Vaser Lipo of Inner and Outer Thighs, Hips and Lower Back + Fat Graft - Montclair, NJ

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Since I hit puberty my body slowly morphed into a...

Since I hit puberty my body slowly morphed into a rather weird, disproportionate shape; very round hips and extreme (well at least to me) saddlebags with a lack of any fat between the two (hence the fat graft),essentially giving me what I call a double hourglass look. Since I was 18 I have been dreaming about getting lipo to fix the disproportion.

I am 32, 5'11, weigh about 160 lbs, no kids. I work out about 5 times a week and eat a healthy diet. I have been the same height and around the same weight since I was in the 6th grade.

I was really happy to stumble upon this site! I feel better about my decision now that I have read so many reviews though I am not going to lie I am still very nervous. I have never experienced general anesthesia and I am worried about the recovery and pain. I am trying not to dwell on it so I don't freak myself out.

The day after Christmas I go for my medical clearance then on to my surgery on January 7th...which is only 3 1/2 weeks away. I will post pre-op photos closer to the surgery.

Any tips are welcomed!

Medical Clearance

Today I had my appointment for my medical clearance and I passed. I received my details on surgery time and hospital info...this is all feeling so real now and the nerves are starting to go. I am trying not to dwell on it so I don't freak myself out. I am doing my best to stay positive and focus on my excitement.

It's been crazy busy with the holidays but I promise I will get around to getting a before picture up prior to the day of the procedure.

Before Photos

I finally got around to taking some before photos. Looking at them helps to reinforce my decision to go for my procedure. I am getting very nervous with only one more day to go. Though I am excited for the change in my body so I am trying to focus on the positives.

Today is the day!

Leaving for the hospital in an hour. I am excited and soooo nervous! My tummy isn't happy about no food or drink and it's making me feel a bit woozy...not fun.

On a positive note I said goodbye to the body looking back at me in the mirror :) Well I better finish getting ready. I will update as soon as I am able.

Surgery Post Op

I made it through and have been home for a few hours now. I was super nervous once I arrived at the hospital and it got worse with each step closer to the OR. All the nurses & anesthesiologist were really nice and helped to calm me down. Once my surgeon and his assistant doctor met with me I felt a lot calmer.

I fell asleep without even knowing it. Next thing I knew I was waking up in the recovery room next to a friendly nurse. My pain wasn't bad...I actually expected to feel more pain than I did. I was very cold so the nurse brought me warm blankets and even warped them around my head like a hood. I was in recovery for about 2 hours until I was more alert and my pain was under control. Then I was moved to the final recovery area where I had something to drink and eat. I had a mother dose of meds for pain and a bit of nausea and then got dressed which was no easy feat but my hubby did his best.

Now I'm home and I'm feeling a bit of pain and experiencing swelling in my legs below my garment. I'm very groggy and feeling high from the Percocet. But overall everything is manageable

Haven't drained at all like what I have read about. I am not even sure where my drain is as I have all these foam pads under my garment.

What I am not enjoying is all the trips to the bathroom to pee. Sitting on the toilet seat is the most painful thing ever. I hope the trips slow down soon!

I am going to see my surgeon on the 9th. I hope that means the foam pads go bye bye...I look like I am ready to play American Football with all of this padding!

We'll the call of nature is strong I better answer it and then get some sleep! I will update my progress tomorrow and maybe even show off my football attire.

Post Op Day 1 - Morning

The pain is worse today...I can deal with it but it's rough moving around. Trips to the bathroom are the worst! It hurts to just go through the motion of sitting but then the actual sitting part is excruciating then getting back up is a whole other ordeal. Hopefully this will get better soon!

I did not sleep well at all last night. I would sleep for 2 hours then be up for 2 hours and so on. Still no visible drainage except for a couple small spots on my garment. I am taking it easy today. Luckily my tummy is tolerating the Percocet & the antibiotic. I was able to make a shakeology shake a little while ago which is nutrition packed and hopefully will keep my tummy in check and keep things moving along if you know what I mean.

Post Op Day 2

I am swelling up like a giant marshmallow today. Pain is so-so. I had a follow up at my surgeon's office and he said all is looking good. Foam pads and drains are staying put until Monday...ugh...not what I wanted to hear. Plus he said tomorrow will be the worse day for swelling. Can't wait. I'm already super uncomfortable and at times I get a serious itch that I can't scratch because of the foam. Sleeping at night is a challenge. I was able to sleep on my tummy for about 3 hours in bed then had to get up because of my back and neck. So I moved to the couch and rotated time on my tummy and time sitting.

I've been feel nauseous all of today so my appetite is almost zero. I am going to switch to Extra Strength Tylenol tomorrow and see if that helps me at all.

I'm anxious to see what is behind this garment and all the foam but I have to be patient and wait till Monday. Seems like so far away!

Post Op Day 3 Swellfest! My legs are the size of elephant legs. I am trying not to look at them much as it is quite discouraging to see such a large body looking back at me. I knew to expect this but knowing and actually seeing it are two different things!

I can move around better today and I am using Extra Strength Tylenol now instead of the Percocet. I am hoping that after today the swelling will start to get under control. I am not allowed to remove the garment for a couple more days but I have sneaked a peek here and there and I have crazy bruises from what I can see. I'm kinda scared to see it on Monday but I really want to see what I look like. My contours feel different but it's so hard to tell.

I dread the evenings because I can't sleep in my bed so I am stuck on the couch and can only sleep for a couple hours at a time. I can't wait to be able to have a full nights sleep.

I am doing my best to stay positive, rest as much as I can, and stay hydrated. Hopefully on Monday when the foam goes along with the drain I will feel way better.

Feeling better today

The major swelling I had been experiencing has finally gone down significantly. Yesterday I was so frustrated by the swelling that I put on a pair of tight yoga leggings and started drinking a lot of water. I also tried to move around a bit every hour. So I am not sure if what I did helped or if it was just the course my swelling was taking but it certainly helped me mentally.

I was finally able to take my garment off and remove the foam so I could finally take my first shower. My doctor recommended I unzip the garment while lying down and relax for 5 to 10 min before getting up. Because of the pain in my lower back I couldn't lay down so I just sat on my couch and slowly released the pressure on the garment hook by hook and then sat for about 5 minutes before getting up. Definitely the way to go!

I was kind of apprehensive about seeing my body for the first time so I just took a glance in the bathroom mirror and what I saw brought tears of joy to my eyes! The shower was a bit tough...I was feeling lightheaded and I couldn't move fast. I did the best I could and got the heck out before I passed out. All I could think of was getting my garment back on. I feel so much better in that evil contraption...go figure!

I am going for my next follow up with my doctor this afternoon. I am looking forward to getting on with my aftercare.

When I am feeling up to standing a bit I will take an updated photo.

Every Day is a Little Better

Every night I sleep longer without waking, the morning routine is getting slowly easier, and I am lasting longer at work. My back swells up a lot over the course of the day and that along with my inner thighs make me the most uncomfortable and cause a bit of pain. I am starting to feel the lumps and hardness I have read about. I have an ultrasound massage in a few days and I have been lightly massaging myself when putting on the arnica gel which by the way works wonders on the bruising!

I am still pretty swollen but what I see in the mirror makes me so happy. I can't wait to see how my body progresses over the next few weeks and I can't wait to get the ok to work out again.

I am also on the hunt for another garment. I am pretty tall at 5'11" and my current garment pinches my inner thighs where it ends. This garment is supposed to be just above the knee...Ha! It's barely passes for mid thigh. I think I am going to get a garment that goes to my knee from Elsa's Curves.

New Garment and 1 Therapy Session Down

I had my first ultrasound massage therapy session a couple days ago. Supposedly, the ultrasound waves help to break up the hard fat pockets you feel under your skin after vaser. It wasn't bad though a little sore in my back and inner thighs which are still pretty sore. I felt great afterwards and did a good long self massage that night. I won't lie I was a little extra sore in the morning. I am massaging in the shower a little in the hot water and after when I rub in arnica gel and trying to do a longer massage at night.

It seems that the fat graft on my right side at the base of my hip didn't take like my left side and I am really bummed about it. I can see the shadow of my former shape so to speak. I am trying not to dwell on it but it's hard when I think about everything I have gone through and the money it's costing me. I have another follow up with my surgeon in less than 2 weeks and I plan to discuss it. But outside of that disappointment my body is looking good.

I received my new garment in the mail today. I got a knee length garment from Elsa's Curves in a bubblegum pink color. It took me quite an effort to get into it but it was well worth it. It has som serious compression which I was not getting from my other garment. The material is really nice and I don't feel like I am wearing a hideous girdle. This new one really nips me in and gives my back way better support. Within minutes of getting it on the swelling in my lower back went down a little and the soreness wasn't so bad. Definitely a good buy and would recommend this rad garment.

Next therapy session is in 3 days. I have one more in my package after that. I am not sure if I will do more at $125 a pop but will see how It goes after treatment 3.
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful