32 Y/O, 2 Kids, Waiting for Breast Reduction. Montreal, QC

Hi all, After obsessing about everyone's BR...

Hi all,
After obsessing about everyone's BR reviews now its my turn :))) I have just started my journey. I went yesterday to my GP for getting referral for a plastic surgeon. He gave me referrals for 3 doctors. Now I have to call them and make appointments. yaayy. I need some suggestions from u guys..what questions should I ask the PS? Based on what & How do I choose one of them to do the surgery?

Got an Appointment :)

Gosh! 3 of the PS that my GP referred me, 2 of them were his choices and one is mine. It turns out that those 2 PS only perform private surgeries, meaning I have to pay out of my pocket ..what? (The BR surgery is covered under provincial health insurance in Canada). So I am left with only option. Thank goodness I came up with a name and did some research before going to the GP. I should have listed them and write down in a paper so that he can gave me referrals of my choice only. Only if I knew....I though it would be same like they refer me to the dermatologist or gynecologist by writing a general note on their prescription pad. Who knew that he will write their name, address & telephone number in the referral!! sucks
So I called the one & only doctor's office & got the appointment on January 4th first, in the morning, then I chickened out (getting it so fast, I think) and changed it to following week on January 13th @1:30 pm.

My youngest daughter is only 3 months old and we have only one car, so either my husband has to babysit while I go or he has to go office by public transport which is not feasible :( lets see, if he can take a half day off...

Currently I am breastfeeding....I told that to the doctor's office and they said its OK. You only need to stop breastfeeding before certain period when you know your surgery date. You can get the process initiated because its very long (3 months to a year). But other doctors' offices told me I cannot even take an appointment if I am breastfeeding because it would be smaller than now if I wouldn't have. Duh!...My normal size is 30G, now I am 30H....it would not go to A,B,C or D only by stopping breastfeeding!

Appointment_yesterday

Hi all,
So yesterday, it was my first consultation with the doctor. I went to Dr. Lee, he is a very very nice person. Unfortunately he is moving out of the RAMQ insurance, and he will be doing his last surgery in 2 weeks. I am still breastfeeding, so I don't have a chance :( I called 2 times in his office to speak with his secretaries and they both told me that even if I am breastfeeding, its OK to have a consultation with the doctor, so that he can put me in the waiting list. Listen up ladies, if you are planning to do like mine, do not do that. The doctor didn't even examine me, coz your breast volume changes so much before and after breastfeeding. I knew this but I still believed his secretaries....Gosh! But anyways, I want to take it as part of my learning process from a professional and gaining experiences regarding breast-reduction.

So now, I have decided, I would not make any appointments (now that I know it does not make any sense while breastfeeding) and wait for 2 months after I stop breastfeeding. I feel calmer today. Yesterday I was so sad and miserable. I cried a little bit ( I am a weeper). But I am settled down now...I will wait, finish the breastfeeding, then proceed. I might go for a surgery without insurance. I am so done with this waiting period. I might give it a try one more time after I am done with breastfeeding but only once. Then I am going for private.

I resisted myself from shopping for any clothes for so long...I was thinking I can buy them after my surgery....oh no I feel sad again ....No NO NO I am not sad, I cannot be sad. It will happen, one day!

Just looking at my boobs

Hi everyone, it has been long time I did not post. So, I have started doing my research again and booked 3 consultations. All are $120 (non-refundable)… ouch! Just to get the best surgeon possible.

So, I have appointment on:
August 3: Dr. Zelt
August 8: Dr beaudoin
August 11: Dr Gilardino

I am getting very impatient each time I m looking at my boobs or any clothing I'm wearing. I hate those I hate those I hate those. Sometimes I think, I should go for private, my husband is also encouraging me to go for private, he is saying we will take financing, if needed, go for it. I donno what is stopping me, lets see after the appointments. If I am not convinced about the waiting time, I might go for private.

I started exercising, i was tracking my progress, by taking photos of course, i am attaching here, see it is just hillarous, the hanging boob… like the cucumber in plant lol

First consultation

Ok so I had my first 'real' consultation on august 3rd with Dr Zelt. He performs BR with RAMQ (Quebec's healthcare). He examined me first then took pictures from 3 angles (front, side & 45 degree). Later in the other room he explained the BR procedure (he will use an anchor incision), recovery timeline, post-op visits and risks of the surgery.

He asked me if I smoke or drink alcohol, any allergies to any medication or latex, number of kids, breastfeeding history, any lumps in the breast etc. and then told me if I had any questions. My only question was how long is the waiting time (as I know from everyone's experience it is pretty long, specially in QC with RAMQ). He replied, you can ask my assistant Natalie regarding that. OK.

Then I met Natalie, and she explained whether I wanted to do a liposuction in the axillary area (because I showed my concern to the doctor during the evaluation and he told me it can be addressed during BR with liposuction)? It is $2800 on top of BR surgery. And she also asked me when do I need to do the surgery. Imagine my surprise, I asked her again, there is no waiting time? I can schedule my surgery? (Are u kidding me??!!) this was the only reason I was considering doing BR in private …yaayyy

I told her October 2nd week is the only time my husband can manage 1~2 week vacation. She noted that and said she is yet to schedule surgeries in October, and she will call me back soon.

surgery scheduled

Ok, so Natalie (doctor's secretary) called me and my surgery is scheduled for October 13th. Great! It matches with my husband's vacation as well :) But there is one small (!?) problem here. My husband got a job offer in the states yesterday (he was applying there for quite a long time, but no luck), joining as soon as possible when the paperwork finishes. Now I am in deep shit, I chose the surgery date based on his availability and now he is going, I could have done the surgery next month. Now how I will handle the kids alone after my surgery???? I do not have any family member here.F*** my life! I really wish he declines the offer and stays here, but we need money to raise two kids and for their future...f*** man! pray pray pray

vaccation

Came back from a wonderful vaccation at cuba...awesomeee!
for 7 days, I left all the worries here, it was so good. Now back to reality, need to arrange a babysitter for post operative time. Never had a nanny, they go to daycare....but it gonna be impossible to lift my daughter (she is almost 11kg) to the garage and put them in the car seat, lets see if I can find someone.Who knew life will be like this.

File created

The nurse from Fleury hospital (where the surgery will be) called to create my file. MY pre-op will be done in sacre-coeur hospital. So things are moving.....I should be happy for that, but I am not happy, my husband will be leaving this weekend, this is first time I will be with the kids alone for so long....I am really trying to think this is nature's mechanism to balance my happiness after the reduction...so I don't be super duper happy LOL...

pre-op done

Had my pre-op at the sacre-coeur hospital. It's basically a blood test and giving you some instruction what you can and cannot do. I feel really scared now. You cannot lift your arms for four weeks, you cannot lift anything for 4 weeks, you cannot do basically any normal things for 4 weeks. Well, my husband will be with me on 13, 14, 15 and 16 morning....then what? I have to do everything by my own! Some reviews are saying you cannot even drive for 2 weeks. Holy crap! My daughter cannot walk yet...who is supposed to hold her??? Ok I won't think about these so much. There is no solution. Is there anyone who has young kids and NO HELP??!!! Please share your experience.