COOLSCULPTING WORKS!!!! Mississauga ON, 45 Year Old, No Kids Treating Upper Hips and Flanks - Mississauga, ON

For the past 5 years or so, I have been on a quest...

For the past 5 years or so, I have been on a quest to find an alternative to Liposuction in order to even out my genetic curse, AKA hip/flank fat pockets! I have tried Ultra Cavitation (ultrasound + RF), the Alma Accent RF, Venus Freeze and numerous creams and potions in an effort to flatten out this area and NOTHING worked. I have a separate review on the Venus Freeze if you would like more detail on my experience, a big fat NEGATIVE. Surgery is just not an option. I have read about and I've seen so many botched Lipo jobs with uneven results, lumps and tracks, pain, and really, who wants to be a near invalid for weeks while healing, NOT ME! lol I have made it my mission to find a non surgical fat REMOVAL technology and finally my research has paid off!

So, I am a 45 year old female, my weight generally fluctuates between 140 and 160 pounds and I'm 5'8" tall. Generally, I fit into a size 8 to 10 pant (28-30 inch waist) and I was 155lbs when I had the Coolsculpting treatments done. I do work out between 2-4 times per week with lots of weight training and a bit of cardio. Occasionally I fall off the wagon and get into the bad food but I blame that on genetics and hormones too! lol Ideally, I'd like to have a semi-muscular but feminine physique and have been training for years to achieve that goal. Unfortunately, even at my lowest weight (137lbs) in the last 10 years, the genetic fat pockets and cellulite will not go away.

Back in mid- February, I booked a vacation to Punta Cana with 2 of my friends for April 3rd and both are dedicated fitness junkies! The pressure was on and even though I knew I could drop a few pounds for the trip, I knew those fat pockets weren't going anywhere! :((( I began searching the internet and Realself and although I had contemplated Vanquish and Sculpsure, for some reason I believed Coolsculpting was going to give me much better results because my fat pockets are loose and jiggly so the suction of the Coolsculpting applicator would have lots of tissue to grab! lol The ideal candidate for Coolsculpting must have about 2-3 inches of fat to suck up into the applicator or it won't work well. That tissue is what gets frozen inside the suction applicator so the more is in there, the better the result.

On February 25th, I went to an open house at a clinic called LaserBody M.D. which was being held at their Brampton location. When I called to inquire about Coolsculpting, they invited me to the open house and mentioned that there would be amazing discounts on their services if I went. I arrived at the open house and had a consultation with an absolutely amazing lady named Lisa. We chatted about my problem areas and she was literally the sweetest person. I felt very comfortable talking to her and didn't feel like she was pushing me or making false promises....just a genuine person who described the procedure and the results I could expect. Lisa then called in the nurse technician Alyssa who checked me out and showed me her own results after one treatment with the Coolsculpting on one side of her stomach area, back in December of 2015. She let me grab both sides of her stomach and let me tell you, there was a NOTICEABLE difference in how much I could grab....I would say about 2-3 inches and although it doesn't sound like a lot, 2-3 inches of fat feels like a big difference. This time, I was not going to make the same mistake as I did in the past. I wanted to see first hand someone who had it done and knowing an employee of this clinic did it herself and it worked, I was jumping in head first! lol The reduction after one treatment could be between 20-30% so I was really excited to get started! I wanted 2 areas treated which would total 4 applications, 2 on each side. Normally, the cost of each applicator is $750 and to treat the upper hips (2 applicators, one on each side) and the flanks (2 applicators, one on each side), I would be looking at a cost of $3000 plus 13% tax, totalling $3390. Luckily the open house promotion dropped the price to approximately $490 per applicator and after taxes, the cost would be $2200, just over $1000 off the regular price. I decided to do it and was booked in for the following day to do my upper hips first.

I arrived at my appointment of Feb. 26 and after some measuring, photos and markings, I was hooked up with the CoolCurve applicator and watched a movie on my cell phone while both sides of my upper hips were treated. Two hours later I was done, time flew by! Honestly, I didn't find it painful or uncomfortable at all but was told, depending on what areas are treated, it can be more or less uncomfortable. For the first 5 minutes of the treatment, I felt the suction pulling up my fat pockets and the freezing followed. I was literally numb after 5 minutes and couldn't feel anything. When the applicators were removed, my fat looked like a red stick of frozen butter. I found the massage that followed totally fine as well, it was not painful at all because I was numb. I got dressed and went home where I took some photos myself. On March 1st, I went to the Mississauga location as they had an opening, where the nurse Houra performed the treatment on my flanks and I had the exact same experience with her as well.

To sum it all up, I had bruising for about 5-7 days after the treatments due to the suction of the applicators, the areas were numb but gradually faded over a 4 week period and there was absolutely no pain at all during the healing process. At about day 5 after the treatments, I did experience a bit of itchiness in the area but was a piece of cake to deal with. The feeling was coming back in the area, just like when your foot falls asleep but not as intense as far as the prickliness is concerned. I started to notice a reduction at about the 4 week mark...nothing major but I could see it was working, YAAAY! At the 5 week mark, I went on my 10 day vacation and gained 5 lbs thanks to the amazing food at the Occidental Grand Hotel in Punta Cana, which I highly recommend! lol When I came back from vacation and at the 7 week mark, I took more photos and I was absolutely floored at what I saw! So I have these black cotton shorts I bought at H&M 5 years ago when I was around 137lbs....I believe they are a size 7 and there is zero stretch. I use these shorts to gauge how much weight I have gained or lost. The scale doesn't say much about my body composition, but these shorts tell me exactly where I'm at! lol My plan was to take them on vacation with me but for some bizarre reason, my weight would not budge from 155 lbs. The shorts stayed home but I took photos in the shorts in February when I started training harder and eating cleaner. When I got back from my vacation, and at the 7 week mark, I took more photos and you can already see a huge reduction in the muffins and I'm 5lbs heavier in the 7 weeks post photo, WOW, I'm impressed! I can just imagine how much flatter my sides will look when I get back down to 150lbs, which is easy for me to maintain once I get there!

The full result is supposed to happen at the 3 month mark so June 1st I'm going back to the clinic for measurements. I will decide at that point if I will do another round but honestly, I don't think I will as so far, I'm beyond happy with my results! ;))) I'm within 10lbs of my ideal weight and I'm pretty happy with my body aside from the fat pockets that diet and exercise can't seem to budge. I'm not perfect and I don't want to be either. My goal is to be able to wear a skirt without my hips looking lumpy and to wear whatever pants I want without the muffin top. Coolsculpting is not a weight loss solution; it works best for people who are mildly overweight and have loose fat sitting on top of the muscle. Those who have hard fat or a protruding stomach due to muscle tears from pregnancy, will not have a good result as all. If you can grab a chunk of fat on your body as I have in one of my pictures, you're an ideal candidate for this procedure and it WILL work!!! I will of course post more photos at 3 months. I wish you all the best in your quest for better contours! :)

Full back view after 2, 4 and 7 weeks

The hips and flanks are deflating, with no help from my vacation buffet diet! lol

12 Weeks - Final Result

I've had a great result and noticed a huge difference in my flanks! Barely a muffin top left. I've posted the photo in black/white because it shows the reduction much better. I'm going for my measurements to the clinic on June 1st, can't wait to find out how many inches I've lost! ;)))

3 Month Post Check up

Well, I went in yesterday for my 3 month post procedure check up and met with Hoora, one of the nurses who performed my second procedure. We went over my before and after photos and I expressed an interest in possibly doing one more procedure on the lower hips, just to get a little flatter in that area. Well, after several attempts to grab at the fat, there just wasn't enough to grab, YAAAY! hahaha I definitely don't need proof or any other kind when they try to grab fat and can't! Turns out I was 5 lbs heavier than when I had the procedure done and I was still down an inch in circumference, 40 inches to 39. I would like to thank Hoora, Alyssa and Lisa for being absolutely amazing through this procedure; the technology is great but if the staff isn't pushy and treats me kindly, it makes all the difference in which clinic I choose. I will be recommending this procedure and clinic to all my friends, they are just amazing!

5 1/2 months post Coolsculpting!

Here is a quick update re: my results! It has been exactly 5.5 months since I had 2 areas treated. The difference in my weight from the before pic to the today pic is only 5 pounds. The pics were taken in the same black shorts which are 100% cotton with absolutely no stretch. I am truly amazed at my results, these photos have not been altered in any way, except brightened.
LaserBody M.D.

Alyssa and Houra were the technicians who performed my procedure and both ladies where amazing in they're kindness and attention to detail. Great clinic!