37, Mother of Two, Body Under Construction - Miami, FL

Initially intended to have my BBL done in the D.R....

Initially intended to have my BBL done in the D.R. with DR. Duran/Medina. They both seem to have very high ratings and great pictures with amazing results not to mention the prices for two procedures was about the cost of one procedure in the US. But ultimately I had to consider the complications after surgery and whether any US physicians would be able to address anything dealing with them. Plus my fiance was just not comfortable with me being out of the country for so long, they ask that you stay 15 days minimum after surgery otherwise they will make you sign a waiver that they are not responsible for any complications. So my Surgeon choice then became Dr. Valls of Vanity Cosmetics, which was short lived because after my quote and a prompt request of my deposit I called to ask where to send the deposit and they had changed the name to Eres. Which upon detailed research it appears they have several malpractice lawsuits and wrongful death claims against the previously named practice. That just was a little sketchy to me so I was like no way ...moving on. So I have settled on Dr. Mel Ortega of Spectrum Cosmetics, Stephanie is my coordinator and she is very helpful and prompt with responding via email or phone call. They were able to take my initial deposit over the phone via credit card and confirm my appointment date. What I was concerned about was that I was never sent a receipt or balance due confirmation which seemed a little troubling. IDK maybe I am a little doubtful from my experience with Vanity/Eres but I will reach out to Stephanie again to confirm that I am on the schedule. I am leaving some "Before" pics to show yall my beginning and I will follow up. I am currently 197lbs and 5'7" I am going to try to lose at least 35-40lbs before the surgery to insure satisfactory results. Good luck and good Health to you all.

Response from Scheduling Coordinator

Well after a email and a few calls I was finally able to speak with Stephanie to confirm my payment and get the surgery contract. I was also able to confirm that they do allow you to make several installment payments after your initial deposit is made which is great because I am a shop-aholic so once I get my direct deposit and that card is in my hot little hands I am shopping!!! So this allows me to just make the payment twice a month so that I wont have to scramble to come up with a lump-sum payment or carry all that cash at the time of the visit.

As I previously mentioned I am setting a goal to lose at least between 35-40lbs before the surgery. I have started by choosing to go with the HCG Diet food list. Now I am not taking any supplements at all. But I figured I needed a base plan to start with. So for the next 90 days I have cut out all dairy, bread, and pasta. The food list is as follows:

Protein Foods Allowed on the hCG Diet: 100 grams of one of the following at lunch and again at dinner:

veal
beef
chicken breast
fresh white fish
lobster
crab
shrimp

Vegetable Foods Allowed on the HCG Diet: One type of vegetable at lunch and one at dinner:

spinach

1 apple
1 orange
1 handful of strawberries
1/2 grapefruit

I do meal prep weekly that helps me to stay consistent and not over eat. I also do cardio training 30mins 3 days per week. This surgery is a big investment so I want to do as much as I can to insure I get the results I desire. I am not a surgery junkie so this is a means of creating curves that I was not blessed with and then maintaining them. I will give a progress report about my diet and weight loss every month to let you dolls know where I'm at and hopefully its motivation for those that have a few extra pounds to shed pre op.

weight update

Start weight as of 11/3/2016 was 197lbs
Current weight as of 11/17/2016 is 193lbs

CRUNCH TIME

Time to kick it in gear....Im not gone lie them holidays hit hard ....all my family can cook and all my family can eat....I gained at least 9 lbs back after February smh. I know yall are disappointed in me ...because I sure am. I am back on the wagon and trying to commit to clean eating. I really want to have great results and half the battle is being within 10 pounds of your goal weight and I aint no where near my goal weight (170). I wont stop working toward it tho I am focused on losing as much as possible until its time to catch my flight.... the clock is ticking only 33 days left. sheesh. But another piece of motivation is my best friend is getting married yaaaaye! He just moved away over 6 months ago to Dallas, TX and is getting married July 7th. I gotta stay focused !!!

32 YEAR OLD WOMAN DIES AT SPECTRUM FROM BBL WITH DR RAMI GHURANI

I just heard on 3/09/2017 a young mother of two, died under the care of Dr. Rami Ghurani. My heart goes out to the Lewis family and I pray that this was not negligence. This has really opened my eyes to the fact that this is not a simple out patient procedure this is major surgery and we really need to consider the risks involved because we have family/friends that depend on us all. I am guilty of wanting a better figure but I don't want to risk my life for it. I pray god guides the hands of my surgeon and the surgeon's of the Dolls to be.

Supplies, Pre-Op, Labs, Time to pack!!

Well I have a good idea on what to pack thanks to all of the BBL Dolls B4 me. Since I am traveling from the Mid west and it is still winter here I will need to consider attire for the airport..... sweats and a hoodie sounds like a safe in-between. I have ordered a few cotton sundresses (4) that are dark in color i got them on ebay price ranging from $9-$12, I also got flip flops, and running shoes hopefully after day three I will be able to get out and enjoy the weather. I have of course my other traditional items robe, socks undies, etc. I will arrive on Sunday so I plan on getting other essentials once I arrive. such as toiletries, pet pads so I don't get kicked out of the hotel for bleeding everywhere, alcohol wipes and of course pineapple juice and low sodium snacks. I was told to start taking vitamins 60 days prior so I have folic acid, b12, iron, vitamin A, C. I am also planning to start a regimen of arnica pills 1 week prior. I was procrastinating on getting a boppy pillow honestly because they are so expensive sheesh so I had went on ebay, amazon, walmart, etc they all was $26-$32. I was like damn all that for a C shaped pillow wtf. So i concluded if I was going to pay that much let me see how much they want for the "official BBL pillow". On the website it showed $99 yikes!! So I went on amazon and saw it for $8.40 + 5.00 shping I was like that must be a typo but I don't ask questions when it comes to blessings. I added that thing to my cart so fast... I was just waiting on a email error saying item out of stock. But I got a confirmation email that the item has shipped so I will see if I get the real thing or not. I will leave a pic with the item I purchased I hope it was a great find but honestly when something is too good to be true it usually is. I recently got an email with the Pre-op Instructions as well as Lab paperwork so i will be doing my lab work right before I get my period next week just in-case. I usually keep a average to high hemoglobin even when i'm on my period tho. The last time I did blood work I was surprised my hemo was 12.2 and I was on my 2nd day of menstruating, tmi i know.