32 Year Old, Getting RId of my Mom's Chin

All the ladies on my mom's side of the family have...

All the ladies on my mom's side of the family have a similar double-chin and thick fat padding around their jawline. I was very thin most of my life so mine wasn't very noticeable but since turning 30 and gaining a few pounds it has become more prevalent. I decided to go with lipo vs. cool sculpting so I could better guarantee the results I'm looking for in one procedure.

Day of

The procedure was a breeze. Everyone was very nice and made me feel really comfortable. Not a lot of discomfort.

1 day after surgery

Minimal swelling and pain. Got the large head wrap removed and just have the compression garment now, huge relief.

Day 3

More swelling now but not as painful or tight. Just using ibuprofen for pain and swelling. Getting stitches out in 2 days.

One Month Later

Here's what I've experienced in the last month of healing...

Not much pain, more like muscle soreness at this point. For the first week or so after getting stitches out I was supposed to message the area to help get rid of any lumps but it was a bit too tender still. I would use a facial oil vs. lotion to reduce friction. I still message throughout the day and before bed, the lumps are going down.

There is a lot of tightness. I could not lift my head back all the way for about 3 weeks. It's much better now but it took a lot of consistent gentle stretching.

I am happy with the results so far. My doctor said you will see about 50% results by 1 month and 25% improvement each month for the next 2. I will do a 3 month followup post to show my final healed results.