42 Y/o Ready for a Tune Up - Miami, FL

I have read many mixed reviews about this doctor...

I have read many mixed reviews about this doctor so I was apprehensive to say the least. I live 4 1/2 hours from Miami so I have had to base my decision solely from reviews. Last week I decided to bite the bullet and schedule surgery (breast redux and tummy tuck). By friday I was a nervous wreck. I called my coordinator, Yenia (who has been an angel throughout this process) and asked if I coud schedule a consultation before surgery. I met with Dr. Hunsaker on Tuesday afternoon. I can't express how much anxiety was relieved by meeting with him and seeing the facility. He spent over an hour with me and addressed every concern I had. He is meticulous during his exam and has a great sense of humor. I'm trying to figure out where the negative reviews are coming from??? I am looking forward to being on the other side of surgery already. I'll keep everyone posted!

Surgery was today

So I'm writing fast because my pain pill will kick in soon. Everything went well except we started 4 hours late. So i arrived home at 11 pm after the drive. And now, i can't sleep. I thought the TT would be the more hurting part, but its definitely the boobies for me. He did a reduction and lift which I wasn't expecting but am grateful. No muscle repair (upon request untless it was awful) and he said I didnt even need it once he got in there. I woke up with no idea where I was and thinking wth did I do to myself. I know in a week, I will feel differently. Unfortunately i am wide awake and can't sleep :/ Will post more tomorrow after my followup appointment.

So I went in for my first followup today. They changed the dressings and said everything was looking great. I go back next Thursday for the next appointment.

Day 2

Im standing up almost all the way straight and the pain is very bearable. Im more tired than anything. I expected the TT to hurt much more. I am assuming it's because he didnt do MR.

9 days out

So I wouldn't call it pain, but I'm definitely not comfortable yet. The binder feels too tight so I keep loosening it and get a little relief. I'm getting almost no sleep though. I'm tired but can't sleep more than an hour at night. I've tried tylenol pm and it only makes me feel hungover instead. The last 2 days have been the worst for sleep but I've also been the most active these days as well. I went shopping both days and out to eat. I almost feel like a normal person. My dr says I'm doing amazing and is impressed at how easily I'm recovering. I really don't even notice the boobs, only the tummy tuck as far as comfort level. I have a lot of tingling type feelings, but not pain. A lot of swelling after all my activities. I posted an after picture. I'm not standing 100% straight yet but pretty close.

I met with Dr. Hunsaker on Tuesday afternoon. I can't express how much anxiety was relieved by meeting with him and seeing the facility. He spent over an hour with me and addressed every concern I had. He is meticulous during his exam and has a great sense of humor. I'm trying to figure out where the negative reviews are coming from??? Most of his staff speaks very little English (which for locals is normal, but out of towners be warned). I had a great experience with Dr. Hunsaker. I ws apprehensive about the breast reduction as I had not seen any of his work because, let's face it, most people want bigger not smaller. I am pleased with the shape and size that he made me. I'm currently a D and assume I will be a C agter all the swelling as finally gone away. My only complaint is not knowing times of appointments or surgery until the day before (one day was literally an hours notice before my followup appointment and then I waited 2 hours in the waiting room - however, they were trying to squeeze me in so I could return home sooner because I am from out of town.)