Much Needed BBL ~ Happy with Results but ..... - New York

I've been waiting for a little while to this...

I've been waiting for a little while to this review as I wanted to give Dr.Schulman the opportunity to prove me wrong regarding his customer service. Long story short, I am from Canada and travelled to NY for the surgery. We planned to stay a week, as required by Dr.Schulman. On Wednesday night, we got a call from my family back in Canada advising me that my father was involved in a life threatening car accident and he was kept in coma in order to be able to give him the best care possible. Needless to say, I had to be on my father's side so my husband called to Dr.Schulman's office first thing in the morning. I wasn't able to speak, crying, being in distress as I was worried sick about my father. My husband talked to someone, I don't even know who, but seems that this person had no empathy or any comprehension regarding the situation as she seemed very mad about us going back to Canada and cancelling the friday's appointment. She offered to meet us right away, but traffic in NY in the morning, I didn't want to waste any more time away from my father. We drove to NY so we had lots of pillows in the back of our SUV and I lay down on my belly all he way back home, moving my legs often in order to avoid clots.
When I arrived home, I had a very angry email from Dr Schulman, who advised me that I was not released and that I had to go back to NY np the next week. Considering the situation, it was impossible and honestly, I was very disappointed to read this lack of empathy regarding this event. I felt like a kid who got grounded. This is the last thing I needed. He mentioned that he was not abandoning me as a patient. But it was obvious that I was very angry at me.

I have to say that after the surgery, I was feeling very well, I did not take any pain killer after the surgery and I had absolutely no fever, had BM, basically no pain whatsoever, no bleeding, etc.... If I would have had any worries about my health or concerns about the recovery, I would have go to the ER or called Dr.Schulman. Although, I felt very fine. This is why I was ok with the fact that I had to go back home to my dad.

I had some question on the 4th day regarding the lipo foam and the garment. He answered in the evening. I then promised to follow up on Friday following the first shower. ~ oh the shower... Taking off the garment made me feel so light headed.. I almost fainted. It was really a bitter sweet experience. Showering was bliss but all I wanted is putting back the garment. The lipo foam was spotless, no bleeding or anything. Hubby told me that everything looked fine and it was beautiful. I didn't even thought about looking at the result.
Following this email, I stopped getting answers to my questions. I don't even know how much CC he was able to inject as my emails remains unanswered since then. As I am out of the country, emails are the best way for me to communicate and I can always refer to the emails if I am not sure about something. I wrote many emails but still silence from them. I have to admit that I was expecting more professionalism from them, especially at they are far from cheap. I believe that they should go above and beyond to ensure that they give an excellent customer service but I guess they are not seeing things this way. Although, before the surgery, Rachel and Tami answered very quickly to my multiples emails regarding the clearance etc.... But now... Very different story.

However, I am quite happy with my result. The swelling is almost gone on my butt (I have to admit that I am a bit disappointed as I can't see the shelf I had during the first week; I know I have to wait a couple of months for the final result) still numb in the back, very sensitive where I had lipo. I had lipo in the flanks, back, and inner thighs. I didn't had any lipo on the belly as my husband and I want another baby very soon. So, Dr.Schulman and I agreed to wait after the pregnancy to work on the "front".

I wish I could say that I had a 5 stars service but the post op experience leave me with a sour taste in my mouth.
But, on a more positive note, the nurse was a gem. I felt very comfortable, anaesthetist is funny. Surgery room was clean, and everything went smoothly. Everyone was caring and made sure I was ok after the surgery.

I sure wish that I would be able to finally get answers to my emails. Or at least, get the service I paid for.

Little update...

Well, after this review, I got a very nice email from Dr.Schulman apologizing as it seems that the emails were not ignored but probably believed to be already answered.
That was very nice of him to take the time to amend this misunderstanding and set things straight. He took the time to answer my question, from home, which I truly appreciate.
As I said, their service before and during the surgery and the outcome are top notch and I am very happy with the result so far.
I do believe that it's important for me to let you all know that the "email situation" is resolved and Dr.Schulman will make sure that no similar event happen in the future. This is, in my opinion, very professional. :-)

Picture taken tonight

Here's a better picture... Close to 4 weeks. Incisions are healing well, and as you a can see , still some swelling ont he flanks and back, which is normal.

Received the before after pics

Dr.Schulman sent me the before and after pics.
Wow, what a difference!!
I couldn't be happier, seeing how nicely he sculpt my waist and hips, plus gave me by nice volume...
No wonder why he's the butt genius!
New York Plastic Surgeon