My Smartlipo Review - Myrtle Beach, SC

Seattle Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 11 reviews
Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I had my smartlipo today around 11 this morning.I...

I had my smartlipo today around 11 this morning.I Feel times but other times I wonder where the semi-truck went that hit me lol.I was put under general because I had so many areas done and the doctor thought it would be best.I had the abs,inner and outer thighs,flanks,hips,and he even did the fold under my booty.I was really nervous when I got there because I have never been under general.That was my main concern at that moment and I had a really great nurse who assured me that everything would be fine.

I got to the pre-op room and they had me change in the gown and awesome paper undies lol.The doctor took pictures and and made his marks.I was really surprised at how big his marks were and got really excited because he was taking out more than I thought.I was also surprised about when he said he was going to o the fold under my cheeks.I joked and told him he could mark my whole butt also lol.After he got done marking me he asked if I wanted to go look in the mirror and make sure it was what I wanted. I told him that I trusted his expertise.He left and the nurse got my I.V. in place and started my drip.

The nurse and I walked to the Surgery room where I got completely nekkid and she scrubbed me down with betadine which was freaking cold lol.I layed down on the table and the anethesiologist put a syringe with some good stuff in my I.V. and it literally 12 seconds I was out and don't remember and thing until I woke up.I don't know exactly how much time it took but to me it only felt like 5 minutes.The nurse had me wait in the recovery area for 45 minutes until I felt well enough to go.I brought a pair I loose pants and a big shirt and she helped me get dressed. My throat was sore from the breathing tube so she brought me a gingerale.I felt nauseous when I sat up so she gave me a bed pan to take with me and some alcohol pads(she said to smell them when I felt nauseous and they would help and they did).They wheeled me out to my car where my hubby was waiting.My hubby apparently fell asleep in the car and they tried to call him and couldn't get a hold of him so one of the nurses had to go out there and wake him up lol.

We left and went by to get my pain meds and antibiotic.I threw up once on the way home but felt much better after wards even though it hurt.I can deal with pain fine but the minute I feel nauseous I flipping hate it.So as of right now I am laying here eating some crackers and drinking water.I did take a pain pill and an antibiotic pill and had a short nap.My oldest daughter has been great and helping me a lot(she is 11) Bringing me what ever I need.

As far as pain right now I so agree with everyone else when they say it is not something that you can run in,get it done,and go about your day like nothing happened.I don't want to discourage or scare anyone who is getting it done but I have a high tolerance for pain and on a scale of 1-10 it is around an 8 or 9 for me.I am feeling a bit better than I was earlier so that is a plus.I will try and update everyday and as soon as I can take the garment off I ill post pics.I didn't get any before pics but I am going to see if the doctor will email the ones he took.

Well today I am 5 days out.I am feel much better...

Well today I am 5 days out.I am feel much better than the 2nd day of course.I can tell some of the swelling is starting to go down.I can see a difference in my body at times and some times I think that it didn't work at all.I just keep reminding myself that I am still swollen and it will be at least 3 months before I get anywhere close to what my final results will be.I have to be patient no matter how hard it is.I only have pain when I stand for long periods of time or sit for long periods.The compression garment will go for a little loose to tight at times.I still have problems with sitting n the toilet because it presses where I had lipo on my thighs.Other than that I feel fine.I kind of wish that I would have gotten this done during the winter because the garment is super hot lol.It also goes past my knees so I look really weird in shorts.I am going to ask the doctor at my Post op appointment if I can get a shorter one.The bruising is starting to go away and my wounds are almost completely healed.Well that is my update for now I will update after my Post op Appt.

He is so funny and was so great to me.He made sure I was fully informed of everything that would go on in the room and after.He made me feel so comfortable throughout the whole process and I would recommend him to anyone.He also made sure several times that where he marked is what I wanted and not just what he was going to do for the money.I just go this done so I can't tell you just yet about results.I will update though.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful