Excited but Nervous - Miami, FL

I'm excited but a little nervous but I'm ready to...

I'm excited but a little nervous but I'm ready to see my new shape. I just want a little more shape, smaller waist and round tush, to what I already have. I have been working out and trying to eat healthier since I made this decision. I started at 182, I want to get to 170. I don't want to lose too much fat. After all the research I ended up booking with Dr. Salama. Thank you to the RS community for making my decision a little more easier to have this procedure done.

Getting ready

Hopefully I can get my medical clearance next week, I don't want to wait til last minute. Looking forward to my new shape.

I made it to the other side!

I made it to the other side. My surgery went well, which was s the easy part. Now I'm just focusing on my recovery. I walk around every couple hours, staying hydrated, and taking my meds. I'm healing up very nicely. I went for my first massage and took it like a champ, mind over matter lol. I'm not going to lie it hurt at times but I got through it with laughter. I'm looking forward to the day I can see my full results. I will post before and after pics once all the bandages come off and tubes come out.

Wanted More Shape

Dr. Salama did a great job. I'm very early in my recovery and I'm really l liking my results. The only thing I didn't like was that I didn't get my 2nd stage garment on time, but I got it a few days later. The first week was really painful but I got through it. The staff at the office is really great. They are so helpful with everything. Dr. Salama answered all my questions and concerns. I'm going to make sure I follow all post op instructions to make sure I get optimal results . I'm so glad I made this decision. Now I look forward to my new shape. I will post pics soon.

Feels good to be home.

I'm so glad to be home. I had to fly back with my front drain still in. I was going to stay until it came out but after Dr. Salama showed me how to remove it and told me how simple it was I felt comfortable with doing it myself. The plane ride started off ok, I was able to stand for most of the flight. Then we hit so much turbulence so I had to sit, it felt like we were constantly crashing. Long story short, I removed my drain once I got home and showered. It was very long inside me. It burned a little bit coming out but once out I was relieved. This recovery process takes a lot of patience.

Post op pics

I'm recovering very well. I been trying to follow all my post op instructions, so far so good.

More pics

12 days post op. I'm still sore, tender, and numb which I know is normal. I'm so looking forward to seeing my 6 month post op body.

2 weeks

I'm now 2 weeks post op and I must say getting here was no walk in the park. A couple days ago I wasn't feeling well. I had a fever, chills, and my heart was beating hard. I contacted the doctor and he told me that a fever is common after bbl and take some aspirin. I took some medicine and drank some Gatorade. My fever started to come down instantly, I was so happy. The next morning I checked my temp and it was normal. I'm feeling better thank God! Today I will start wearing my ab and lumbar board. I'm so ready for 6 months to get here, I have to remember patience.

2 months post op

I am 2 months post op and I stopped wearing my compression garment at 7 weeks post op. I replaced it with my waist cincher and ab board. I just stopped wearing it because it was making me sore. I started wearing regular body shapers from maidenform. This week I stopped wearing the body shapers. Yesterday my body started to feel tight around my waist, like I had on a stretchy waist band. When I lay or sit down I'm fine but when I go to get up it feels like pins and needles sticking me where I was lipoed. I'm still a little sore to touch in some places around my sides and slight skin sensitivity. My butt is just a little sore but it doesn't hurt too much when I sit, it's the getting up that hurts. I hope this is normal. I did a little workout today to try and help speed up the healing but it seems I'm feeling more pins and needles plus soreness now. Idk what's going on but I hope to be done with this healing soon.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Salama answered all my questions and concerns. He cares about his patients well being. He did a very good job in my body. He will be my go-to doc if I need anything else.