After Multiple Children and Massive Weight Loss, Makeover Was Reconstructive - Mexico, MX

Mexico Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 39 reviews
Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I had a lot of excess skin after massive weight...

I had a lot of excess skin after massive weight loss of 100 lbs. I had lots of sagging and loss of elasticity due to aging skin and all the ups and downs of stretching it out through pregnancies and yo-yo weights.

I had a breast lift, full anchor cut. I also had a tummy tuck, hip to hip scar placement. I was prepared to do lipo, but my surgeon did not feel it would enhance my results, as I really had mostly skin, little fat, so we decided against it.

Immediately after surgery, I was elated with the removal of skin and felt so shapely. But multiple complications such as seromas and opened wounds really put a damper on things.

I am somewhat happy with the results but I am considering revisions. The reasons I am unhappy are that my breasts are uneven. The right breast should have been reduced in size to match my left breast. I also really would have liked my breasts perkier, so I am considering reduction or implants.

I also feel that I have a dog ear on the right side and possibly a permanent seroma pocket on the left, so I am going to be evaluated if further surgery will improve my TT results.

I also scarred very badly, which has never happened before to me in other surgeries. Not sure what went wrong, but my scars are very wide on the TT incisions. The vertical scars on my breasts are also wider than I hoped. And the shape of my right areola really spread strangely.

More pics of ps journey

Feeling better about surgery outcome

I am almost 8 months post op and a lot of the pain and discomfort has improved. I still have pain and sensitivity at the hip scars, but overall I think the surgery was worth it now. I really feel confident naked now and have a nice shape. I wish the scars would hurry up and fade already but with time they will improve. I also wish I could lose this ten pounds I gained somehow during recovery.

Did need Revisions from these surgeries

Wish I had updated with pics more often...I will have to see if I have any before revising with a different surgeon.

I had persistent seroma pocket that I had a local surgeon fix, along with a poorly healed jagged line scar. The new surgeon revised it to a thinner line and straighter line, he also did liposuction along the hips and flanks and an umbilical hernia repair.

Additionally, just a couple of months ago, I still hated the hip to hip scar, because although thinner and straighter, it was still dark and large, so I wound up getting a tattoo cover up that I am very happy with so far.

Finally, I had the breast lift revised by the new surgeon to fix the asymmetry left by Dr.Sauceda and the additional sag of both breasts that was caused by my own gaining and losing weight in the 4 or so years since the first surgery.
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

My surgeon was very kind and knowledgeable. His nurse Patty was awesome, caring and attentive. I had an overall great experience in MX, except for my personal homesickness and loneliness. The clinic was clean and modern and my treatment was top notch. Complications once I went home made it difficult to be so far from my surgeon, so I had to seek out a local surgeon for follow up care. Overall, I feel my results could have been better, but I'm not sure if it is just the way I healed. Update: I have reduced the rating, because I feel my personal like for Dr. Sauceda initially led me to give him a higher rating than deserved, considering that he left my right breast very noticeably larger than the left breast. He even told me this immediately as I woke up, to his credit, he did offer to fix it with a revision, as I told him that I was very unhappy about it. The asymmetry caused me over 3 years of hating my breasts and led me to more expense to fix it with a different surgeon. I think that although talented in his skills and although it was still a great improvement from my previous form, it is unacceptable that he didn't notice that it was that uneven while I was being operated on. His rates are very reasonable, he is super nice, but if I had to do it over, I would never go to Mexico or use this surgeon and I think my rating should reflect that opinion.