Alive & Kicking:) March 9th FTT W/MR & Lipo - Minnesota

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hi, I am 41 years old, single mom with a beautiful...

Hi, I am 41 years old, single mom with a beautiful teenager daughter. I am 5'6 and 180lbs. Over two years ago I was at 225lbs and when I was pregnant way back when I ballooned up to 240. I had toximia/preeclampsia. I truly have been dreaming for this day for years!:)

I had my surgery at 8:45 this morning. My body hurts (of course) but overall I mentally feel fantastic. Staying in one position is good:) Currently resting in a hotel room as I have a 10:15 appointment tomorrow then I go home which is a 2 hr drive. I must admit I am tired but the body does not want to sleep. So glad I have my laptop:)

I am very happy with my doctor and nurses. Though I know the first 3 days are the hardest I have my eye on the prize -- in time enjoying my improved body:)

I hope to post before pictures this weekend and write updates on my process. Again, my process is early but I will provide more feed back later on my experience. Take Care:)

March 10 - The day after - I slept pretty well. I...

March 10 - The day after - I slept pretty well. I set my alarm clock to take my pain meds at 2am and 6am. I woke up on my own both times (before the alarm went off) as my body was ready for the pain reliever. I also was able to go to the bathroom myself. Again, it hurts but I did do it:)

It was tough to get out of bed...VERY stiff. I could feel everything TT, MR and the lipo on my back. I am pretty well bent over but as I walk I straighten up pretty well.

I had my post op appt. My tummy looks really good. Belly button looks a lot different but like everything else it just needs time. I became faint during my appointment. I think it is because of the meds along with the pain to sit in the chair and that as the most walking I had endured since the surgery. The nurse re-adjusted me and turn on a fan and in a couple minutes I was good. I only have one drain which I am happy about.

I am currently home from the 2 1/2 hour drive. I am suppose to go back in a week to get the drain out. I have a friend who did a mommy makeover and her drain was not ready to be taken out in a week so I am prepared that I may be in the same boat.

I am home alone but seriously I feel well. My good friend lives two blocks way if I need her. I know each day will get better:) I'm going to get a bite to eat and then rest.

Very sore today -- legs, back and tummy. I...

Very sore today -- legs, back and tummy.

I slept in my bed last night. It felt good getting in last night but hard to get out this morning. I think I am going to be sleeping on the couch today.

I do not own a recliner but I am thinking it would be good to have one. It is hard to get comfy, but once you do find the perfect way to sit or lay is then great:)

I just took a long nap and feel A LOT better. The...

I just took a long nap and feel A LOT better. The couch is my friend....we have bonded quite well, lol! No BM yet. Since I have been home I have taken 4 doses. (1 yesterday and three today) I am going to wait three more hours and if nothing I will take another swig. I don't feel uncomfortable just feel like something needs to happen before there is an issue.

Oh, as for me the lipo hurts just as bad as the TT. For some reason I thought the TT would mask the other pain....nope.....I was wrong.

My other suggestion is to document when you take your meds. I just realized I should have taken my muscle relaxing pill about two hours ago (I was sleeping so did not notice any issue but am now feeling it.)

I'm feeling better today, but tired. Had a BM...

I'm feeling better today, but tired. Had a BM last night. Must admit I probably took too much MOM but I will survive.

Today, I am super gassy:( Tummy rumbles and rumbles so I run to the restroom and nothing happens. Decided to have some 7-up. That seems to make it a bit better.

My daughter is coming down with a bad cold. I sure do not need to get that. Her dad was suppose to pick her up at 10am this morning but due to the roads it will not be til later this afternoon or tomorrow.

Thinking of taking a shower tomorrow. Still sore but every day does get better:)

Post Op Day 4. Yes, each day does get better:) I...

Post Op Day 4. Yes, each day does get better:) I washed my CG & stockings & took a shower today. I was very light headed after taking off the garment so I rested for a bit before I got in the shower.

In the shower I did feel faint so I knelt down on my knees. Once I recouped I stood back up. It was a short shower but it felt wonderful! Afterwards I laid down as I was exhausted. Again, I would suggest to everyone who is having a TT to have someone to be with you. If you don't I would suggest that a tub chair would be very smart to have:) I wish I had one.

I also added some pre op pictures and one post op. I am so glad I took pre op pictures because as I heal I can look back & realize what a different the TT, MR and Lipo has made.

Day 5 - Decided to try just tylonel today. So far...

Day 5 - Decided to try just tylonel today. So far so good. I also rubbed Arnica ointment on my bruises it feels like it is making a difference. My body is swollen and my output into my drain is changing to a lighter color which is a good sign.

I worked a 1/2 day from home today. By 2:30 I was ready for a nap. I have not been very hungry but I decided to eat a salad as I know my body needs energy.

I am working a 1/2 day tomorrow. It will be my first day out of the house. I will let you all know how that goes.

Overall, day 5 is great and I am looking forward to day 6.

Today is day 6! I feel fantastic:) Still using...

Today is day 6! I feel fantastic:) Still using Tylenol and finishing up my antibotics. I drove for the first time and all went well. I worked a 1/2 day and now home to do a bit of laundry.

I still have my drain and it bothers me on occasion. The output is still too high so I need to have it for awhile longer. Don't get me wrong there is still pain but overall I feel so much better.

Knock on wood I think I am past the worst part of it all.

13 days post op and my tube is out! I am soooo...

13 days post op and my tube is out! I am soooo happy! I feel great.

I do believe having an exercise routine prior to having surgery is very important. Try to be as healthy as you can be:) I felt that help me bounce back quicker.

Again, a huge thumbs up. Looking forward to when six weeks pass so I can start exercising again.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Many years of experience, good bedside manner and of course very professional.

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful