27 Years Old, 5'2 125lbs with No Children - Minneapolis, MN

I always thought of getting breast implants as...

I always thought of getting breast implants as something that I would never be able to do. I've had two friends in the past few months that have got them and are very satisfied with the results. I've been a 34aa my entire life. I remember being disappointed as a teenager with the way my chest looks. I'm incapable of having cleavage and I can't even fill out an a cup bra. I'm nervous and excited at the possibility of getting breast implants. I have a consultation scheduled with Dr. Gervais on August 15th. I want to post before pictures, however I have a lot of tattoos and am pretty easily identifiable

Consultation

I had my consultation on Monday and it went well. I was able to go with a friend who already had the procedure so that was pretty helpful. Everyone at Dr. Gervais's office seemed friendly and helpful. I ultimately liked the 457cc Allergan Naturelle silicone implants the best. However, The shirt I wore was kind of a poor choice because it's baggy and ended up making me look way larger than I am. I'm going to go back with my boyfriend in the next moth or so and try them on again with a better shirt. I did schedule my surgery and as of right now it's set for November 22nd. I'm excited!!

less than 2 weeks!

I booked my surgery back in august so I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks away. I went back for another sizing appointment yesterday (they squeezed me into their schedule which was really awesome of them). I tried on a few different sizes and I'm still leaning towards 457ccs, even though I did like 490ccs as well. The 490ccs sizers didn't look like that much of a difference. The nurse that I worked with made an excellent point. 30ccs is a full medicine cup, so it's really not that big of a difference. I have a ton of things to do for school and work before the week of my surgery and I'm really anxious to get them done so I can relax. I've been reading a lot of reviews on here and I'm really happy that I'm getting this surgery in the winter. I'm hoping by the summer they will have dropped and settled in. I've taken a few before pictures, here's the one with no nipple.

a week away

I can't believe I'm this close already. I booked my surgery three months ago and now it's already next week. It really hit me when the pharmacy called to let me know my medication was ready to be picked up. I'm nervous and anxious as I feel like I have a ton of stuff to do before next Tuesday. I'm also wondering if I should be finding pictures to show the doctor what I want as far as shape or if I should just go off of the sizers and trust him to chose whatever will look best?

less than 24 hours

It's less than 24 hours away and I am so nervous! I have no idea how I'm going to sleep tonight. I've been really anxious all day. I know it will all go by so fast tomorrow and I'm still really terrified.

I'm attaching a couple additional before pictures. I'm really excited to be able to fill out this bralette finally!

Surgery

Surgery went well. I was pretty scared leading up to it and it seems like I made it into a way bigger deal than it needed to be. When I arrived at the clinic I was called back fairly quick to get before pictures taken. After, I changed into a gown and was brought back to a room with a bed in it. The nurse gave me one of my muscle relaxers and I felt like that calmed me down a lot. Shortly after, the anesthesiologist came in to start my IV and give me some antibiotics. He was really sweet and funny and that put me at ease. After he was finished, Dr. Gervais came in to draw on my chest and help me chose my final size. We ended up going with 445 and 485ccs to even out a minor asymmetry. When everything was ready, they put a bonnet over my hair and I walked myself down to the surgery room. I was awake for about 30 more seconds and then all I remember is waking up in the recovery room. The nurse helped me get dressed and they brought me out to the car in a wheelchair (much to my protest!). I made my boyfriend take me to Starbucks to get a vanilla Frappachino and then went home to rest. I haven't really had much nausea at all and have been taking my medicine and muscle relaxers on schedule. I was able to eat some mac and cheese for dinner and I've been drinking a lot of gatorade. The worst part was probably my poor dog crying all night because she wasn't able to sleep in bed with me!
This morning was a little rough getting out of bed but I feel better now. I'm attaching a picture from last night. I swear my boobs aren't lopsided, it's just the stupid surgical bra.

Day 5

I'm feeling so much better today. I can honestly say that the nausea has been the worst part of healing for me. I stopped taking the Vicodin all together after day 2 because I haven't really been in any pain. I haven't even taken Tylenol. I am taking the muscle relaxers though which are helping with the tightness. They still don't really seem like a part of my body yet. I think this is partially due to the numbness and the fact that I'm not used to having anything.

I go back to work tomorrow and I need to pick out a shirt that doesn't make me look like a linebacker. I'm just really hoping that nobody (that doesn't already know) notices.

Over a week!

My first week back to work wasn't bad at all. I've been waking up pretty sore in the morning but that seems to go away once I get moving. I had my week post op on Tuesday and everything looked great. They already seem to be dropping and now that the swelling has gone down I really like the size. I had a bunch of different bralettes that I've been wearing and I think that this Calvin Klein one is my favorite. It's super comfortable and it sits below my incisions. I'll post pictures of those next time.