37, Mother of Two, Body Under Construction - Miami, FL

Initially intended to have my BBL done in the D.R....

Initially intended to have my BBL done in the D.R. with DR. Duran/Medina. They both seem to have very high ratings and great pictures with amazing results not to mention the prices for two procedures was about the cost of one procedure in the US. But ultimately I had to consider the complications after surgery and whether any US physicians would be able to address anything dealing with them. Plus my fiance was just not comfortable with me being out of the country for so long, they ask that you stay 15 days minimum after surgery otherwise they will make you sign a waiver that they are not responsible for any complications. So my Surgeon choice then became Dr. Valls of Vanity Cosmetics, which was short lived because after my quote and a prompt request of my deposit I called to ask where to send the deposit and they had changed the name to Eres. Which upon detailed research it appears they have several malpractice lawsuits and wrongful death claims against the previously named practice. That just was a little sketchy to me so I was like no way ...moving on. So I have settled on Dr. Mel Ortega of Spectrum Cosmetics, Stephanie is my coordinator and she is very helpful and prompt with responding via email or phone call. They were able to take my initial deposit over the phone via credit card and confirm my appointment date. What I was concerned about was that I was never sent a receipt or balance due confirmation which seemed a little troubling. IDK maybe I am a little doubtful from my experience with Vanity/Eres but I will reach out to Stephanie again to confirm that I am on the schedule. I am leaving some "Before" pics to show yall my beginning and I will follow up. I am currently 197lbs and 5'7" I am going to try to lose at least 35-40lbs before the surgery to insure satisfactory results. Good luck and good Health to you all.

Response from Scheduling Coordinator

Well after a email and a few calls I was finally able to speak with Stephanie to confirm my payment and get the surgery contract. I was also able to confirm that they do allow you to make several installment payments after your initial deposit is made which is great because I am a shop-aholic so once I get my direct deposit and that card is in my hot little hands I am shopping!!! So this allows me to just make the payment twice a month so that I wont have to scramble to come up with a lump-sum payment or carry all that cash at the time of the visit.

As I previously mentioned I am setting a goal to lose at least between 35-40lbs before the surgery. I have started by choosing to go with the HCG Diet food list. Now I am not taking any supplements at all. But I figured I needed a base plan to start with. So for the next 90 days I have cut out all dairy, bread, and pasta. The food list is as follows:

Protein Foods Allowed on the hCG Diet: 100 grams of one of the following at lunch and again at dinner:

veal
beef
chicken breast
fresh white fish
lobster
crab
shrimp

Vegetable Foods Allowed on the HCG Diet: One type of vegetable at lunch and one at dinner:

spinach

1 apple
1 orange
1 handful of strawberries
1/2 grapefruit

I do meal prep weekly that helps me to stay consistent and not over eat. I also do cardio training 30mins 3 days per week. This surgery is a big investment so I want to do as much as I can to insure I get the results I desire. I am not a surgery junkie so this is a means of creating curves that I was not blessed with and then maintaining them. I will give a progress report about my diet and weight loss every month to let you dolls know where I'm at and hopefully its motivation for those that have a few extra pounds to shed pre op.

weight update