30 Yr Old, No Kids ANTICIPATING BBL WITH DR SCHULMAN - New York, NY

I recently had a phone consultation with Dr...

I recently had a phone consultation with Dr Schulman and made my deposit. Looking forward to the procedure. All my life, I battled with wanting a flat tummy badly. Most times my tummy wld go down and so will the rest of my body. I'm ok with my butt and every other part of my body. But I find out that when my tummy flattens, so do my boobs, thighs and butt... Sadly! Hence, my resolve to do the BBL.

Pre-op pics

A month to surgery

Hi, I just got a confirmation from Tami that my medical clearance has been received. I'm ALL CLEARED AND GOOD TO GO. I got my consent forms and I'm going through them. The reality of what I'm about to do is setting in and I'm still in shock that I'm actually going through with this. LOL. I ordered my booty buddy which arrives sometime this week. ( I read on booty4real's page that it's a MUST HAVE) . So ladies I need some more advise on what other supplies I'd be needing for the surgery. I'd really appreciate your responses.

Woohoo I made it!!!

So I had my surgery done 8 a.m. To say I was nervous, anxious, scared and every other adjective you can think of is an understatement. LOL. I arrived NY last night with my sister and she and my other sister are the only ones who know about this. I come from a very religious and conservative family so I kept praying nothing would go wrong. GOD didn't fail me and Dr S and his team did an amazing job as well. So I arrived at the facility @ 7:15 am... It was a less than 5 mins walk from my hotel. Met Nurse J at the reception and did the needful ( pregnancy test, signed my forms, IV etc) Dr Chodra comes in, Dr S marks me, then I proceed to the OR. while conversating with Dr Chodra I passed out and next thing I know I'm in recovery in pains, groggy with a full bladder lol. Too dizzy to get up, Christine ( the nurse) helped me with something I peed into, I have no idea what it's called. I really wanted to be back in my hotel so my sister was called, at this point I was feel much less dizzy. In the cab, I felt more comfy kneeling on the back seat r route the hotel. Let me add that the pain I was in was CRAZY!!! We get to the hotel, I eat a few Oreos and take 1 tablet of the painkillers which did Nothing. So I asked for a second and it did wonders. I've slept 2ce now (on my stomach) so I feel much better now and can talk with my sister, walk around, pee, watch tv etc. Let me add that Nurse J is a sweetheart!!!!! Very motherly.

Loss of appetite

I feel somewhat better now. However I make a conscious effort to walk more like waddle around the room each time I pop my pain killers. My paranoid sis makes me get up in order to avoid 'blood clot' *rolling my eyes* I was seriously craving some Thai food, we ordered it alas I smelt it and my craving disappeared!!!! Drinking lots of fluids tho. And I reduced my hydrocodone to 1 pill every 4 hours. Pain isn't as excruciating anymore. My body itches but Tami said it was normal that it's from the garment and part of the healing process. Still no bowel movement. Shower day is tomorrow.... Can't wait!!!! I'm yet to see my result so I look forward to shower day. Never looked forward to taking a bath like this. I feel dirty and bundled up.

Shower day and first look at my result

saw my body for the first time today post op. I'm not a very inquisitive person and I tend to follow instructions to the last letter. So I waited till today to look at it. Contrary to expectations, I wasn't dizzy when the garment came off . All I know is I was super relieved and the water felt so good and soothing on my back most especially. I love my result but I wish my butt was bigger! My bra rolls are gone. GOOD NEWS and so is the cellulite on my bum. My butt is firmer which is nice and my waist looks snatched.

Had higher expectations

To be honest , I'm not so happy with my result. I feel like I didn't get enough value for my money. I had a much higher expectation considering the amount I spent. Considering I had so much fat, and wasn't a flattie before the surgery, all that was done to my butt was more projection and nothin was actually done to my hips and my stomach which I paid extra for isn't as flat as I wanted it to be. I'm trying not to upset myself my thinking of how much time, effort and money was invested. I've started looking for another Dr to have a round 2 with probably next year or after I have my kids. A doctor that's top on my list is Dr Miami. It seems giving the hippie look is his forte and I like that. Plus he's not even as expensive.

Some more pics

I'm at the fluffing stage now. My butt is getting realistically soft now. And the swellings in my lipo areas are going down but my tummy isn't as flat as I want it to be. I've been told to be patient so that's what I'm gonna do. I noticed some bruising from the compression garments. I can't wait to graduate to stage 2 Garment this time next week.
New York Plastic Surgeon

He did a better job on my stomach as opposed to my butt. I had a lot of fat which he also confirmed. So I'm very disappointed with my result considering I had a big bum before the surgery. I was looking for more roundness, hips and more projection. It doesn't look like I had anything done to my butt and I won't be telling anyone I did. I had higher expectations from the reviews I read here and considering I told him I wanted big.