Non Surgical Nose Job -- Alar Base Reduction (Alone) & Filler - Middleton, WI

Why I am here: I have always disliked my nose from...

Why I am here: I have always disliked my nose from a early age and new that I wanted to change it once I got the chance. While I want smaller change, I don't want anything drastic, maybe one day I will & the great thing is I will have the option to do a full rhinoplasty.

Consultation: In late April I had an appointment with Dr. Kevin Robertson regarding a non surgical nose job, where he advised me of all my options including rhinoplasty.I received the appointment a month after I contact the office (which is about normal from my experience.) Dr. Robertson informed me about the base reduction procedure which could be done without anesthesia, and how it could be a good option to achieve my goal by combining it with filler. I went with this option because of the limited downtime and the price was well within my budget.

Day of Procedure: The procedure was completed in office early morning. It was pretty simple although mentally I was freaked out. Robertson walked me through all the steps as he was completed them, numbed both sides of my nose, removed the areas we discussed to make a smaller base and narrow my nostril. Afterward he stitched his incisions and finished with the filler. Originally we had discussed use Juvederm Ultra Plus, but ended up going with Restylane, which we use the majority of the syringe. During the procedure I could not feel ANY THING, which I was freaked out I would. The grosses part was hearing the cuts, and just knowing what was being done.
-- As instructed by Robertson I had gotten the necessary topical antibiotics to help with the healing process. I resumed the rest of my day in bed watching Netflix.
-- The pain after the procedure while annoying, is completely manageable. Ibuprofen hasn't helped too much, but hasn't been really needed.

Going to sleep now!

Future Updates: I will keep updating, with pictures and information through the next few months! Hopes this helps someone.

4 Months Later & Very Happy

I am very happy with the way my nose looks for the simple procedure. Only downside is that a have visible scarring on the incisions. BUT I had a bad reaction to my topical antibiotic that when it was healing and I scar VERY easy. So it's mostly me. I might get a rhinoplasty later this year but am happy that I did this first because I can take small steps towards the nose I want instead of a drastic one.

Another pic

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Robertson was very professional but personable. Throughout the procedure he kept conversation with my the entire time, which distracted me of what was happening.