25 Year Old, Weak Chin - Morristown, NJ

I initially went to Dr. Rafizadeh because I was...

I initially went to Dr. Rafizadeh because I was concerned that the fat on either side of my mouth, that mimicked jowls and created the illusion of marionette lines, was either sagging cheeks or excess buccal fat. He explained that I am too young for my skin to sag and it does not appear to be excess or herniated buccal fat. He went on to explain how my chin is a little weak and my cheeks have always been full and as I've gained weight the past few years, this disparity between the two has become more apparent. He explained that weight loss would help substantially, but the nature of my bone structure meant i would always have this problem to some degree and if continued to bother me I could either augment my chin with fillers or an implant. He then proceeded to explain the benefits of both.

I never felt rushed and he was very kind...even when I burst into tears (I had never discussed this issue with anyone before aside from my boyfriend who I had brought with me). The consult itself was free because I mentioned this website and I double checked with the receptionist about this on the phone and in person and she was never anything but very kind. While my boyfriend and I waited in the waiting room, I was extremely anxious and she was very friendly and clearly tried to make us feel comfortable.

Did I mention we drove from Syracuse, NY to see him? His reviews about being kind, knowledgeable as well as encouraging the least invasive procedures for maximum results was exactly what I was looking for in a consult. I didn't want anyone talking me into a facelift at 25. I have a lot of options to consider now, but will begin with weight loss and if the issue remains, I already know which doctor I will be seeing.

Many thanks for taking your time with me,

And next time I won't cry ;-)
Morristown Plastic Surgeon