42 Year Old Triathlete Wants to Get Rid of Unwanted Belly. - Miami, FL

I have been doing a ton of research but finally...

I have been doing a ton of research but finally landed on seeing Dr. Hananberg Jr. Both he and his office manager, Alejandra been great and have answered all my questions and not made me feel rushed at all. I cannot wait to have the Lypo done in June!! Some of my back ground is that I have been a runner since high school and ran in College as well. I still continue to run and am getting ready for a Marathon this weekend. I also did a half Ironman last year. With working out I still have stubborn fat that just will not go away in my torso. I did have 2 c-sections as well. I am so looking forward to being able to work out and see some abs!!

Getting Excited.

Making my final payment today. I am really getting excited. Getting a little nervous of the pain after surgery but had 2 c-sections and I felt the pain was manageable. I will post some before pics.. Anyone have lypo on there arms as well, I am not sure if I should do it or not.

Today's the day!!!!

Went yesterday to the New Life center for my pre op and had a frustrating experience.I was looking forward to meeting the dr but he was in surgery and I was never able to see him. Mixed reviews about the staff there. I got there at 1:30 and did not leave till 4. I had my EKG there and signed papers. Mostly just waited around. Hopefully today since its surgery day I will have a better experience. I have read such great reviews.
Get the nervous. Surgery was set for the afternoon.

Before photos.

Done and resting!!!

Wow not gonna lie but waking up was terrible. Shaking and really confused of what was happening. I also felt really nauseous. They gave me rubbing alcohol on cotton ball and it really did help me not to throw up. I loved Dr. hanabergh Jr. Very nice and very personable. I was thinking about Lyposuction on my arms but he stated that I didn't need it. After the fact really glad. Driving home was awful and it was a 45 minute drive. I am leaking like crazy and of course I started my period today so I am a mess. Now that I am home and drake a ton of apple juice, chicken broth and crackers I feel so much better. Just the first 1.5 hours after I woke up were rough, now so much better.

Day 1 post op

Woke up really sore and didn't sleep well. The Percocet I am taking doesn't really knock me out. Laid in bed a lot of the day but did get up a couple times and sat in living room. Seeing the leakage decrease and seemed to stop by the time I went to bed. Still needed a lot of help getting up. Had lots of pain, worst is getting up out of bed or chair and rolling over in bed. Standing up actually feels really good.

Pre operation stats

I usually weigh about 130 and am 5'3 to 5'4 in height. I have just always had a belly and wanted it gone. Get to shower soon and hope to post some pictures.

Day 2 post op

Still a rough day. But did cut pain meds in half. I took a shower and wow definitely don't have my belly anymore. I still have leakage out of one site so I stayed home and rested today. Seeing my doctor tomorrow and getting a lymphatic massage. Got emotional for the first time just because of being tired of the pain and not being able to do anything. Thinking my garment is to small. Will ask doctor tomorrow.

Day 3

Went to see dr today. He said everything looks great and if anything my compression garment could be a little big. Then and I went for my massage. It was the most painful experience ever. I couldn't go through it much. Still leaking and its so gross. They also gave me boards to wear which make sitting almost impossible. The side boards are great though, they prevent garment from digging.

Day 9

Been quite a ride. Feeling a lot better and can move more easily. Starting to have a lot of itching and still continue to have minimal yellow drainage from 2 open spots. Compression garment is a like hate thing. I have been wearing boards under during the day and foam on my sides at night to prevent creases. Dr says I have to wear compression garment 23 hours a day for first 3 weeks then 12 hours for 3 weeks. I may change into a more spanx thing instead. Got home 3 days ago and I have been able to hide it from my two daughters. I am really hoping they do not find out. Post some pics soon!
Aventura Plastic Surgeon