Lip Lift Scheduled for October 24

I have been reading several reviews here in the...

I have been reading several reviews here in the past few months and this has inspired me to schedule a lip lift with Dr. Samaha in Montreal. Another reviewer had this same procedure performed by Dr. Samaha and her results are beautiful.

I am 47 years old and have always felt that my philtrum is too long, my upper lip is thin, and upper teeth do not show in resting position. This seems to be getting worst as I age. The current length in the center Philtrum is 18mm to 19mm. Dr. Samaha suggested we remove 7mm which sounds logical to me. I do not want anything too dramatic. He will also correct my Columella which is 'hanging' from a prior Rhinoplasty.

I have done alot of research and I do feel that the results will outweigh the effects of the scarring, however I cannot help to feel very anxious ;). I will keep you all posted on the results of my procedure.

5 Days Pre Op

I wanted to post a few before photos as the others are very dark. I have been super anxious this week....yikes! I wondered if any of you went thru the pre-anxiety as well? It is very nerve wracking to make a commitment that could change your face forever, but I am hoping it is for the better :o)

1 day post

Procedure went very well yesterday. I will tell you more about that later as I need to lay down with the ice pack for a bit....

I guess we ended up removing 6mm.

I also had work done at the very bottom of my nose. So my nose looks extremely swollen also.

I think it will look good once the swelling subsides, but I admit I did not expect this 'duck' looking lip, even with swelling.

Day 4 - all is well but lots of swelling

I hear that Day 2 to Day 5 can be the worst of the swelling. Which is proving true for me so far. But I also had a procedure at the bottom of my nose (Columella) at the same time, which would increase the swelling effects as well. My eyes, jaw, nose, you name it! its swelling!

All things considered, the incision seems to be healing well - it is covered in greasy Polysporin at the moment.

I went for a short walk last night, waited for the darkness. I do not feel comfortable going out in public at the moment. I could, but I prefer to hide for a few more days ;)

In spite of the swelling, I am feeling hopeful about my results.

Thanks all for the great support!

Day 6 - light at the end of the tunnel?

Still swollen, particularly nose and jowls, but lip is slowly deflating and I am starting to feel like myself again.....I am getting a glimpse of the end result and I think it will look really pretty!

The sutures look great, but I put a little bandage on today to go run errands. Stitches will come out next Wednesday.

Its important to note that I do have more swelling in the nose because the columella procedure I had at the same time.

Feeling hopeful today! :)

Day 7 - tooth show!

Forgive my nostrils, they are quite disturbed this morning with the swelling moving around ;).....but I just had to share the tooth show. I still feel awkward but I think this will be so worth it!

...

Day 11 (yesterday) with make up

I'll post a photo of the scar with no make up later. It is a bit red but that is expected so early in the healing process. Dr. Samaha uses a single stitch that goes under the skin, so there is no pulling/scarring from individual stitches. I think that is a good thing.

I am very happy with the results, but one thing I did not expect is having difficulty adjusting to my new look....which is entirely psychological. Soon, it will become the new normal ;).

2 Weeks Post Op

3 Weeks - Before and After

Hi all,

I am posting full face photos today but will most likely remove in a few days. I just wanted to give you all a better idea of the results.

The healing journey continues. The scar is well hidden but still feels stiff, especially when I smile... and nose is still swollen. But I see small improvements every day. Probably the hardest thing for me is adjusting to the new look. When I look in the mirror, I don't recognize myself and I feel like I look strange! like a little animal or something?...I can't really explain it ;o). My surgeon says that is totally normal and my brain will adjust.

I have way more tooth show than I did before which I love. Obviously the philtrum distance is reduced quite a bit (18mm to 10mm) and I assume once I adjust to my new look, I will love it. In the meantime I let my body do the healing and try to take great care of the scar :o). Thanks all for sharing this journey and for all the encouraging words.
Montreal Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Samaha and his staff are very kind and professional and extremely skilled. They treated me like family on the day of the surgery. I would not hesitate to refer my greatest friends to Dr. Samaha, and I will return as the needs arise.