40 Year Old- Waited 25 Years for This Day! New York, NY

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I'm a 40 year old school teacher, mother of two....

I'm a 40 year old school teacher, mother of two. My whole life I was uncomfortable with the size of my breast. This was the third time in 8 years I went for a consultation hoping my insurance will cover this so needed procedure. My prayers were finally answered and in two weeks I received a called from my doctor telling me I had been approved. I was in shock, totally didn't expect it to happen so quickly.
I had my surgery on Friday September 18th. It's been five days and I must say I'm not in any pain. I'll break up the days so that it's easy to follow.
Day 1- I arrived at the hospital at 6am for my 7:30 am procedure. I felt very calm and excited, my mom and niece went with me. The nurses and anesthesiologist were extremely patient, knowledgeable, and friendly. They took they're time to answer all my questions and were very warm. My doctor met me and seemed as excited as I was. We had met 3 days prior to go over everything about the procedures and she answered all the questions I could think of. She did the necessary markings and assured me I would see her again once I woke up and I would be in no pain and remember nothing. I was then transferred to the OR and last thing I remember uh my surgeon asking if I had a list of movies to watch once I got home. I woke up about 3 hrs later and my mom was already sitting next to me. She and my niece told me my doctor met with them and told them I would be extremely happy and all was well. I stayed in recovery for about 2 hours and then went home. Once at home I was up and about. The meds didn't make me drowsy so I stayed up Til bed time. That night I woke up about every 3 hrs to use the bathroom due to the ivy fluids but I wasn't in any pain.
Day 2- I woke up around 7 am after getting up throughout the night to use the bathroom. I also slept little BC I had to sleep on my back. My mom helped with a sponge bath. Discomfort when lifting arms but not real pain. At night I again got up a few times to use the bathroom.
Day 3- Felt even better! Ate regular meals and even sat outside and walked to the pharmacy 3 blocks away. I took my meds but never really felt pain. I forgot to mention I HAD NO DRAINS my doctor believe I didn't need it, I believe this has made everything easier.
Day 4- Went for my post-op. My doctor removed the dressings and was very happy with my results. She told me I could wear a comfortable bra with no underwires if I want to. I go back in two weeks to removed two stitches and any surgical tape that hasn't fallen off while showering. I showered once I got home! Again no pain. Slept much better at night.
Day 5- no pain but felt very tired today. My doctor said I would feel this way and it's normal during recuperation.
Day 6- today I feel really tired of being home. I can't wait to drive. Tomorrow I'll ask my doctor is it's ok to do so. I finished I antibiotics today and have only been taking pain meds before bed time as instructed by my doctor.

Day 7- today is really day 6, since I counted the surgery day as day 1.

I can see a big difference on the shape my breast are taking today, I'm very happy with it. Did not feel as much tingling but do feel tired still. I reached out to my doctor about driving and she gave me the green light to do so as long as I haven't taken my meds since bedtime the night before. I drove carefully and felt comfortable doing so. It felt really great! I also asked about the itching, I was told to try cold compress and avoid showers that are too hot. Apparently hot water makes it worse. I was also told I could take an antihistamine but I'll try not to.

Before and after surgery pics

It's being a week and I'm feeling great. Haven't felt need to take pain meds in two days and actually got to sleep better. I went shopping for tops today and was very happy in the fitting room. I can see my waist!

Irritation where the scars meet

First I have to say I slept without a bra last night and felt fantastic! I actually slept through the night for the first time since my surgery 9 days ago.

Now here's my question. Does anyone have noticed redness/ irritation where the two incisions meet (vertical and horizontal)?

I finally removed the tape today and I don't know if it's from showering but it is the only area that's actually irritated. I place a small piece of gauche over it before putting on my bra after showering to protect it for now. Will call my doctor tomorrow.

10 days post op and back to work full time!

Today was my first day back to work since my surgery on the 18th. I had some difficulty while clapping so I used other ways to get my students engaged. I also felt tired at the end of the day so I ran home and showered. Hope everyone is feeling well!

Two Weeks!

Today it's been two weeks I've had my reduction and I week of being back to work full time. I must say I felt tired at work this week, but then again I do work long hours and I'm on my feet all day. My breast are starting to look nice and full and are shaping nicely. I haven't taken meds for a week and a half and haven't really felt pain. I feel better each day. My only complaint is some redness and irritation on the bottom of my breast where the incisions meet. Hope every one is healing nicely!

Stitches out!

My surgeon took out my 2 stitches yesterday. I feel much better BC they were rubbing against my skin. I have to go see her in another three months. This is my second week back to work full time. I finally have enough energy throughout the day! Hope this is helpful!

5 weeks post surgery

Hi all! I'm sorry I haven't posted lately. I'm doing really well, will post pictures soon.

6 weeks after surgery pictures

Never thought I'll post these but here you go! I'm feeling well, still not wearing expensive bras. Basically basically back to normal.

Finding the Right Surgeon is the Key to Great Results

It's been almost 11 months since I had my surgery and I'm writing
this review because I constantly see surgeries chine wrong on this site.
I was fortunate enough to find a surgeon is still monitoring my
results, even though I was happy with my initial results. I've seen
cases here where you only see your doctor once or twice after the
procedure and then you're pretty much on your own. That's totally not my
case and I couldn't be happier. Just this past week I saw my doctor to
remove some scar tissue that has developed around my left areola, and to
do a small revision. I was honestly totally healed and happy with my
initial surgery but my doctor said it needed to be "perfect". I couldn't
be more satisfied, I honestly feel blessed to have found such a caring
doctor. Please feel free to ask any questions. Good luck with your
surgeries, and do your research first, don't settle, it's your body and
you need someone that's great at what they do. Feel free to look at my
profile and see my initial review

11 months post op

Just want to check on those of you that had surgery around the same time as me. I'm extremely happy with my results. Still following up with my Brest surgeon Dr. Doft. I have other friends that have gone for surgery after me, I'm here if you have any questions! Have a bless day everyone!
New York Plastic Surgeon

Amazing bedside manners, very warm and caring. She took the time to answer all my questions and saw me the week of my surgery to answer any other questions I had. Everyone seemed to know her at the hospital and greeted her warmly, this confirmed the trust I already had on my doctor.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful