time like 10-15 lol.
My PS and his wonderful staff of 1 have been great at checking up and promptly answering my questions.

Off to nap now

PS: I have to get used to sleeping face up. I'm a back and side sleeper so this shall be interesting

4 Days Post Op pics

So I have been unwrapping and rewrapping my bandage because it is extremely itchy and uncomfortable after some time. So tonight I'm giving my boobies a little break and got to snap a sneek pic of them! I cannot wait for the final results! Only took a pic of the left one because the pad is stuck on the right breast. I have my first post op on Friday.

5 Days Post Op-update on how i've been feeling

Morning Ladies: Just wanted to share a little on how i've been feeling.
The first 2 days i experienced a lot of soreness and was very uncomfortable. On Easter Sunday I was absolutely fine all day until the evening. In the evening I started to feel sick and out of it and my mom said I looked a little yellow in the face. I'm not sure it was that my blood pressure dropped a little (which happens sometimes since my weightloss surgery). I fell asleep and woke up feeling so crappy. My breast were a little sore and felt super uncomfortable. AT THIS POINT I REALIZED THAT I'M DUE FOR MY PERIOD ANY MINUTE NOW! This explained the shitty feeling.
Since yesterday I have felt ok, not experiencing pain but definitely discomfort during different times of the day. My incisions itchy like crazy sometimes (which i heard was a great sign).
I did have terrible constipation. My stomach was so bloated I looked like I was 3-4 months pregnant! I finally went to the bathroom (very painfully) on Sunday and have been going since. It was the most constipated i've ever been in my life, but I'm glad that's over.
I'm really trying not to reach for things which is very difficult. i find that that muscle/ligament that connect from the underarm to the chest pulls a bit or my chest muscle ends up pulling a bit. Idk if this is normal or not. I would like to know if any of you ladies keep from overextending your arms?

Because of the swelling, my left breast looks bigger than my right, BUT naturally my left has always been bigger than my right. I hope it's not as a apparent when the swelling goes down and everything settles.
Also, I HAVE BEEN DYING TO SHOWER! My mom helps shower from the waist down and the neck up.

I know my post is all over the place, but I just typed as things came to mind. I hope all you lovely ladies are healing well! Happy Healing :)

1st post op appointment pics

Yesterday was my 1st post op appointment. Today marks my 1st week post op! My PS says everything looks great. Apparently all the sports bras I have are not what I'm supposed to be wearing. He suggested a softer/lighter support sports bra, not the padded front zips I have. He suggest I get those built in brah camisoles, thankfully I had 2 at home. This weekend I will head to Target and purchase something appropriate.
My constipation is alleviated for the most part, it's still sort of difficult to go to the bathroom at times and I no longer have pain nor am I taking pain meds. I'm sticking to regular Tylenol once or twice a day (as needed).
My incisions itch a lot and look really good.
I'm having a terrible night's sleep! This was so much easier while on pain meds! I am not looking forward to waking up exhausted on Monday for work. I hope my pillow and I can work this out for the next few weeks til I can sleep on my side a little. I have 2 days waking up with terrible headaches and feeling a little out of it for the majority of the day. Idk what's causing it. It could just be my head/neck position while I sleep at night.

My left breast feels hard

Last night I was in a lot of discomfort. My left breast hurt and felt swollen
And hard. I took some pain meds and went to sleep. I woke up this morning with less discomfort and swelling but it still feels hard. My right boob feels nice and soft. I'm wondering if any of you ladies experience the same? I'm going to call my PS tomorrow to ask him as well

My 3 week post op update-2nd post op appt pics

Hey everyone! Yesterday (Friday 4/24) was my 3 weeks post breast lift. I saw my surgeon on Thursday and he removed the tan strips. He said everything looked great and i'm healing nicely. Here are some pictures of my progress.

A quick update for y'all

Hello beautiful ladies, it's been a little while but I'm here to update you gals. I was busy finishing up the semester but I'm back!
This coming Friday I will be 7 weeks post op.

So I don't have much to say besides, I'm more in love with them everyday! The swelling on the left breast has gone down significantly and it has softened up as well. They feel like the did before surgery, nice and soft, but they're lifted! :) I LOVE THEM!

I had a spitting suture about 2 weeks ago and it was effortlessly snipped off by my surgeon. Didn't feel anything, didn't bleed, didn't hurt. nada!
I think my scarring is amazing! My scar is so thin and I know it will fade beautifully! I am using New Gel+ silicone strips on my vertical scar for about a week and a half more on than off. I wear it at all times and give myself a 12 hour break once a week. This week I cut up 2 sheets of Scar Away that I had sitting there for some time and decided to use them on my nipple scars. I might not continue to use the Scar Away on my nipples thorough, I'd rather just let time take care of that since my scars are already so thin.

I hope everyone is healing well! Love and good vibes to everyone!

A Quick Update 4 months and 3 weeks post op

Hello Everyone!

I've been meaning to post an update between work and school i've been pretty busy. I wanted to give you guys a quick update:
*DISCLAIMER* i don't have anymore recent pictures at the moment but when i find the time to take a few in different angles i will make sure to share them.
Everything healed wonderfully
I had zero complication
I find it uncomfortable to wear bras with an underwire. My boobs feel achy when i take them off.
I wear bralettes, i find them very comfy and they provide enough support. I also like very light weight sports bras- the ones that are like little camisoles.
I'm pretty much braless... A LOT!
Nipple sensation is.. MEH.. translation: it's ok. My nipples have reacted to cold and touch from very early. The feeling is not the same though-My left nipple is a tiny bit numb and i have significant sensation on my right.
Scars- my surgeon is the bomb! My scars are beautiful. they're thin and light and just beautiful.
When it's that time of the month, i could definitely feel them swell up. They look and feel slightly bigger and my nipples get achy.
I had a black dot on the nipple incision on each breast. I squeezed each one like you would an ingrown and 1 on the pushed out a spitting suture. I was too scared to pull it out so I went to see my surgeon and he removed it. It did not hurt at all and it was tiny. Just 2 days ago I decided to try and squeeze the black dot on the other breast and finally got it out myself. It was like squeezing out an ingrown hair. Both tiny holes closed almost immediately and all was well.

If I had to do have this surgery all over again, I would not chose anyone other than Dr. Kim. I am beyond happy and beyond satisfied with the work he did on me. I LOVE my breast.
New York Plastic Surgeon