22 Yrs Ols 32J, Going for This All Alone- Parents Disapprove! - Aventura, FL

Hello Hello~ Im 22 years ols, 139 lbs, 5'5, and...

Hello Hello~ Im 22 years ols, 139 lbs, 5'5, and have no kids. My breast started growing when I was 10 and almost immediately sagged. by the time I was 13 I was able to fit my mother 36DD playtex bras. I was starting to get comments from boys and one commented that my breast were saggy:(. At 15 I could no longer fit typical store bras and had to go to a Russsian boutique and fitted at 34G. At 19 I finally stopped growing and rested at a big , saggy 32J. I absolute hate my breast, the appearance, yhe shoulder pain, neck stiffness, bra bruising, etc. I hate them so much I feel my mental state is declining into dangerous territory. I occasionally think abut hurting myself, I think about taking a sharp knife out of my kitchen and cutting my breast off and just going into the emergency room and have them stitch me up. I thought mutilating myself would be better than having them. But I love myself too much and dont want to hurt myself. I tried losing weight though i was really overweight, I went from 155lbs to 129lbs and my breast only dropped one cup to a 32I. At 129lbs your could see the out line of my ribs so I know its not something that can be solved with weight loss. So why havent I gotten a BR? Because my parents (who I live with) firmly disapprove. They are very scared and paranoid of doctors. They tell me that because I have obamacare that Molina Healthcare (my insurance) is going to send me to a bad doctor who doesnt know what he's doing and is going to mess me up. One time I went to my primary physician for my annual physical and he ordered routine labs with a CBC (complete blood count), can you believe my parents were against me getting a blood draw? They said "they are going to inject you with an illness to send to you to the hospital! Once these people see you have insurance they will do anything to get your insurance to pay them" Or "they are going to sell your blood!". They are also afraid that I wont be able to breastfeed if i have children but i dont even want kids nor do I have a man sooooo.....Yeah they are pretty extreme and super tinfoil hatted. But because I was young and didnt wan to upset them I went 4 years with these breast (initial proposed the idea to them when I was 18). But I finally have an insurance willing to cover 90%. I feel like this year is my year. I want a BR this year. the timing is perfect. Im about to enter into the Nursing program either in January or May. The program is intense and expensive and when I get out of school Im going to have to hit the ground running for work to pay off the loan. And there's no guarantee that my future hospital insurance will cover this procedure. right now my bills are small and i have insurance. Im only concerned about having enough money to pay for my 10% if I get approved and I would like to take a month or two off of work to heal. Its going to take quite a bit of money that my parents will definitely not help me with. I was thinking to start a GoFundMe but I dont think anyone would care....

So thats my story! Im scared and all alone so I need some support. Im going to make my first call to set up a consultation today. There are 4 doctors in Miami within my network but because Miami is a nearly 2 hour drive from me I might only be able to consult with one or two of them. the funny things is they all do procedures at the same hospital so it would be awesome to consult all in one day but because they have different offices its not possible. So any tips, advice, and plenty of encouragement are welcome!

So im down to 3 doctors. One of them, Dr. Zaydon didnt work with my specific obamacare insurance. I called the only female surgeon on my list but her staff said they wont be doing consultations until the 3rd week of August. Then down to 2 surgeons. They are in the same office but different days, darn. The office is alot closer than the hospital they do surgery at, its about an hour drive .One of them i cant see until August (what the heck is going on in August?!), so I called to set up an appointment with the other doctor, Dr. Levine, and they wamted to see me this Friday! I was like woah, i need time to process these lol. So i set it up for next week wednesday at 12pm. Im super excited!

One consult down, 1 to go!

Hey ladies! I had my first consultation today and it went really well. I arrived there nervous as heck. A lady led me into the room and made me remove my clothes and wear a blue gown. Soon afterwards Dr. Jason E. levine came in and spoke with me. He explained a few things and went through he risks and proceeded to take pictures for my insurance and to take measurements. He said he can probably take off about 700 grams. I had a long list of questions on paper and I handed it to him. He answered all of it. He's not board certified because he's new to the practice, he said he's board eligible. He's only done 10 reductions! that was a huge no for me, i need someone with more experience. He uses dis solvable sutures which i didnt like because it seemed like alot of the wound break down and complications i see here are from people who had dissolvable stitches. He also didnt seem like he was confident enough to make my breast a nice C cup and he kept mentioning how difficult it is to get them even. I wont be going to this surgeon. But there is another surgeon there that I was planning to visit anyways, he's the one in my last post that I said wasnt available until august. Staff said it was because he was in high demand. He's very decorated, has FACS and MD after his name, over 20 years of experience. I set up an appointment with him for August 4th. But dr. Jason and his staff told me that i have a very high chance of being approved and that my insurance is usually quite cooperative. They said my BMI is good and i have alot of the symptoms the insurance looks for. The lady at the front desk it sending my info to my insurance and said she should hear a response in 1-2 weeks.
Thank you all for you question suggestions! I wrote them all down and whipped it out in the office. Some of the questions you guys told me to ask I wouldnt have even thought of ( type of sutures, board certification I assumed all surgeons were board certified, how even can he make them, etc), but those questions were very good and lead me to make the decision not to go with him. Im nervously waiting to see what my insurance says...

Consultation #2

Hey Ladies,
So yesterday I had the second consultation with Dr. Yoav. It went okay. He spoke to me about the risks and how he would do things. He told me what I expected -that my breast were unusually saggy for someone my age with no kids. He said that I had very little volume and alot of skin. He said my problem was more from sagging and not so much from size but that I can still benefit from a reduction. Me and him saw eye-to-eye on aesthetics. I was worried that since I have no volume that if i was to get a reduction, my reduced breast would look deflated and lack perkiness. Where my breast mound is supposed to me (that upper part that makes the cleavage) is lacks so much volume that without a bra you can see my ribcage. its really skin over my ribcage with no fat. He told me that he plans to inject some of my breast fat into the mound area to give volume, also he's going to use this thing call Ultrapro mesh. The ultrapro mesh is going to be like an internal push up bra, its partially absorbed by the body but the rest remains and gives internal lift and support because my breast and skin are too saggy to do it on its own. I was really impressed by the fact that he wasnt just about reducing but actually cared about how I would look afterwards. He said since I have so much skin but not that much volume he would only really need to remove approximately 300 grams- a huge difference from Dr. Jason who said 700 grams. Thats the only part that seemed to worry him. He was saying that since its only 300 grams my insurance may not think its necessary but that I should call and see what their criteria is. He took some pictures and I spoke to a lady at the front desk. She said if my insurance doesnt cover it that it would be about 8,000 out of pocket. The doctor and the lady seemed like they felt the insurance wasnt going to cover the small amount but wanted me to try anyways. I left feeling like I really wanted him to do my surgery but I was alot more uncertain about my insurance coverage than I was with Dr. Jason. I dont know why their estimates were so far apart.
So when I got to my car I immediately called my insurance and asked for their criteria regarding beast reductions and what is the minimum grams needed to remove. The insurance told me that there is no criteria and that the doctor just needs to show that its medically necessary. She said they dont have any set minimum amount of grams to be removed, it all depends. I was relieved to hear that and I hope they consider me medically necessary. I asked about the approval from dr. JAson and she said they just got it on the 2nd, i dont know how that happened because i did the consult July 13th. But she said I'll get a response soon since they want to schedule it for august 11th. I was thinking "woah, august 11th, i dont think so thats way too soon" but i didnt say anything.
So my question is if my insurance approves me for my first consult with Jason, does that mean I can go to any of the two? Or does Yoav have to be approved too?

I got approved!

Ahhhhhh!! I'm so excited. So this morning the surgeon's office called me and informed me that I was approved for surgery and I have until September 9th to get it done or redo the whole authorization process. I'm so stoked! I honestly believed that I would get rejected. I'm so used to everything going wrong for me. I asked the lady if I can do surgery with Dr. Yoav and she said either one is fine since they are both under Molina. But I'm going to call my insurance to make sure that I can go to Dr. Yoav. Now I have a 10% copay that is due after surgery. The office is going to call me later and give me a quote for how much the surgery is so I can be prepared. I'm thinking September 1st would be a nice date but I need to see what is available. It's best because I start college classes on September 19th. Getting it done before school will allow me time to heal enough to drive to school and not be too woozy to study. I can just sit home and relax. After I have all my ducks in a row I'll tell my parents that I'm getting it done.

Date set !

So I informed my parents that I'm going forward with this. They we're still worried and told me what ever happens is on me and we're still trying to convince me not to do it. Whatever. So I called the PS office and got a date set for September 21st! It's much later than I had anticipated and school would have already started but oh well. The post op appointment is September 15th. They want me to get medical clearance from my primary so I set an appointment for September 1st. I'm so excited to get the ball rolling. Can't wait to be on the other side.

Prepping myself

So Surgery is a little more than 3=4 weeks away. Im physically prepping myself to be in tip top shape to minimize any possible complications.
Ive lost even more weight, im current 135. I want to lose about 10 more pounds and be at or near 125 at surgery day. Reason being is that I really want to be a C cup, i dont want to lose weight after surgery and become a B. Also once my big boobs are gone my 32 inch gut will say hello to the world. I definitely want to get that down to 28 inches so I dont have a pot belly after surgery.
Im consistently taking a multivitamin, iron, and Folic acid supplements. Im slightly anemic and I asked Dr. Yoav if that will cause any complications for surgery and he said no. But just to be on the safe side Im taking iron supplements to get my number perfect. The folic acid is something my hemotologist prescribed to me because I have a blood condition called Alpha thallasemia that makes it a bit difficult for my body to produce healthy hemoglobin. Im drinking alot of water and doing exercises to keep healthy.
Im avoid any new medications. My dermatologist prescribed Doxycyline last week for my acne but I wont take it. I dont know how it may or may not react during surgery. I'll stop my acne face creams (retin a) about a week or 2 before surgery. I dont care if they say its okay. I want to be the picture of health when the day comes.

T minus 30 days

well 29 now that its midnight. So i gave my insurance a call and they said they do cover home health services but it must be authorized by my doctor. Molina has been surprising me, they are so lenient I love it. More well known insurances are so picky and strict but Molina has been a total breeze im grateful to have them. They pretty much okay everything as long as a doctor signs off on it. I used to have medicaid and Humana and both were strict.
I got a terrible tension headache today that was almost completely relieved when I cut my grocery shopping trip short, ran home and flung off my bra. Sigh. 29 more days, 29 more days. Oh and this lovely heat rash under my boobs. Ah, big breast and Florida heat gotta love it.
I asked my sister in law if she can drive me on surgery day and she said yes so thats good, i have a ride now. But i'll still get the home health aide because she doesnt live with us and has 2 young kids. Everyone except my parents have been pretty supportive about my decision. its like "im getting a reduction", them "Why- *looks down at huge tits* when?" Lol. I cant wait to be on the other side. My doctors appointment for medical clearance is September 1st so I probably wont update until then. But I want to add more pictures for memory sake, pictures with clothes on and different dresses.

T-minus 10 days!

whew~ surgery day is fast approaching and things are getting real. Im currently 136 pounds and thats probably as low as im going to get for surgery. I wanted to be lower but I dont want to try and crazy diet before surgery. Pre-op appointment is on Thursday and im a bit worried. So i went to my primary for my medical clearance appointment. He did and EKG on me, asked me a few questions then sent me for a blood test. I was pretty confident that my numbers would be good. But I forgot one thing, my period ended 2 days before my blood test. My periods are very heavy. Ive been consistently taking Iron and multivitamins for over 2 months. So when my blood test results came back I was shocked to see my iron levels and hemoglobin were low. Thats when I remembered that my period just ended. I dont know how this will effect the surgery, Im sure my levels would have been higher if i had waited a while after my period or even before my period. I h=guess I'll just have to tell my surgeon that my period recently ended when I did that test. Anyways, yeah pre-op is thursday. Im excited to know what prep I should be doing. Im trying to keep a little money on the side to buy things that they suggest like maybe gauze, sports bra, etc. I plan to buy a couple cheap button up shirts for surgery day and after surgery so its easier for me to wear. I plan on buying a few front zip sports bras but i'll wait until the pre-op appointment to know what size to get.
Ive already informed my jobs that Im going to have surgery and wont be able to work. They've already given my shifts to other people. One job I wont be returning to because its crappy anyways and involes lifting 100+ lbs clients daily. the other one was nice. I work with an old lady who is very independent and involves no lifting. It would be the perfect recovery case but its not enough hours. It works for me now because I just need money to cover my bills while recovering. but im trying to take some nursing pre-req classes in January so I need more money.
As far as money goes, im straight for now. I have 2 bill cycles. One around the 25th where I pay my car, health insurance, and dog medicine. The next cycle is around the 10th which is car insurance, phoe bill, and credit card if i have a balance. so since surgery is on the 21st, im trying to pay Septembers 25th and October 10th bill cycles. So I will be worry free until October's 25th bill cycle. I just need to stop buying ice cream and croissants right now and save lol.
hmm, what else.... My sister in law is still on board to be with me on surgery day so thats good. thats all. So here are a few pics of my in a regular shirt. my boobs look massive as usual. Might take a pic in a dress, might. Im just lazy...

T- minus 7 days!!! Pre-op appointment today!

Heyyy ladies~ so im exactly 7 days from Br day and the nerves are kicking in. Last night i had 4 dreams about the surgery. Ive never dreamed about it before. Maybe because today is pre-op day?? ugh, i had a rough night of tossing and turning and worrying. this week will be rough because my anxiety will go up the closer I get to OP day.

So today is pre-op day. My appointment is at 3:45pm. I'll leave my house at 1:45pm since its an 1 1/2 drive. Plus I want to put air in my tires just to be safe. I filled my tank on tuesday at Costco so im good. Im excited to go and see what the plan is. Once again i have a sheet of paper with questions on it, but much shorter than my first list. So I would like your suggestions on what I should ask for pre-op? Quick ladies I have a few hours! thanks for your help.

Change of plans, new surgeon new date!

ughhhh. So pre-op today did not go as smoothly as planned. I left my house, put air in my tires and set out for the office. took and hour and a half as expected. I get there, wait a while then they let me in the office and made me change into a robe. So im sitting there for an unusually long time. In comes the office secretary and she starts talking about surgeon number one- Jason Levine. Im sitting there like.. why are we talking about him? Then she drops a bomb on me, that my insurance does not cover Yoav because what he plans to do is too cosmetic but they will cover Jason. I was soooo annoyed. Im pissed because I asked this same exact lady if my insurance will cover Yoav even though they approved Jason and they have two different plans. She assured me that since they are both in my network that they are both approved. So with that i never bothered to call and check if yoav was approved. Now a week before surgery you tell me I cant go with him?? I understand why the insurance wont cover Yoav- he wants to do a lift instead of a reduction, use an internal push up, and inject fat into my cleavage. Im sure the results would have beautiful but yes it is very cosmetic. I asked if he would just do a reduction and the lady said no, he feels i need a lift. So I decided to go with Jason. Jason is not in all next week so I would have to do it the following week She wanted me to do it on Monday the 26th and I was like what about the pre-op? She says "oh, you can do that at the hospital the day of". That didnt sound right to me. How will I know what to do pre-op? what to bathe with. medication, buying supplies and sports bras? She told me I can ask my primary about that.I said I want to have my meds before the surgery and need instructions on what to do the night before. She again tells me to contact me primary. At this point this ditsy moron is annoying me. I said "no i want a pre-op" so she changed it to 26th pre-op. and 27th surgery. Im annoyed that I told my jobs I wasnt coming in, prepared my heart for the 21st, wasted my time driving down there for nothing. The least she could have done was call me to let me know yoav would not be able to do it. So Im 12 days post op and I have to play the waiting game all over again. Im so nervous I just want to get it over with already! Oh and I told her my period might come next week and she told me i cant take anything because it might increase my bleeding. Im like "I cant use anything?? My period cramps are really bad" she says no i cant use anything and that maybe I should try something natural. Im so done with her because i know its bull****. I cant get through my period with out some type of med. I'll call the office sometime next week when I feel my period coming and see if i can speak directly with Jason and see what he says.

So this morning the hospital calls me. Its a nurse who wants to update my medical chart for surgery day. She was very nice. She asked me alot if questions about my medical history. Then she briefly told me what i shoukd stop taking 7-10 days before surgery. Surprisingly she told me to stop taking my multivitamins but i can continue the folic acid and iron. I wont continue the iron though because it constipates me something fierce. I took the opportunity to ask her about my period. I told her my period my come sometime next week and if there was anything I can take for pain, she immediately told me I can take Tylenol but avoid anything else. I was so relieved! That moron at the office said i couldn't take anything at all. I told the nurse that my periods are long, about 6 days, and if there was a time that i should discontinue the Tylenol. She said no, i can take it even the day before surgery. She then instructed me that the day before surgery i cant eat after midnight but i can drink clear fluids up until 2 hours before surgery. I have to shower and wash my hair with regular soap then wash again with Dial antibacterial soap. In the morning i have to shower again with Dial. No lotion, perfume, deodorant,etc. She said the hospital will call again the day before surgery and give me more instructions.

Tomorrow is the big day!

I can't believe it's finally so close. Tomorrow is the big day and I'm so excited. I had a surprisingly good night sleep last night. Usually when I'm nervous or stressed sleep goes right out the window. I don't expect to sleep tonight. I'll be too nervous. So today is the pre-op at 2:30 so I'll leave my house at 12:45-1:00. I'm debating whether I should do good shopping before or after. I'll more than likely do it after wards. I won't get back home until maybe 5 and I have somewhere to go at 7. I'm plan to go to Walmart and that's 24/7 so I can go anytime. I just have a few things to do before pre-op. I'm super excited and calm. It hasn't really hit me yet. I think I will get the jitters tomorrow on the way there. Or maybe I won't jitter at all.
Yeah so about those pics. They most likely won't happen. I just realized that my reluctance to take before pics is because I won't miss them. My breast aren't something I would care to remember. I might take some pics of the markings though

sigh, surgery postponed...

im so bummed. So my surgery got cancelled. This morning I called the office to make sure every thing is okay and that i could come. Of course that annoying office said "sure~" . I went to the pre-op and went into the office. Immediately I knew something was off because I went into the room and the woman didnt give me a robe to change into. Within 1 minute dr. Jason came in with another lady. He then tells me exactly what I was worried about. That my iron levels from My bloodwork a few weeks ago was too low for surgery. I am so devastated. He said it will be too risky to have surgery because more than likely I would need a blood transfusion because of my low iron. He said to speak to a hematologist and try to get my levels normal, send the labs to him and surgery can be scheduled again. im so disappointed i feel like crying. Again im annoyed with the office for not simply telling me this over the phone even though i called ahead of time so this exact situation wouldnt happen. i had my heart set on tomorrow and made so many preparations. im glad i listened to my instincts and didnt do to much and go shopping earlier and waste my money. Im irritated because I tried everything to get my levels up, Ive been taking iron for three months with no improvement. Back in June I went to a Hematologist and told him I wanted a iron infusion because pills make me constipated and dont really work for me. He still wanted me to try the pills again and come back in 3 months and if in 3 months i see no improvement then he'll give me an infusion. My appointment is October 5th. But i doubt I'll get an infusion that day, doctors around here are always so slow and they want you to come back in 2 weeks to do it. So currently I have no idea when Im going to have surgery. everything is up in the air right now. The good thing about Jason levine is that they schedule very quickly so when i get my levels fixed it wont take long to schedule surgery.
So now I have to find work again and check if I have to get reauthorized because i was authorized in August but It nearly October. Sigh. I was really hoping to be on the other side by this time tomorrow. I feel like crying.

So, after sulking for a day or two I jumped into action again. Since June i already had a hematologist appointment for October 5th so im excited to go. Im going to damn near pass out in the office and insist on an iron infusion lol. Ill stress how important this surgery is and i need my iron up. since last week ive been greatly increasing my iron intake from 1 pill daily to 6 with 2,500 mg of vitamin C for enhanced absorption. IDK how long it takes to increase iron in the body and i dont know if my efforts are futile but its worth a shot. So either my iron levels will miraculously be okay or i will need an infusion. Also I decided to get off the last ten pounds so I wont have to lose much after surgery. I want to be a C cup but if i lose weight ill drop to a B. So i rather be at my goal weight before surgery.
I rescheduled the surgery for november 7th, pre-op November 4th. I did this as a sort of place holder. If all goes well then I'll do it and if not I'll cancel. So i also have to redo my medical clearance visit, thats on the 12th. I called the surgeon office and asked if I had to resend an pre-authorization since the first one is from August... of course the airhead told me no that she'll extend it. But fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. So I said okay but really in my head said screw you. She's burned me too many times. I of course called my insurance and asked and yep, this authorization ends on October 9th!!! They said just tell the surgeon office to resend the request but mark it as Urgent and it should be approved by november. Im going to start going by instinct and stop listening to that woman at the office. I would have been disappointed a 3rd time if I went to pre-op November 4th just to be told "woops your authorization is expired". Grrr.
Also for my anemia Im planning to significantly reduce my period flow this month. For the past 3 months it has gotten much heavier (i have a GYN appointment on the 6th to figure that out) but im taking red raspberry leaf tea, red clover pills, and Yarrow root pills starting from now. I will increase it when my period comes. Ive heard these pills are potent and are capable of reducing 2-3 week long periods to just 1.5 days with light flow. Thats what im shooting for. To reduce the bleeding so my iron levels wont be impacted.