29 Years Old Ready for Long Awaited Mommy Makeover - Miami, FL

Hi I am a 29 year old mom of 3. I was blessed with...

Hi I am a 29 year old mom of 3. I was blessed with a 12 year old boy, and 2 girls 9 and 5. I have wanted to do this since having my 5 year old. And now that i am 100% sure i am not having anymore children im ready to move forward. I chose doctor Ortega for a number of reasons. I love his results and the price is not bad either. My surgery date is March 4th. I am so nervous it still does not seem real. Anyway just wanted to introduce myself. Will keep everyone posted. If it was not for this site don't know where i would be. Thanks everyone for sharing your stories. The good, the bad, and the ugly.... it has helped me so much.

Before surgery pics!

Before surgery pics!!!

Not sure what to do!!!!

So i really was considering taking my husband and 3 kids with me when i go to have my sx. It will kinda be like a family vacation. Lol. I just want them with me they are my everything and i feel like they will give me strength in my recovery. But after doing some research there is no hotel that will accommodate my large family. Or it cost a arm and a leg. 3000-4000$ is alot. Thats 3000 dollars away from another mommy makeover. Lol. Dont know what i should do. Dont want to go alone. They are my support system.

Need info on good recovery houses.

So i checked to see if kayla had any space for the dates i will be in miami for my surgery and she has nothing available. I know i waited so long to look for something. And now im afraid i will not be able to find anything. Anybody know of any other good recovery houses please let me know. Thanks in advance.

FMLA for recovery?????

So i spoke with head of HR at my job about 6 months ago. Told her about what my plan was in march. Told her exactly what i was having done. I believe honesty is the best policy. So that way there wont be any surprises later. She said i should qualify for FMLA. But told me to call closer to the date of surgery. My surgery is 6 weeks away. So i called today... she gave me a number i had to call to open a new claim.. so im thinking, what new claim. Was not aware that it was a 50/50 chance. Or that my claim could be denied. I thought they just put it in a computer. I take 6 weeks off. And then return to work. not sure what to make of this. The lady i spoke with was really nice. She told me they would send me papers. I had to have my surgeon fill out. And get it back to them in 15 days. Has anyone else had to deal with this. I am beginning to get discouraged. Anyone with knowledge on this please let me know. Thanks in advance?

Taking off work after surgery????

So i reached out to a few ladies here on realself to see how they went about taking a leave from work after surgery. Also put up a post on my profile about anyone who applied for FMLA. I did not get not one response. So now im wondering.... how do someone take a leave such as this, take proper time off work to recover and still have a job. I just need a little guidance. I filed a claim for FMLA. But after contacting lizbeth, she told me they dont fill out those. Any of you ladies work and is taking more than 2weeks off. PLEASE let me know. That will not be enough time for me. I know me. I only have two weeks pto. Any info will be appreciated.

Change of plans!

So ladys plans have changed. So has my surgery date. I was so upset at first. But i believe everything happens for a reason. Im having my surgery on the 22nd of april. Contacted lizbeth, and assistance4life to make the changes. So now it gives me more time to prepare. I dont feel rushed. Because honestly i was not even close to ready. But i went out got my luggage tags & locks so i can lock up my suitcase. I bought cute leopard print luggage on wheels. Zip up hoodies. Thin ones. A bunch of socks because i cant sleep without them. Still need to get alot. But now i feel like i have time to do it. I even put down a deposit for my stay at recovery house. I feel like this is a blessing in disguise. Im trying to remain positive. I would have loved to go in march but i cant. So im going to take the extra time to cross my T's and fot my i's. To all the ladies that will be going in the next month, i wish you ladies all the best. I will definetly continue to follow your journey. Xoxoxoxo.

It's been a while, ready to pick up where I left off!

So as most can already figure out I did not have my surgery. Honestly was not sure I even wanted to update my review. My plan was to just have my surgery and share my experience after. But I don't want to go threw this without the support from realself and the ladies that have already experienced what I'm about to. So a little update. Early this year I had a few personal things occur which put my surgery on hold. Around this time last year I decide to quit smoking so I could get the best results possible. So we all know what happens when you quit smoking....thats right you eat. So with that being said, I did gain a few pounds. October 20th is a year since I quit. And I gained 30 pounds. Aaahhhh. I know. So now I'm trying to loose it before my surgery. I will also be needing an extended Tummy tuck. Still getting a lift with silicone implants. Will upload new pics soon. So here I go again. This time nothing is standing in my way! I'm back!

My coordinator seems to busy for me!

I still have the same coordinator from last time. However it seemed like last time she was more attentive. I guess you can say I'm afraid that something will happen to make my surgery get re-schedule again. So I just want to make sure everything is in line and moving along. But when I can barely reach my coordinator, I feel some type of way. I left messages and a email. Just asking did she received a paper I faxed. Just a simple yes or no. It's to much to ask. But anyway super excited....again... Lol my price did go up a little also. 600$ more. But that's OK. I am nervous I just feel like something will go wrong like last time. But anyhow I need to remain positive...

140 days!

My surgery date is February 20th. That is on Monday. Have any of you ladies had surgery on a Monday. Because I'm wondering what a hectic day that will be. To have to make final payment, and do paperwork, and get meds filled and have surgery all in the same day. Talk about stress before surgery. I'm also thinking about getting a apartment to stay off of airbnb. I'm just so nervous because of what happened to me last time. Don't want to loose my money again. I lost my deposit for the surgery as well as the recovery house. That sucked. Don't want to do that again. Any way 140 days. It seems so close yet so far.

11 pounds down!

So I have lost 11 pounds in less than a month. So proud of myself. I was contemplating whether I should keep updating, even though no one is responding or commenting. But this is for me, so I can look back and remember my journey. So yeah about 131 days and another 10-14 pounds. Don't want to loose all thirty pounds I gained. I like having some curves. And so does my husband! Lol

119 days!

So I have 119 days till my mommy makeover. Time seems to drag. I really want it to speed up. So anxious. I am down a total of 13 pounds. That is huge progress, did not think I could do it. Anyway. Come on February....
Miami Plastic Surgeon