My Smile Direct Club Experience - Nashville, TN

I started Smile Direct Club (Questionaire &...

I started Smile Direct Club (Questionaire & Photo Assessment) on 4/29/2016. Photo Assessment was approved and I purchased my first impression kit 5/05/2016. I received my first impression kit 5/11/2016 and mailed them back 5/14/2016 (I know I took forever lol). Lab received impressions 5/19/2016.

Unfortunately they were DENIED! 5/20/16 ???? I ordered another impression kit 5/23/16...Long story short and 8-10 impression kits later I got approved after 4 months of impression kits and waiting for them to be accepted they were APPROVED! Most people would've gave up lol and I'm so glad I didn't ????.

My final impression kit was approved 8/16/16 ???????? I got my treatment plan 8/23/16 and paid for my aligners 8/26/16 ??. Now for the lovely waiting game until I receive my aligners is on now ???? which is 21 business days from the day I paid. Hoping they come in sooner (2 weeks). I feel like I've waiting and been patient enough. Now I'm ready to start the treatment process. I'll try to keep updates coming.

Below are before pictures of my teeth ????????????

Received Trays 1-3

Yesterday (9/23) my aligners arrived! Yay! I was so happy when they arrived and was so scared that they wouldn't fit so I popped them in to see if they would fit as soon as I got home to them which was around 2pm.

At first when I popped them in I was like "that's it?" But give it a hour or so and you'll wish you would've waited until bedtime like they suggest you do. I won't make that mistake again. You're gonna need pain killers as well for the first 3-5 days after putting in a new tray. I'm holding my bottle of ibuprofen tight. The feeling is very irritating after a while but I can't complain too much that just goes my teeth are starting to move.

Today is day 2 of tray 1 and when I have to take them in and out to eat the soreness is REAL. Hopefully I'll have some relief by Monday *fingers crossed* but I can already feel a difference from today than yesterday in the soreness. I'm even able to close my mouth more from how it was for me yesterday. I have a bad lisp if I feel like lol. My sister didn't notice a difference but my mom did right away lol.

I'll keep you guys updated!

Tray 2 update

It is currently Day 2 of Tray 2 and so far not much discomfort as it was with the first tray. Maybe because my teeth had to get used to start moving at first so my mouth had more pressure with tray 1....if that makes sense lol.

A week after I received my first 3 sets of trays, I also got my trays 4-6. So I should receive all my sets by December if everything goes as planned. Also the annoying pressure with tray 1 lasted until Day 4 until it subsided and the tray became loose enough for me to pop it in and out with my tongue by a week.

Any questions leave below. Pictures also attached :)

Tray 3 update!

So I changed into tray 3 last night....yay! 1/3 of the way done! I took a couple ibuprofens and popped them in before bedtime. The pressure was irritating like teething until I went to sleep and woke up and felt the "pain" which didn't last long after I took them out to eat this morning.

Later on when I put them back in there was no pain at all. I guess putting them in before you go to sleep really does help A LOT! I'll probably be able to easily pop these off with my tongue by tomorrow too like tray 2. I don't know if I should be worried or if my teeth are just used to switching trays :/ ....

Leave any questions or advice...I'll keep you guys posted!!!

1/3 treatment pictures!

My teeth with/without aligners. Tray 1-3 in order top to bottom. Wish I knew how to add the text to pictures. If anybody knows any good apps to do picture collages and add text let me know! :)

Tray 4 update!

Hello again! Hope everyone is having a great weekend :) Anywho, I changed into tray 4 last night 11/4. My bottoms clicked on hard and were tight my tops didn't click, as they usually don't, but had a lot of pressure. I took 3 ibuprofens a hour before putting them in and my pain level was about no more than a 5-6.

This morning when I took them off to brush my teeth, they were sore about a 6 and i decided to give my teeth a break. I ate and put them back in a hour or so later and they are still tight but I have no pain it's about a 2. I can feel the pressure around my front teeth, last night is was more on my right molars.

Also I noted last time that I was 1/3 of the way done but I really wasn't LOL I have 12 trays to finish and changed into the 4th last night so NOW I'm officially 1/3 of the way done. Sometimes I'm a blonde ^_^

Please correct me if I'm wrong lol

Leave any advice, questions or suggestions down below!

Tray 5 update!

Hello again. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! I switched into tray 5 on 11/19 and I had a lot of pressure for about 3 days. My bite is a little off still but I'm not too worried about that until the end of treatment. I've noticed my gap is a lot smaller than what it was before I started and my front spaces won't start really closing until tray 6-12.

I'm almost halfway done with treatment and so far so good. Any questions or suggestions leave below. Keep you guys updated!
Smile Direct Club