The Best Gift to Myself Since Becoming a Mom. Atlanta, GA

I started researching about this procedure over a...

I started researching about this procedure over a year ago. Before then, I did not even know there was such a thing, and so many other women go through the same thing! I have always been very self-conscious and uncomfortable about the size of my labia, but after having children, everything looked and felt much worse!! RealSelf helped me tremendously in my research for the right surgeon. It has been a week as of today (6/25/16) since I had my procedure. I had the wedge technique. It was the best decision, ever!! The first photos I am sharing now are the same ones on Dr. Castillo's profile. I will try to post more photos as time goes on. I hope my review will help another woman who is seeking to have labiaplasty.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

I met Dr. Castillo for an initial consultation in December 2015. I had followed him on RealSelf for a while before deciding to meet with him. During that meeting, I knew deep within that he was the right surgeon for me. I never felt rushed; I felt like I was the only patient he was tending to, and I was. He was thorough and honest about expectations; he educated me about the procedure - before, during, and after. I had a list of questions; he covered all that without me asking. Aside from his expertise, he exudes kindness for me as a person. I felt that he would take good care of me; I trusted his judgement, and I was very comfortable around him. We continued to communicate via phone and emails the months followed. Although I booked the appointment a long time ago, but because I am from out of town and had scheduling conflicts, the surgery was not performed until June 2016. During this entire process, I also have to credit Dr. Castillo's Practice Manager, Lynne. She has been a tremendous help to me; so kind, personable, and beyond caring. Six months of waiting for the day of the procedure had me feeling excited, anxious, and sometimes nervous, as I have never had any surgery on my body besides having two vaginal births with an episiotomy. However, during the morning of the procedure, I was very calm. I had prepared my body and mind for this day. The most uncomfortable thing I experienced was the injections to numb the area because I absolutely do not like needles. I would say the procedure took about two hours. Dr. Castillo was very, very thorough, something I understand completely and appreciate him so much more because I am also a perfectionist. Dr. Castillo personally checked in on me that afternoon and continued to do so until I returned for my follow-up appointment three days later. I left town six days after the procedure, and of course, Dr. Castillo has called me. I am very pleased with the results so far. I am very lucky to not have any bad bruising or swelling, and I hope the remaining recovery process will continue to go smoothly. The decision for labiaplasty has been one that I know for sure I will never regret. Thank you Dr. Castillo, for changing my life!! Thank you Lynne!!