29 YO, Op Done and Recovering - Will Update -Minneapolis, MN

As a teen, I became awfully aware of the...

As a teen, I became awfully aware of the gynecomastia and let it affect my life negatively. After years, I dealt with the fact that I had this and moved on, but it still bugged me and interfered with my life. I finally had an opportunity to do something about it recently.

After years of research, I knew what to expect. The cost was great - as my case odds pretty average. I had to stay overnight because I wasn't able to find help (recent move and desire to get oore over with).

Except for a couple of issues this week, everything went without a hitch, and Kovanda's staff was a great help when it didn't. I felt great and safe about the experience, and the surgery went through without a hitch.

I was most worried about getting drains put in because they would be a hassle. I'm lucky to not need it.

Mostly, now I'm dealing with boredom at the hospital and the post surgery pain. The pills help, but I'll feel better not needing them. I can walk a bit with pain (and they encourage that). It's the discomfort of the vest and the sporadic pain. It's all manageable though.

I haven't taken a peek yet, and I'm anxious to see some result and confirmation that it was worth it.

I'm off work next week to recover. I'll try updating if things change.

First look

I waited till today to take off the vest and shower because it felt like I wouldn't be able to put it back on yesterday. Today, I feel better, so I took a quick shower.

The results are already amazing! There isn't much swelling, so I can already see an improvement. I also didn't use the pads with the vest, and it's a lot more comfortable. I think my recovery will be easy now that I've seen the result. Just gotta wait out the recovery, which has been going quickly for me.

The only negative is that it's still difficult to sleep because I'm used to sleeping on my side and can only do it on my back for now... That'll go away. I'll give it the month before calling it worth it, but so far, so good.

1 Week Post

It's been a little over a week. I'm back to work and mostly feeling normal already.

My range of motion is a little limited - primarily if I try to reach high things. Swelling is reducing. A lot of the numbness I felt last week is going away, so it doesn't feel weird when I feel around the area. I still wear the garment 24/7 and have added a compression shirt underneath as suggested for the next couple of weeks.

I've also started being slightly more active - very low intensity recumbent biking. Hopefully, I'll be ok to return to the gym in the next couple of weeks.

I can feel a couple of spots where I might be developing scar tissue but nothing serious. I can also still notice what feels like swelling.

On a separate note, it's kinda weird when I look down or in the mirror at times because I'm so used noticing something that isn't there anymore. It's more of a nice weird feeling because it feels like something I won't have to worry about again. However, it's only been a week, so I look forward to be done with the recovery.
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Great. I knew enough going in, and he was reassuring throughout. Can't review aftercare yet, but I'm confident it'll go well.