27 and Have Been Wanting This for a Looong Time - Miami, FL

Hello beauty warriors, I am not new to...

Hello beauty warriors, I am not new to this site and have debated on surgery for a couple of years. However, as of yesterday, I am recovering from my bbl procedure! I officially decided and started my research back in October. I had phone consultations with three different doctors, but my choice was clear when I decided on Dr Perez-Gurri. He was professional, extremely informative, and beyond friendly. I can't tell you enough of how impressed I was with him and his staff they were amazing. I read a lot of his reviews, and made the mistake of assuming I would heal as quickly as his other patients. I have had two breast reduction surgeries in the past and figured the bbl would be a walk in the park..... Nope. I cried on the way back to the Airbnb and was in pain for most of the night. Thankfully the office prescribed me sleeping pills which I'm taking full advantage of. None the less, I'm delighted to of have had the procedure performed and hope for a quick recovery!

The day after surgery

I'm pretty swollen and sore. Resting a LOT. Can't wait for the swelling to go down.

Here are my wish pics!

48 hours and get to shower

I'm so thankful I have my boyfriend down here with me. I'm getting a little discouraged with the whole process and having him here is keeping my hopes up. I don't have a whole lot of support and so I didn't share with my family that I was having this surgery done.
I had my first shower today since my surgery. I get a little light headed and nauseous when I stand for too long so I made it quick. Also, it worked out better if I used cold water.
When I looked down at my stomach I noticed a lump near the right side of my pelvis and I hope it's only temporary. I also think one of my cheeks has a flat spot and again hope it's not a big deal. My boyfriend is staying positive and reminding me it's only been two days and that I'm really swollen, but the only thing on my mind is how much I spent to come down to Miami and what my family is going to think when they find out I did this.
I just need/want positive vibes sent my way. :/

Lymphatic massage

Today, I had my first lymphatic massage (First one is complimentary with Imagos) and WOW is it rough! It's beneficial, but still, so rough!

Home and Recovering

Wednesday was my follow up appointment with Dr. Perez-Gurri, and he said everything looks wonderful, still swollen, but not as much as a week ago. Him and my coordinator, Monica, answered all of my questions and were extremely helpful!
I flew home Wednesday and was back to work on Thursday. I honestly can tell a major difference in just one week and happy I'm not as swollen.
The only bummer is that my incisions are healing and they are unbearably itchy!!
None the less! Staying positive!

4 weeks

4 weeks post surgery and new garment!
Miami Plastic Surgeon