32, Finally Getting My Dream Body. Miami, FL

I've spent years of exercising, dieting and losing...

I've spent years of exercising, dieting and losing weight but I'd never come close to achieving my ideal body shape. I liked my body, but I didn't love it and I felt I would be more confident if I got plastic surgery to help me get the body I really wanted. I did a lot of research, settling on 3 doctors--Dr. Curves in Atlanta, Dr. John Connors in Atlanta, and Dr. Salzhauer in Miami. I chose Dr. Salz not only because of his price and his level of artistry, but also after the consultation I was impressed by his personality (and good looks) and the professionalism of his staff. I paid my deposit immediately and secured my sx date (and cancelled my other consultations). As many of you know Dr. Salz is booked a year in advance but I'm not complaining. I need to get mentally and financially prepared, and I'm trying to do as much research as possible about the surgery experience. AND he's worth the wait. I've compared his work to others and nothing comes close to the level of work Dr. Salz does. None of the women have that BBL "look." They all look very natural and most importantly they are very happy. I am so excited and I can't wait until next year.

I want a more defined waistline and slimmer thighs. I'm getting lipo on abdomen, full back, flanks, inner and outer thighs---no fat transfer. I'll keep updating and more regularly as I get closer to my sx date. I would love any advice you all have to offer, and I'm looking for a surgery buddy to split the cost of a private nurse. I'm traveling for my surgery and I won't have anyone to help me in the Miami area.

2 Weeks Post-Op Lipo of Full Back, Abs, Flanks and Inner and Outer Thighs

I've had my surgery and I'm now in the recovery phase. My emotions are up and down everyday because with lipo you experience so much bruising and swelling for months. It's been 2 weeks and I'm not really sure what I'm going to look like because the swelling is so bad. I was smaller immediately after the surgery but once I got my drains removed I blew up like a balloon and experienced the hardness and swelling that most people talk about with regard to lipo. I'm not in any real pain just a lot of discomfort. The lymphatic massages have helped dramatically with the swelling and discomfort. I'll be getting a proper compression garment in a few days to help maintain my shape. Dr. Salzhauer doesn't recommend wearing compression garments until after the drains are removed and at least 2 weeks post op, and even then he prefers Spanx over compression garments.

It's still early in my recovery so I'm just trying to stay positive. It's helped and hurt reading other recovery stories. I wonder why my body doesn't look smooth and flat, but then there are a few people who are going through what I'm going through emotionally. I'm too upset with the swelling to take pictures...My stomach doesn't look very good right now, imho. Maybe in a few more weeks I'll have something better to show.
Miami Plastic Surgeon