Fantastic Experience in New Jersey. Morristown, NJ

I've wanted to do this procedure for over 25...

I've wanted to do this procedure for over 25 years, but did not know who could or would expertly perform such an uncommon procedure. I'm 51years old (had rhinoplasty, botox, fillers) and always knew that my excessively long and flat upper lip is the downfall of my face. After coming back to this website numerous times over the years, I finally found a great doctor... Dr. Farhad Rafizadeh. I am posting this review (my first review of anything or anyone ever!) to give thanks to the forum here and perhaps offer another perspective on this procedure.

I actually had my lip lift performed 7 hours ago....and what a breeze it's been since (contrary to my initial impressions). First of all, I drove myself (noone else in the car) from eastern Long Island to New Jersey for the procedure (roughly 2.5 hour drive) . The doctor's office is clean, efficient, and professional. Dr. Rafizadeh spent an hour consulting with me, and patiently listened to my ideas (he didn't even dismiss my Penelope Cruz and Nicolette Sheridan montage...such a dear man). We proceeded to do the lip lift thereafter, wherein he carefully measured, marked , cut , stitched, and cleaned me up so that I could leave like a lady. My case is a bit different than most, since my upper teeth are positioned way high up right under my nose. Beautiful teeth, but noone could ever see them. I requested that he perform a drastic lip reduction, and he did it!! Let me mention that most doctors would insist on a more subtle reduction, but Dr. Rafizadeh knew exactly what to do and executed it perfectly. The numbing injections were excruciating...I sneezed repeatedly and tears poured out of my eyes, but he kept a steady hand. The most astounding part of this whole process... I simply drove myself home, so that I could read the mail, answer phone calls and email, feed my cats, fold my laundry, and sleep in my own bed. The fact that there was no nauseating general anesthesia, which would add thousands of dollars to the tab, no hospital stay, no asking for favors for a ride home... in fact nobody knows that I did this (should be interesting to see peoples' reactions). I have taken 5 Tylenol tablets so far (no big deal... no prescriptions necessary).

My stitches will be removed in 6 days, but I love it already. I have minimal swelling so far.... don't know if that will change overnight or not. I can only give my soundest endorsement for Dr. Rafizadeh... he is highly skilled in this procedure and he really went the extra mile in my case for an outstanding result.
Morristown Plastic Surgeon