Rhinoplasty Results - Miami, FL

I wanted to share my experience because I looked...

I wanted to share my experience because I looked through so many of yours and found them so helpful. I have disliked my profile and the tip of my nose for many years. I do not have a large hump but will be breaking the bone to add a slight slope while also defining the tip. Granted we all have different needs I think the more you can review the better the decision you can make. I did not see many people with a similar nose to mine but maybe someone out there has the same concerns as mine and will find this helpful. Freaked out about tomorrow but ready to finally get this underway. So far I have gone out and purchased a car package as well as pulled out some easy clothes for the first week.

Care package:
-Ice bag with lid (size S)
-Vaseline lip balm
-Simply saline nasal spray
-Arnicare Gel (pain relief)
-Arnica Montana pills (365 brand)
-Fruit for smoothies (will add protein)
-Facial towelettes
-Travel pillow for neck

* pre filled prescription *

-Pulled out two hooded jackets with zippers
- 5 button down shirts
(Don't want to have to pull over tops and dump nose)

Day 1 post op.

When I got out of surgery I was in little to no pain more like uncomfortable and stiff in the back. Also not supposed to breath through nose so that takes some getting used to and you have the tape underneath for drainage and can be uncomfortable but over all not bad. On a scale of 1-10 for pain I'd say 2 and on a scale of 1-10 for comfort I'd say 4.

Day 2 post op

So I woke up today thinking everything would be worse because the meds from surgery wore off and I am fine. Again my biggest complaint is back pain, I slept on my back all night, with 3 pillows to keep me elevated, as instructed (I'm a side sleeper) and used a travel pillow around my neck so I stayed put and I'm sore sore sore today :-/. I had some trouble sleeping due to stuffiness but there is not much you can do about that. I've been able to drive today to grab some more soup etc and now just relaxing. So far so good. I'll be getting the splint off on Monday and can't wait to see what it looks like, although I hear that's when the pain starts because the pressure is removed. Let's see. So far I've been lucky, no real significant pain, no bruising little swelling on the cheeks. Stay tuned :)

Day 3 Post Op

Hey All. Day three has been a breeze. No pain, back pain is gone because I'm getting used to sleeping on my back. The travel pillow really is a life savor because I can side sleep and know my nose won't go into the pillow in the middle of the night. Just don't want to press my nose up against anything. There is for sure dryness because I'm clear of congestion so I've had to use the pure saline nasal spray a few times. Trying to still breathe through my lough but I really don't think that's necessary at this point but following Dr's orders (or at least trying). Really wish I would have done this sooner, my closets friends already notice the difference and see a slope. Can't wait to get this split off and see what it looks like. I'll update you all on Monday when it's off unless I have significant issues that are post worthy between now and then. :)

Day 7 Post Op

I finally got the splint off! It was a little painful having the split removed but on a scale of 1-10 only about a 2. I only got to see my nose for a few brief minutes! The tip was definitely swollen but I was able to see that my tip was much more defined. I now have tap on my nose and thought it would be a small amount but it's a lot of tape. So it's still almost as if I have the split except now I can scratch minimally if needed. They also stuck long Q-tips up my nose to clean out scanning with peroxide and that was not fun! You are able to feel everything and where the nose was broken the pressure is greater. Since the nose has been covered for so long and then suddenly all this action going on is a little overwhelming. So I'm looking forward to what next Monday brings but for now I'll monitor the swelling, no significant increase since the splint came off, and I'll be cleaning with Q-tip twice a day ????

4 Weeks post op

Hi guys! It's been a few weeks since I've posted. After the cast was off I was really happy with results. I then had tape put on my nose for an additional week and that was a huge pain in the butt! Only a pain because the tape is sticky and caused a few pimples as well difficult to keep clean. I also was using peroxide and Q-tip in order to keep everything inside clean. I had a lot of crusties! Lol but not the worst thing to deal with. The swelling in-between my eyes has really gone down but I'm feeling like my nose looks really similar to my old nose. I've done some comparisons and I do definitely see the difference it's just not a huge change. I'm really really hoping my bridge gets a little slimmer and my tip becomes more defined. I understand it's still early on so I'm trying not to think about it too much. I'll be back soon with some updates. Thanks!

Almost 5 Months Post Op.

Hi guys! I think I like my new nose! Lol. I am still noticing slight bulge on the right side of my nasal tip but I knew the swelling of the tip would last the most amount of time so I'm being patient. I also notice the space between my nasal tip and upper lip is great and I'm paying more attention to folds around my lips. I actually had juvederm injected in my lips at the tip of my rhinoplasty and my Dr. Suggested filling the space between my nasal tip and upper lip to help adjust to this change... Well I think that filler has begun to dissipate and now I'm wondering if I'll need to inject that area with fillers to be happy with the change :// anyone else have this experience? . I noticed a harder time breathing when I first started working out again (hardcore training) but now that's not an issue and I have no trouble with breathing. Stay tuned...
Miami Plastic Surgeon

So far Dr. Stover has been very busy but everytime I have an appointment with her she devotes all her time and energy into making me feel in good hands. Dr. Stover has a keen eye and is very detail orientated which is truly what you want when having a rhinoplasty. She is also very straight forward and has realistic expectations. If you have photos of examples you may like, she will let you know right away what is doable.