Taking my Talents to South Beach!!! - Miami, FL

I first contacted Dr. Salzhauer back in August...

I first contacted Dr. Salzhauer back in August because I became obsessed with his work. All of my "wish pics" we're from his portfolio. He does consistent work and he can be very modest all the way up to aggressive, depending on what you want. I like the fact that every body has different results. He seems to tailor it to the individual as opposed to pumping out "one size fits all" bodies. This is my ideal because I am a conservative person and I do not want to look "done" nor do I want to look like a caricature of myself. Also, I found it somewhat embarrassing going into a doctor's office and asking him to mimic another doctor's work. Lol! I am very particular with doctors, my health is very important to me so when I feel I have too much explaining to do, they're just not the doctor for me. I am adamant about that. Anyway... I have some current issues to sort out so I booked way far in advance which works for me and my family. I will have to stay in Miami for 2 weeks and figure out the logistics but I have time so thats a good thing. Cindy was awesome as a contact person. She answered all of my questions and was very patient with me. I had so many questions and felt like a pest but she answered them all. After going back and forth with them for 2months, I finally CALLED because I needed to confirm that I had been speaking with them via email. Lol!

Weighing my options on a bbl liiiiiiiike...

Hmmm. *thinking* I mean... I am traveling a long way for the infamous Dr. Miami. It feels like such a waste of a trip... AND good fat. Lol! But what I don't want to deal with is a) the added cost, b) additional healing time, c) struggling to buy new clothes and d) my co-workers noticing my new fat ass! Lmao! For now it's a "no" but who knows?! Tune in to the next episode of "juicypear" to find out more. :) AHHHHHHH! Time... It's leaves us with the option to think of some new stuff to add to the mix. :*

Be like Jen!

A little bbl humor...

So someone asked me...

... had I considered not traveling for my procedure and the honest truth is, I wish I didn't have to. :( People think you travel to cut costs or whatever when in reality, the money you spend on travel, recovery houses, food etc., often means you are spending the same amount of money or even greater. Smh! So, the main reason why I stopped looking into local drs is because Boston is still somewhat taboo about plastic surgery so you have plenty of talented Drs who do not promote, market or display their work. We live in a world where technology is at our fingertips. Trust me, I am queen of research. Lol! My issue is these Drs want us to book and pay $100- upwards of $300 for me to come in, look at their work and I'm sorry but WHAT IF I DON'T LIKE YOUR BELLY BUTTON??? Lmao! But seriously! I've stated before I and extremely particular, ESPECIALLY when it comes to my health and finding Drs. And quite frankly, belly buttons is where I draw the line and I'm not paying to look at your little look book cuz it literally takes seconds to analyze a belly button. Lol! So these Drs would be making hundreds of dollars in seconds off of me. No thanks buddy! I work hard for my little bit of money therefore, I want the most qualified individual with tailored results and if I have to travel across the world, I would TRY! Lol! Or just do nothing cuz nothing is better than not loving the results. I know there's no guarantee but still... You have to at least feel confident with your choice. And that's all that matters! :)

Lymphatic Massage Research -SOME INSURANCES WILL PAY!!!

If you know me, you know that I'm great at research, I will research the hell out of whatever subject is at hand. I'm posting this so that I can A) share the wealth (of knowledge) and B) remember the key facts when it's closer to my surgery so that I don't forget. Lol! Anyway! I have Blue Cross Insurance and my particular insurance, (PPO), covers me for acupuncture, massages and chiropractic needs. Recently, I've gone to an acupuncturist and only had to pay my $10 copay. It's real. The clinic also covers massages, (which I've also gotten for just my $10 copay), so I inquired about lymphatic massages and YES, they do cover them!!! Now, I know I'll have to get massages while in Florida for 2 weeks and for those, I plan to pay out of pocket. Also, this particular clinic is in close proximity to my job so once I go back to work, I'll book my appointments for directly after work so it doesn't interfere with my job.

Now for the real! A Spaulding Rehab opened inside my gym so I popped in and YESSSSSS!!! They do lymphatic massages! I am too excited about this because my gym is near my home and this is where I'll be getting my massages while I'm out of work. How convenient?! Anywhooo! The patient coordinator called to tell me that lymphatic massages are only covered if you have an RX for physical therapy. I have a PPO so my insurance covers me wherever without all that "in/out-of-network" crap so I'll be good.

But just to let you all know, a private clinic, (first clinic mentioned), can do lymphatic massages but a clinic that is a part of a larger hospital, (Spaulding), would need a Drs note for physical therapy.

And as always, when in doubt, call your insurance company!!! Why pay a ton of money when you don't have to?

If you want to waste money, send me a private message and I'll give you my paypal info! :)p

Happy Healing!

Consultation W/ Dr. Miami

Hey Dolls,

I've really been avoiding this app, trying to busy myself with real life and not be overly consumed with surgery in 2016, knowing I'm not getting my procedure done until alllll the way 2017 -_-. Anyway, Dr. Miami no longer does scheduled consultations, his office takes the first 10 healthy girls and does walk in consults only. Knowing this and also knowing that I have a surgery date, I decided to book an appointment for a live consultation. I made an entire vacation of it and even took a day trip to the Bahamas from Miami. :)

I was so star struck when I got to meet with Dr. Salzhauer so I'm glad I made a list of questions cuz lord knows I had a lot. Lol! He walked in, (with Yeni), and asked me to show him my belly so when I dropped my gown, the first thing he said is, "Yep. You're ready for a tummy tuck"! Lmao! I took that to mean that there were no prerequisites to me being eligible for surgery. I just need to not get fatter. Lol! I had lost 8lbs before I left for Miami so I'm gonna be mindful and try to be between 150/155 going in. He doesn't think I have a hernia but is prepared to deal with one just in case. I also will need muscle repair. UGHHHH, I was trying to avoid that, *rolls eyes*. He suggested lipo 360 which basically just means lipo all around my mid section including flanks (which is included with the tummy tuck), and full back, although I think that's just bra roll and lower back. That will also cost me an additional $2k which would've been $2500 but I asked my coordinator, (Monica), to give me the price based on the day I booked my surgery (Oct. 2015). She was happy to oblige. The total is now $9245. -_- He told me that my body was great, (why thank you, sir), and that was pretty much it. I did feel a bit rushed but I also don't feel negatively about being rushed because he did answer all of my questions, (I'm just glad I had a list). One of the things I love about Dr. Salzhauer is he didn't allow me to be dramatic. Lol! I asked him if he could lift my lip so my teeth show more when I speak and he was like, NO! Lol! I also asked him to give me a skin graft on my elbows. Lmao! He told me he would stitch my elbows to my thighs then I could see him in a few weeks to do it like in the olden days. Lmao! He really wasn't here for my drama. HA! Another thing I love is when I mention the fact that my hips went in on the side of my butt, Yeni just dismissed it and told me, "That's how natural butts are". And then when Dr. Salzhauer examined me, he didn't try to sell me a bbl. He just kept the convo on what I was there for. I took full body pics and he showed me how far my scar would go out and it's about an inch beyond the 'v' in my private area.

Let's get physical!

When I tell you I absolutely love my primary care doctor, I really do!!! I had my physical a few weeks ago and I was honest about my plans to travel to Miami for surgery. To date I've had a handful of surgeries and my doctor knows I'm thorough n my research for physicians. She trusts that I'm diligent. I am. :) Anyway... She decided to run a blood panel now so we could see where my hemo is on a normal basis and as suspected, it's low. So I'm going on iron supplements sooner rather than later so I can get that under control.

Current feelings:
Dr. Miami is embarrassing me. Smh! Every one who knows I'm going to him keeps sending me his videos and it makes me want to block him on social media and hide under a rock. Smh! I do still stand by my decision to go to him. I believe he shines in the tummy tuck and belly button department and I am very much interested in that machine he uses that feeds patients back their own blood. It basically cuts the need for blood transfusions which is a plus in my book. I can't say that if I were going for any other procedure that he would still be my choice and I am certainly NOT going for his online shenanigans and persona. -_-

Anyway, since I've actually met him in person, I do like him a lot. I trust that he has my best interest in mind. I will continue to compartmentalize and block out the foolishness.

Until next time.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Pros: I LOVE HIS WORK!!! Cons: His online antics annoy me. Lol!