New Body Alert

Whatever you wanna call it, I'm out to get it. I...

Whatever you wanna call it, I'm out to get it. I am one month out from something i have been researching for well over 3 years. I believe deep within that i have made the right choice. I'm not even nervous, just excited, so excited i can't sleep at night!!! The count down begins! I am 40 with a 20yo and a 3yo. I am 5'7 170lbs my BMI is 26.6

Massages

Sooo, after i have my surgery and get my massages by the massage therapist while in Miami, i was thinking about purchasing one of those hot and cold massagers for when i get home, has anyone used those post surgery????

Finally heard from spectrum

So i had been waiting patiently to hear from spectrum about my labs because i hadn't really heard anything since my deposit was placed. I get a call today from a young lady named Kyoky, she explained that after coordinators answer questions and take deposits then the case is usually handed over to her team and they are the ones to send lab requisition and that from here on out i can call her with any concerns, i explained to her that i didnt really have any concerns and that i just wanted to have everything i need on time so that there are no delays in my surgery because like everyone else i have taken off work. Long story short i got my lab req and im scheduled for Saturday. I havent had blood work in awhile so i hope my HGB is up to par, i figured i would just start taking some iron just in case....

My Lil Secret

I promise only 2 ppl that know me know whats going down on 5/10/16, my oldest daughter and my oldest niece. I dont need no judgers in the mix, they will see what has occured when i get back!! The countdown is, shit just got real, i got my labs done yesterday and i bought my flight a minute ago, so now its time to start getting everything i need to take, i am checking to see what i have here at home b4 i go purchase anything. I am so excited that i cant sleep, i have to take benadryl to get me some zzzzz's.....

Low Hemoglobin!!!

I knew this was going to happen!! This is why i was sweating them so hard for the lab papers. My HGB is 10.7, i need a 11.5 and i have an appt for medical clearance on Thurs so of course they want me to reschedule that so that he want decline medical clearance. So now i have to basically binge on the iron supplements they suggest so that i can redraw on 5/2 then go for medical clearance on 5/6 which is pushing it because surgery is supposed to be 5/10. But i will stay positive and do everything i can humanly possible to get the job done!! Suggestions??????

$78 later

So i just started my journey to raising this HGB that 1 point i need, the liquid iron didnt taste half as bad as i thought and the bottle says non-constipating but i know that tablet is gonna stop me up but i have a trick for that its called Casagara Sagrada and i will be sure to have it with me after surgery its a natural herb that causes no cramping what so ever, i have been using it for years, u can get it at the vitamin shoppe. I went ahead and got me Arnica and bromelain to. I am gonna do my due diligence on getting my HGB up, believe that!

Wish Pics

Im not sure why but i havent bothered looking for wish pics. I guess I should so that i won't end up with something someone else wanted me to have rather than what i was looking for! Im so excited the days are ticking down!! I am not buying another nothing until i get to Miami. I will get foam and boards when i get there and i will hold off on the 2nd stage garment..

Booty buddy

My Dr Miami booty buddy arrived today. I am not so sure that its going to provide the comfort i am looking for, it kind of presses in my thighs at the edges when i sit on it, but it definitely lifts you up off the butt so its gonna have to do. It seems to be made pretty sturdy though.

Labs Redrawn

Had my labs redrawn today. Nothing left to do but wait and see!! Need to get from 10.7 to 11.5. Took my supplements for approximately 14 days.

Hip hip Hooray!!!

Time to pay it forward.

Time i had to raise my Hemoglobin: 14d

Supplements i took: Vitamin C 500mg twice daily, Floradix iron+herbs 15ml twice daily, Iron 65mg=325mg ferrous sulfate twice daily, Iron complex 1 pill daily. I got everything from the Vitamin Shoppe except the iron 65mg, they only sell low dose iron, so i get it out of Wal-Mart.

Today i received my labs my Hemoglobin went from 10.7 to 11.9 in 14days.

I can now go to my Pcp to have medical clearance forms completed.
Im so close, im ready, now i can start packing my bag!!! Flight leaves on Monday at 7am!!!

I've been cleared

I have been cleared for surgery Tuesday. I just started packing my things this morning. I will leave on Monday morning. I'm ready, I'm so ready!! I'm ready to have a successful surgery, fight through the pain and make it back home to my babies. I am doing this for me and me alone, i know the pain is gonna be trying but i signed my own self up for this and God is gonna carry me through it!!

Happy Mother's Day

Most of us are on this blog due to having kids and trying to fix the toll they took on our bodies, it wasn't in vain we all know. They are the reason we celebrate Mother's Day. So i just wanted to take the time out to tell each one of you Happy Mother's Day and enjoy!!!

I'm here

Ok i arrived at Fort Lauderdale airport, took an uber to Spectrum $31.10. Sat down with the finance department, ladies if you are paying with your debit card make sure to raise your limit, i didnt so i was on the phone with the bank 30min but i got it all clear. They didnt give me my scripts because the doc hadn't signed them. My recovery home ride was there waiting for me, like 5 minutes from spectrum it was. I arrive at the recovery house (Karla) its nice and clean, they fed me cause i was starving. There's a few other girls in the house they are all postop. Right now im just waiting for spectrum to call with my surgery time so i can get mentally prepared. Im ready for it to be Thursday already!!

I made it!!!

I made it through. Thank God, i made it through. This has been harder then either of my births or any surgery I've ever encountered. I was mentally and emotionally ready but i must honestly say i was not physically prepared.
I started my adventure by staying at assistance for life (Karla), the first night in one of the houses was a lil shakey but i only stayed there one night, i went to spectrum the same day i arrived and payed my balance and then waited for their call with surgery time. Surgery time was 10:30am 5/10, i arrived at 9:45am, to say that clowns run Spectrum Aesthetics would be actually giving them a step up, i signed in at the desk and took a seat, so around 10:25am I hear one them say Alvarez is on his way did his patient make it here, the rest of the dummies said i don't know, so instantly my phone starts to ring, i walk up to the front and ask are you calling me, she said are scheduled with Dr Alvarez, i said yes, she said did u sign in, i said 45min ago yes, dummie didnt say anthing else. Anywho i go to the back to finally meet Alvarez, really nice guy, not in a rush, knows what he is doing, we talked for a while and got familiar, he then sent in Carlos the anesthesiologist, we talked for minute, i gaved him my expectations of a smooth intubation and extubation, 15 min after that lights were out, i woke up shivering like never before fully clothed including faja. Back to the recovery home, this home was very nice, i was greeted by Helen and Anita whom helped through a very rough night of dizziness and vomiting which lasted for approximately 2days, they nursed me back when i couldn't nurse myself and i am forever grateful to them. By 3rd day post op i was moving around better and it was time to fly back home. Let me tell you all Dr Miami booty buddy total waste of money, it was the most uncomfortable plane ride i have ever endured, it has also been useless these 2 days i have been home. Anywho the pain, the pain is the worst the first 2 days then it turns more into a soreness, the faja is uncomfortable as well especially with the board and foam in place but it feels better with it on than off due to the soreness. Overall the worse part of this entire ordeal is not being able to sit on your but, i am only 5 days in and i am about to go crazy, thats what i want to know from u ladies is when the hell will i be able to sit????? My booty looks really good, i havent took any photos because im waiting for the swelling and bruising to go away as i am light skinned and it looks as if someone jumped on me!! Other than that its a real physical challenge. Im tired if laying on my stomach already....

Recommended Essentials

When i stayed at the recovery home, this toilet topper made my life so easy, i came home an ordered one, its 4in thick from walmart for 19.99. This massager is helpful through the first few weeks, it helps move the fluid out and the heat application feels really good, it was 29.99 at Wal-Mart.

13 days Post-op Pics

I am now 13 days post op. It gets better everyday. Most of my bruising has gone away, i was unable to take the arnica pills, they gave me an upset stomach but i am still using the gel. I am still wearing the abdominal board but not the foam. I have transitioned to a new garment it doesn't have the zippers on the side so its more comfortable it keeps me from having to wear the foam. I am still not sitting on my butt, i use the bbl pillow to drive and i lay on my side and stomach to sleep. My stomach and back is still numb and lumpy in places, i am massaging in the shower and out of the shower. I also had my arms done, he didn't take much out cause he didnt want me to have excess skin, i am wearing ace bandages on them and i can definitely tell they were done but they still hurt. I started back to work today its rough cause i cant sit, but i will be transitioning myself to a bobby pillow by my 20th day post op, reading most of the MD responses to when u can sit on your butt post bbl most of them say after 2 weeks the fat survival should be there. My butt hasn't went down any, i forgot to ask how much was put in, hell i didnt have any so im happy. I haven't taken any pain meds since maybe my 5th day. Its not easy but I wouldn't take it back, I'm happy.
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon