29 Years Old, 34B, 5'8, 165lbs. Miami, FL

My 30th birthday gift to myself! I'm going to have...

My 30th birthday gift to myself! I'm going to have my surgery with Dr Mel Ortega in Miami,FL. My bestfriend got hers done by him and had a great experience & outcome. I will be going the end of May 2016 (setting surgery date in Jan). Debating on staying with Assistance 4 Life or Keyla's. Will keep you all posted!

Surgery Date Set with Dr Mel Ortega! May 16, 2016!

I just put down my deposit today! :) Decided to wait until May until the school semester is over so I won't have to stress about recovering quickly. My 30th birthday is June 10th so I'm hoping I'm able to have a little fun by then :D

Reserved Recovery House (Keyla's)

Hey Dolls! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I booked my stay at Keyla's recovery house for May 15-19. Is anyone else gonna be there around that time. If so feel free to message me :) The recovery house is increasing their rates from 130/night to 150/night starting April 1st but I still think it's worth it after all the great reviews I've read about her. May can not get here soon enough!! :)

1 month away!!!

Just checking in with you all...I can't believe this is actually happening!! I'm super excited and nervous at the same damn time lol. 30 more days to go :)

Couple More Weeks To Go!

About 17 days until my surgery! Lab work came back good to go so I purchased my plane ticket a few days ago. Going to stop taking my vitamins, green tea and a long list of other things 2 weeks before surgery (May 2) as directed. Still can't believe this is happening! Is anyone else staying at Keyla's Recovery House the week of May 15-19?

7 more days!

I have 7 more days until my surgery! I've purchased a wedge and travel pillow because I am soooo not a back sleeper and want to be as comfy as possible. I also laid out my button up pajamas and zip up hoodies so that I know what I already have and what I possibly need to buy. It is also the end of the semester and Finals Week. Think I'm studying these books? Hell no, I'm studying RealSelf LOL. Good luck to all my May Surgery Buddies! Xoxo

Today is the big day!

Hey dolls, about to head to the surgery center in a few. I stopped eating and drinking around midnight last night. Boy am I thirsty!! Lol....On another note Keyla's recovery house is great! I was so anxious on the flight to Miami knowing that I was going to be going solo to another state to get surgery. As soon as I got here I knew I made the right decision and was in good hands. I had read tons of reviews about her place but her and her staff really do take care of you like you are family! It's also good to be around other patients who are getting surgeries as well. It totally feels like a plastic surgery summer camp lol. On top of all of that Keyla is a great cook and her rates are one of the most affordable that I found. I'm def gonna miss being here once I go back home to Dallas. Will check in later after surgery :)

Surgery went well!

Surgery went well yesterday. I woke up with a lot of pressure and pain. The pain reliever and muscle relaxer definitely help with that. I've been sleeping well but waking up every few hours to take my pain medication every 4 hours. Whoever mentioned that a travel/u shaped neck pillow was a good thing to have was spot on! Yesterday ate some chicken soup, saltine crackers and fruit. Not much of an Apetite. I will try to take more pictures. I was kinda out of it when I took these lol.

3 days Post Op

Tight, swollen and sore. Gonna start wearing my band tomorrow to help them drop. Flew back to Dallas this morning. If you are traveling alone to get your surgery I recommend that you get wheelchair assistance. Basic things like walking and such can get you out of breath pretty quick.

Day 6 Post Op

Finally got out of the house today and went to Walmart. Mid trip I got very tired, chest was achy and was out of breath. I've taken all my pain relievers that my Doctor prescribed me so I picked up some Extra Strength Tylenol and that's been working pretty well. I also picked up some new cotton front close sports bras by Fruit Of the Loom. The bra that I was given after surgery was not cotton and was super itchy! Started drinking some prune juice today because I haven't used the bathroom since Monday :(

Front Close Sports Bra

Wanted a more comfy cotton bra and found this Fruit Of The Loom one at Walmart for $7.94

Took my steri strips off today

My PS advised me to take the tape off my incisions at 2 weeks post op if it didn't fall off by then. I'm one day early but my incisions have been itchy and I wanted them to get some air. I took the tape off after a nice and hot shower so I think that helped. My boobs are still tight and high but I am seeing some progress slowly but surely. I have been massaging once a day but have not been wearing my compression band. I hate that thing! I plan to wear it more after the holiday though. I wanted some of the swelling to go down first.

Almost 3 months post!

Hey ladies! Life with big boobs is great lol. Wanted to update you all as they have dropped nicely. On another note, guess who started doing BBL research? ;) Hope everyone is having a great summer! Xoxo
Miami Plastic Surgeon

The office staff moves very quickly at Spectrum but I did not feel rushed at all during my pre op consultation with Dr Ortega. I think that's most important. I am 1 week post op and I'm loving my results so far! I would definitely recommend him to a friend :)