Unhappy with Hair Transplant Very Nasty Scar and Minimal Regrowth 1300 Grafts - Miami, FL

Female, that has suffered hair loss to the line in...

Female, that has suffered hair loss to the line in addition to a naturally large forehead. Wore wigs and weaves most of my adult life, until it became unbearable for my scalp. I was having bad itching. Finally made the hard choice for hair transplant. Dr Epstein and staff were quite friendly, atmosphere very professional and the follow-up was really good. However the results did not meet up to the professed standard. Dr Epstein seemed a little rushed when doing the sutures (I think I was patient 3 or so having a procedure at almost the same time). Its been a year and I have a very ugly scar. I don't scar easily have had other major surgeries with almost an invisible scar. I feel the scar was just because of the rush. I haven't had much regrowth also, but I blame that on the lady that transplanted that side. there is visibly some difference from the one side to the other; two people worked on it and the one side seems to do better than the other.
If you will embark on a major surgery like this, my suggestion is to make sure you are not just another statistic but a real patient with a real need! No hard feelings, I have moved on.
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Great location, Dr Epstein and staff very professional and environment quite relaxing. I was not satisfied with the quality of work however. I have a very ugly scar, and I have evidence that I don't scar easily. I feel the scar was either as a result of the suture style/ type or because Dr Epstein was rushed. I may have been comforted if the transplanted hairs grew in, however the transplanted hairs have not really grown in after a year. I DO NOT blame the clinic for this as there are other factors which could affect regrowth. It is what it is. Future patients research and be well informed on the better methodologies out there. As for me, I have to live with the scar, and quite frankly I hold no grudge, it is what it is.