Kenya_Doll's Tummy Tuck Journal - Miami, FL

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

I am scheduled to get my TT procudre with Doctor...

I am scheduled to get my TT procudre with Doctor Rafael Salas. I had 3 children by C-Section and I am really looking forward to getting my pre-childbearing belly back. I hope that his TT work on me is as good as all of the pics and praise that most patients experienced. I am so looking forward to the surgery but not the recovery but I know it's a part of the process. I will post pics and updates during this process for all you lovely ladies to be able to see the progression stage by stage.

Adding a few more before photos

Today is the big day... I am having my surgery!!!

Well I am excited and nervous about the surgery that's going to occur today. I went for my consultation last week and when I met doctor Salas he made me feel comfortable with my decision to get the surgery done as well as choosing him as the doctor that I selected to perform the surgery. He explained everything about the surgical process to me in detail and let me know what to expect regarding my shape and desired results. However, I would have to agree with the everyone else that said the office staff is not as professional and welcoming as doctor Salas is which could be a turn off for patients and may be bad for business in the long run. I am so looking forward to being on the flat side but I am not looking forward to the painful recovery. I am scheduled to have my surgery at 9:00 am this morning and I will try to give an update later on today if I'm not in too much pain or drowsy from the pain medication.

I'm on the flat side now...(^_~)

Some pics for now as i am very tired and still somewhat drowsy from the anesthesia... i will share more details another day....

More details about the day of my surgery...

As promised I am going to let you lovely ladies know more details about my tt experience. I arrived at the office around 8:50 am, checked in and sat in the waiting area to be called for surgery. I was called around 9:30-9:45 am, they gave me the gown and stuff to put on for surgery. I patiently sat in the surgery waiting room until around 11:00 am, then I started to ask when is doctor Salas going to see me. The anesthesiologist finally came to start my IV and explained that doctor Salas was running behind schedule (no kidding) and is almost finished with the other patient. They came and got me around 11:40 am, took some pictures and marked my stomach for the surgery. I laid on the table, the anesthesia kicked in and I was out for the count. The next thing I knew I was waking up in the freezing cold recovery room. The nurses were very nice and attentive to everyone’s needs. They gave me a small cup of Gatorade and told me to sip slowly in order to avoid throwing it up. After freezing my but off for 2 hours, I was able to get dressed for my departure. The Nurse took out the IV I had in my arm, sat me in a wheel chair and rolled me to my husband who was waiting for me in the car outside. I was release around 6:00pm with my post-surgical instructions and prescriptions to take to the pharmacy.

It took my husband approximately 30 to 40 minutes to drive us home. I'm thinking to myself whew I made it through surgery without any complications and I was happy to see my kids when I walked through the door. I live in a 2 story townhouse so I had to walk up the stairs and believe me when I tell you that was dreadful. I was so tired and out of breath. I had to pee so bad so I went straight to the bathroom, sat on the toilet, started feeling light headed/dizzy and then I blacked out/loss consciousness for about 15 to 20 minutes scaring the daylights out of my family. My husband and 14 year old son was trying to wake me up, I could faintly hear them calling my name but I couldn't open my eyes. I finally woke up/began responding to my husband blowing in my face and my son fanning me while they were on the phone with the ambulance dispatcher. They managed to get me off the toilet and laid me in the bed.

The paramedics came very quickly, they came upstairs to my bedroom to check on me and asked if I wanted to go to the hospital but I declined because I was feeling better and I didn't want to spend the rest of the night in the hospital after spending all day getting surgery. I also let them know that I had to go back to the clinic in the morning to get checked out so it wasn't necessary for me to go the hospital. They told me that what I experienced was a normal reaction to the anesthesia for patients that have tt procedures. They advised that I keep my feet elevated so that the blood can flow through my body and avoid blood clots from forming.

I slept pretty good last night but had to get up every 4 hours to take the pain medication. My back was killing me all night long because of the position that I slept in with my feet elevated. This morning I went to the clinic, the wait wasn't that long, and they said everything looks great so I was happy to hear that. I was advised to walk for 10 minutes every 2 hours and to eat healthy meals in order to regain my energy. I am feeling very swollen and tight in my stomach but other than that I am doing much better today. I have an appointment to see Dr. Salas next Thursday and hopefully I will be getting these drains taken out. Until next time lovely ladies...

More Pics of My New Belly...

Day 2 Before and After Side By Side Comparison

Bye Bye Drains

I am so happy that my drains were removed on Thursday, it is such a relief to get them out. It hurt like hell when they removed them but i a glad to be free of them. My healing process is slowly but surely as i feel much better today and my swelling has gone down somewhat but i am still bent over and can't stand/walk for long periods of time. I want to be able to sleep throughout the night but i always wake up 2 to 3 times at night. I am no longer taking pain medication but i am taking Advil to cope with my discomfort... To combat the swelling issue i am drinking pineapple juice, eating apples, eating grapefruit and rubbing my stomach with Arnicare Gel... No matter what please eat healthy, try to eat fruits, veggies, salads and stay away from greasy foods because you will learn the hard way like I did...

2 Weeks Post Op

I went to Vanity for my first message yesterday, Maira was assigned to do my message and she is great with her hands. She ade me feel really comfortable and relaxed plus my eased some of the soreness and swelling from the lipo'd areas around my flanks and back. During the message she removed the tape that was on my incision and she also told me that I needed to see Dr. Salas immediately because I had fluid in my belly.

Side Bar*** FYI... It has been 2 weeks and this was the first time that I have seen the doctor post surgery. When I went to Vanity the day after the surgery as well as 1 week post op to have my drains removed, I saw his assistant both times. However the nurse who put the drains in during the surgery was the one who removed them. If you don't know when you should schedule your appointments then ask the doctor or his assistant because the front office staff doesn't seem to know much of anything about scheduling patients properly. And since he is only there on Wednesday's and Thursday's you have to get in where you fit in because he is doing surgeries all day so just be prepared to wait for quite a while to see him in between surgeries.

Any who back to my visit story... So after signing in for my message visit and receiving services, I had to sign in again ,at the kiosk, selecting follow up to request to see Dr. Salas and waited for him to finish doing a surgery before he saw me. Thank goodness I didn't have to wait too long (approximately 30 minutes) before they called my name. Well he examined my stomach and said I had fluid in me while explaining that this is normal because the body may not be able to dispose of the fluids on its own so I may need to come back a few more time to get the fluid removed. OMG this is horrifying and not what I wanted to hear at all. He had this huge tube with a huge needle (when inserted I did not feel a thing because I am still numb down there... thank GOD lol) and sucked out almost 4 and a half to 5 large tubes of fluid from my belly. I felt so relieved to be free of the constant swelling (like I am about to burst feeling) because I could not stand up straight (I had to lean over when walking) which was very uncomfortable, made my back hurt worst and prevented me from walking long distances. So now I am felling much better and my belly looks better (there is hope because I was worried about my recovery for a minute). I have taken some pics and will upload them shortly for you to see. Please let me know if you have questions, we all use this forum for support and I am here for you ladies... xoxoxoxo

2 Weeks Post Op Photos

As promised I am posting some photos for your review...

A few days shy of 6 Weeks Post Op (Photos)

I am loving my results but I am still somewhat swollen at the lower half of my tummy so I'm sucking it in a little for the picks.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Salas did my tummy tuck and i am not satisfied with my results to date. The results should have gotten better by now but it hasn't. I can feel the stitching which he started from the bottom half of my stomach instead of the entire stomach. I feel like I got a botched procedure that needs to be corrected by another surgeon. i would not recommend this provider to anyone and it will be a waist of money. Make sure he has been list as a board certified doctor because I was told that he submitted his application to be listed as a board certified Doctor and was waiting for it to be approved/finalized. Use caution when booking your surgery with Vanity Cosmetics.

1 out of 5 stars Overall rating
3 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
3 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
1 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
1 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
2 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
2 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
3 out of 5 stars Payment process
1 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful