26 with uneven hairline

I have been self-conscious about my hairline since...

I have been self-conscious about my hairline since the kids in my middle school would make fun of me for having a "bald spot" in my hairline. My goal is to get this procedure done by the end of this year. Dr. Kabaker and Dr. Sidel are who I'm looking to go with to have an advancement procedure done.

Appointment booked!

After realizing on Dr. Kabaker's website that he will be going into retirement early next year, I knew I couldn't wait any longer to book my appointment with him for this procedure. The date of my surgery is November 9th. I can't believe I've actually made it happen. I wasn't able to save enough on my own in time, so I took out a loan to cover the cost. I just booked my plane ticket and Airbnb room which added $500 to the total cost. I do feel a little nervous. It is my face after all, and I wonder if I'll still feel like myself after having this done. I know that this is something I need though. The freedom that will come with having this done will be worth every cent. I will be counting down the days!

Surgery complete!

I finally had my procedure done! I flew out to Oakland on Sunday and stayed in a really nice Airbnb about 30 minutes walking distance from Dr. K's office. My surgery was scheduled for the following day, Monday at 8:15am. I woke up early, showered and decided to walk to his office instead of Uber. It was a really nice way to see some of the city before my departing flight on Tuesday. When I arrived, I was greeted by the nice receptionists and filled out some preliminary paperwork. Afterwards, I was walked back through the hallway into a room where I was given the rundown about medications I'd be taking and discussed any concerns I had. I was told to put my hair back into a high, tight bun when Dr. K's assistant walked in and asked me to show him where I'd like my hairline to be. I made a small mark on my forehead and he went from there. Dr. K came in next and finalized the markings and I was able to take a look to give my approval. I was then walked into the surgery room and laid down on the table. I was covered up and given the IV in my arm and then the sedative. Next thing I knew I woke up and it was all done! My head was all wrapped up and I felt like a mummy. I didn't have any pain at this point, just a feeling of tightness in my scalp. Honestly the pain wasn't very bad at all. I'm home now and washed my hair last night. I loosened up the blood clots around my incision with 1/2 hydrogen peroxide and 1/2 water in a spray bottle. I used my regular shampoo and conditioner and was very gentle around my hairline. I didn't fully submerge my head, but used my hands to kind of swoosh water around the top of my head. I've been cleaning my incision every day. I use a little coconut oil to keep it moisturized. I also apply some gauze at the incision and just wear a thick headband. I do have some swelling and especially have it in my left eye. I haven't really been using a cold pack or anything, so I may try that and see if that helps. No hair loss that I can tell of yet. I'll take more pictures soon, but here's one that was taken while on the table, immediately after surgery.

Stitches out

I got all of my stitches/staples out the other day. Initially I called around for another plastic surgeon's office in my area to do it, without any luck. I don't think other surgeons like to mess with someone else's work. So I then scheduled an appointment with my general doctor and it wasn't an issue. I actually took the sutures out in the front by myself after watching a youtube video and realized how easy it is. I'm not advising you to do this, but I felt comfortable with it. I just could get the ones that were on either side of my scalp due to not being able to see them well enough. I have been conditioning the area with coconut oil since I've gotten home and since taking my stitches out. I honestly don't see much of a scar, so that makes me happy. I will continue using the coconut oil daily as there are so many benefits of using it. I can already feel little, prickly hairs growing through my scalp. There's a little bit of thinness in one area in the center of my scalp, but it just looks like that's where my hair parts. Hopefully more hair will continue growing and the scar will only improve. I'm very happy with my results. I feel like it's the perfect height, as I didn't want a small forehead. I just wanted my hairline to be even. Dr. Kabaker definitely honored my wishes.
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon