7 Years Research and I Think I Hit the Jackpot - India, IN

Hi fellow travellers, Thank you for reading my...

Hi fellow travellers,
Thank you for reading my review. I am writing this review to help women like me who don't have a lot of money but want to look better in the later years of their lives.
I initially thought I would go to Thailand for my facelift as that is what many Kiwis and Aussies do. However over a long period of time and almost daily research I decided on India.
Now I can just hear all you ladies out their screaming in horror as that was my initial reaction to India. I am not a travelled person or even a daring person so how the heck did I end up in Mumbai, India.
Well the only reason is Dr Sameer Karkhanis. He is the only reason I would have made that terrifying decision. So far nothing has been terrifying.
I guess for me I was more scared of the travelling, flying, being alone, different food etc. I wasn't so scared about the surgery because by the time I made my decision to go with Dr Sameer I knew in my heart I would be safe and happy with any procedure he preformed on me.
In the last 5 years I have had a double mastectomy with reconstructive surgery. My breasts were finished but I was told I would wait forever to get nipple reconstruction. So I decided to do everything in Mumbai.

Let me tell you what I have had done for $8,999 US.
* complete face lift
*upper and lower blepharoplasty
*fat transfer
*nipple and aerola construction.
And so far on day 6 I'm over the moon with how great I look.
Hardly any bruising so far and the swelling doesn't feel bad either.

Now that I've started I'll post more each day.

Before photos taken by Dr Sameer

Good lord I hadn't realised how old and tired I looked. No make up. Harsh light. The camera doesn't lie. Sorry people my review is a little back to front but you will get the mist of it. Basically I looked old and worn out and now I like ok young and fresh and hopefully when all the swelling goes down I will look gorgeous. This is like a dream but it's amazing how quickly the brain gets used to a new looking face.

I'm in love with MY NOSE. My new nose.

Day 9

I must be doing something wrong as this is the third time I have written and posted photos but my review is not updating. Anyway third time lucky.
I washed my hair again today and put on some makeup as Dr Sameer took the last of my stitches out. He is going to recreate my nipples on Monday. So excited as I haven't had nipples for over 4 years. I might also get a bit more fat put into my lips. I'm not sure yet. I will get a little Botox in my forehead before I go to get rid of all my frown lines.
I am really enjoying my stay here. It is so relaxing and peaceful. Also I am being totally spoilt. I feel like royalty. Ok here goes. I hope it works this time

Face embrace

Dr Sameer has got me to wear this for a few day to help reduce swelling round cheeks and ears. It's worked a treat. It's quite fetching really. Came off for good today. Think I might miss it.

I'm gorgeous

God it was only 2 weeks ago I had to take about 50 photos to get perhaps 1 reasonable one (49 horrible ones).

Now I can take 50 photos and perhaps get one not ok one and 49 fabulous ones.

Dr Sameer you are up there with James Bond, Michael Angelo and McGiveer.

Before and after comparison photos

Doctor Sameer took photos just before I went into surgery and then more photos in the same position around 2 weeks post op.
The difference is remarkable. I am very very happy.

Here are the photos

Hi I've just realised the before and after pics did not upload. Here they are.

Shopping and sightseeing

I've been out and about since last Friday. India is mind blowing. The people are beautiful, kind and friendly. The traffic is crazy but no one gets hurt and no one gets angry. Riding in a mechanical rickshaw is a must if you come hear. Exhilarating and a great way to experience India albeit a little hard on the butt at time. An incredibly cheap way to travel and all rickshaws have a metre so you can see exactly how much to pay.
Shopping here in Mumbai is truely glorious. I shop at the markets where there are bargains galore. Markets are a shopperholic's dream.

Photo Update

Hi ladies Sorry it's been so long. Life is back to normal and my fabulous time in Mumbai is fading from my memory. I had such a wonderful adventure there. As I posted earlier I would do it all again tomorrow without any hesitation. I've become use me to my face and think some of the fat transfer has been reobsorbed but i still love the way i look. It has totally transformed the way I feel about myself in terms of confidence. I would like to get some resurfacing done at some stage and i would like to go back to Mumbai to have this done. Any of you readers who are considering either face or body work I can truely recommend Dr Sameer. I asked him one day after my operation why I had no bruising when so many of the women I saw on Realself had terrible swelling and brusing. He simply said "tissue respect". And I sincerely respect his craftsmanship and eye for beauty. He is an artist.

Latest pictures

India Plastic Surgeon

Dr Sameer is a delightful person to spend time with. He has a very gentle manner and is respectful and upfront in the information he gave me. I felt I could trust his judgement completely. He also has a cool sense of humour so the whole process is made less daunting. He is still visiting me twice a day in his clinic. I have opted to stay here for 3 weeks so I am fully cared for and recovered before I go home.