39yr Old Mother of 4. Scheduled a Mommy Makeover! - Miami, FL

Now that my surgery is only 22 days away. I've...

Now that my surgery is only 22 days away. I've gone from reading all your great posts to wanting to document my own experience. I'm getting a tummy tuck, breast lift and implant replacement. I had 2 kids post breast implant. I have Dr Stephanie Stover and haven't met her in person yet. I live in New Orleans and my only communication was with my surgery coordinator Anabel. I got most of my impressions from other real selfers that used her. She apparently has a great bedside manner and extremely detail oriented, which makes me excited. (My friend used another doctor in the office and her nipples were uneven and one was larger than the other) My emails with my surgery coordinator were immediate while I was thinking of becoming a client and paying my deposit. I feel it's been really hard to get responses now that it's crunch time. I've had a few emails go unanswered for 7 days now and another hasn't been answered at all. I have some pre surgery questions, and I know they are busy, but it makes me a little worried that I'm not getting them fully answered. I'm willing to just wait and ask the doctor myself but one of the requirements is a breast ultrasound and I have no clue if I need to find someone to do it or if it's included in my surgery. Since I have already paid for nonrefundable airfare ticket, nonrefundable hotel rooms, rental car, time off work and the surgery it's self. I really can't afford to show up in Miami the day before my surgery to find out I can't do the surgery because something wasn't done on my end. Otherwise I'm still fully confident in the physicians quality. Everyone I messaged said she is worth it.

Got all my questions answered.

Today my surgical coordinator, Anabel, called me. I was able to get all my questions answered and now I feel completely less stressed. I never want to be the pain in the ass client, I'm so laid back its not even funny, but I start to get nervous without information. I know they don't just sit around all day doing nothing, and I'm a business owner too, so I know it's hard to get back immediately. Guess I should have been a little more patient. Lol

2 weeks pre surgery.

I am 2 weeks out and starting the prep for a good recovery. I got a lymphatic drain massage, bought arnica and bromine, all of my loose clothing and dos all my bloodwork and medical clearance. I found a great webpage that gives you the ins and outs of how to prepare for surgery and what to avoid to help you recover from anesthesia and the surgery well. I have literally been using it as a guide to prepare and feel it's extremely informative.

Arrived in Miami

I arrived in Miami yesterday with my husband and mother. I checked into my hotel and set up my wheelchair rental. I don't want the people in my hotel to see me walked in all drugged out. So I got a wheelchair, big floppy hat and glasses. Going incognito. Lol my meet this morning is my pre op meet. I have to say the doctors office isn't what I expected. It's very bright, clean and inviting. I saw a comment about it being an all day wait to see the doctor and it's like a cattle call, so I expected that, but it was nothing like that. It was just like any other normal doctors office. So please take remarks like that with a grain of salt. Now for Doctor Stover. If I could take her home with me I would! Her personality is amazing!!! I'd heard of her attention to detail and after only three minutes with her you can see it. She is extremely thorough, sweet, laid-back and very very professional. I felt completely safe with her. So did my husband and mother. I went from a frazzled mess this past week, to completely calm just from my meet with her. I can't wait for my surgery tomorrow.

The office.

Clean, happy faces. Very inviting staff and great personalities.

The office

Surgery is done!

I am only 3 hours post surgery so if some of this doesn't make sense I'm sorry. Still have a lot of drugs in my system. I went to the surgical center this morning at 9 am as planned and was taken back almost immediately. I was her second surgery of the day so we were alone in the waiting room. They did before photos, then let my husband come back so he could take some before photos for me too. Again, all the staff is so sweet! Dr Stover is just an amazing woman. So personable and gentle. I'll honestly never go to anyone else for plastic. I got out around 3 so be prepared to have your friends/family bring a book if they stay. I'm hurting but it's not unbearable. I'm getting up and down but needing some assistance. I'm having some wound oozing and slight bleeding but nothing crazy. I go back tomorrow at 10 am for post check up.

Day after surgery.

My surgery was yesterday. I took my last pain pill at 7:30 am and am doing ok 4.5 hours later. Last night I needed to take my pain pills every 3.5 hours because I couldn't wait the full 4 hours. If this is the worst of the pain, then I won't need to take anymore pain medication. I guess the next few hours will tell. I am also getting the first of my lymphatic massages here at the clinic. I anticipate it hurting like hell since every touch hurts. I got to see my dressings today, had to have them changed here at the doctors office. All in all I'm getting up and down pretty well.

2 days post op.

So far so good! I'm up and around well. I'm still having some aches and pains. Nothing unbearable. I have Tylenol 3 for during the day and Percocet for at night. I can't wait to quit the pain meds all together. They make me feel funky. My wounds are drawing well and swelling is minimal. Headed to my second lymphatic massage now.

2 days post op cont...

I finally got a shower. Made a world of difference! Big kiddos to my girlfriends for cleaning my stinky ass. My lymphatic massage I got earlier hurt like hell but I definitely felt better after. Took a nap after because I was hurting so bad. But I woke up ready to go out to eat. So far day two is good. I feel I have minimal bruising and minimal swelling. My breasts need to drop but that's normal and expected.

3 days post op.

Woke up doing great today. Haven't needed any pain medication. Only feel sore, like a hard work out, no pain. I'm itchy but that's a part of the healing process. Feeling really excited about my outcome.

6 days post op.

I just had my follow up appointment. I'm healing great and getting around good. I've been off the pain meds for a few days now. Feeling sore but overall great. My bruises are minimal and I had one drain pulled today in addition to the retention sutures being removed. Pulling the drain didn't hurt at all. It was a weird sensation but painless. All in all I'm 1 million percent satisfied with everything! My scars are beautiful and healing well. My care was top notch! I just can even begin to say how happy I am with my results. Dr Stephanie Stover is amazing!

I absolutely loved Dr Stover and my results. She...

I absolutely loved Dr Stover and my results. She listened to all of my concerns and did everything I asked for! My results are amazing! My belly button is flawless, my symmetry is perfect and my scars are so small they are barely noticeable 4 weeks out. I traveled from New Orleans to have her as my physician and I'm so glad I did!

I'm hardheaded and got a seroma.

After repeatedly being told to slow down my activity, I ended up with a seroma. It was definitely not a complication because of my surgeon. My surgery was perfect. My incisions are perfect. I had to have it aspirated with a needle three times and am now going to have a seromacath drain put in because I would rather go ahead and get it over with.

Seromacath placed at week 3.

I had a seromacath placed after three weeks. I kept it in place for two solid weeks. I had it removed four days ago and today feel there is a small amount of fluid, but not very noticeable. Hopefully it's something my body will absorb on it's own at this point.
Miami Plastic Surgeon

She is calming and easy to feel comfortable with. I felt at ease the moment I met her!