41 YR Old Mom of 3 about to become a Robles Barbie! - Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Hi Dolls and Gents! I'm a 41 YR Old mom of 3 (24,...

Hi Dolls and Gents!
I'm a 41 YR Old mom of 3 (24, 15, 11 - yes I was young with the 1st one :-) and my husband and I do everything together...including having plastic surgery :-) Crazy right?!?! As I type this, he says, don't mention his surgery :-) I can only talk about my surgery...he is such a party pooper (ssshhh...he is having Rhinoplasty)!!! I am having a BBL with lipo from arm, abs/flanks, lower back, and outer thighs. I am still undecided if I will include inner thighs. The multiple areas are because I am only 5'2" and 118 lbs so I need to ensure the Dr. can get enough fat to give me the projection I want. I'm not looking for a Kim K or Nikki M booty, just want the bottom area "tooted up" and the "S" curve in the lower back area. From my pics you can see I have a decent shape/curve and booty, just need a bit more definition that has declined from kids and genetics :-)

We have chosen our destination and doctor (topplasticsurgeonsmexico.com and our doc is Bernardo Baltazar Rendon). To be honest, when my husband first mention going to Mexico for our surgeries, I told him he must be crazy (lol). But for those that don't know my husband, this man researches everything down to the finest detail. I knew that if he was open to us going to Mexico it was because he had researched and researched and researched...well you get the picture!!

We are 96 days away from our transformation and so far I've purchased all our vitamins. I've also located the lab location we will use to get the required labs completed 15 days prior to our surgery.

So, Mexico, here we come! We are scheduled for 12/15/16 for both our surgeries. I will keep everyone posted as I couldn't find many posts about our surgery holiday location or our doctor on RealSelf.

The couple that has surgery together, stays together...that sounds about right...right?!?!

Confused by BBL consultation

So, my hubby and I went to a consultation on Friday for my BBL and his Rhinoplasty. We thought it would be a good idea to see a doctor in the states just to ensure we are hearing the same feedback from Dr. Baltazar since we don't get to truly see him until our trip in December.

As soon as the doctor's nurse had me undress she immediately told me I wasn't a candidate for a BBL. She said she didn't even need to do a full exam because she could tell that I would not have enough fat to extract let alone process to inject into by butt. To say I was a little disappointed would be an understatement :-(
Now I am confused by if Dr. Baltazar in Mexico can truly perform the BBL and give me the results I desire. My dilemma is whether I should believe the nurses assessment or continue on with our trip in December.
I'm now thinking that worst case scenario is I just get lipo on certain areas to at least giving me the smaller and well defined waist, arms and thighs I want. My husband says to stay positive but it's a bit hard.

Has anyone else experienced getting different assessments from different doctors? If so, how did you handle it and did you continue with the surgery?

BBL & Rhinoplasty - Change of Docs

GM Dolls & Gents!

So after much research on my husbands part, he was not comfortable with us going to TopPlasticSurgeons due to the lack of actual patient pictures we requested. Several of the pictures we were sent for Rhinoplasty we were told at first they were actual patients of Dr. Rendon. When my husband provided proof that those same pictures were all over the web and associated with other doctors, we were told they are just examples of the type of work Dr. Rendon can do....huh???? Who wants a doctor that is only showing you "examples" of other doctors work and claiming that is how his work will look? Definitely had us looking "sided eyed" :-)

During his search he reached out to over 9 doctors for both our cases. Needless to say, I was disappointed and confused by the various recommendations I was given. One doctor said the only way I would get a good result was to have a circumferential tummy tuck. When I read the reasons for anyone to have this type of surgery, it was based on a VERY overweight person that had lost a large amount of weight or had Gastric surgery. I mean, come on, did you really look at my pictures. I am 5'2" and only 118 pounds. So she was nixed :-) Then two more suggested I have an extended tummy tuck. At this point I was getting very frustrated and second guessing my decision all together. I knew that I did not want a large scar, no matter how low it would be, on my body. I truly felt that no matter how good the procedure may be, I would ultimately be more disappointed by looking down each day at this large scar. My husband could sense my frustration and he didn't want me to have the scar either so he didn't give up on finding me the right doctor. Enter...Dr. Salvador Pantoja. I had read several patients reviews of his work and care and truly felt he was right for me. Not only does he do traditional lipo but he follows it up with Vaser lipo to tighten your skin. After researching this I realized this would be a much better alternative to address any possible loose skin issues after the lipo. His assistant Nadia was super responsive and when we sent a boat load of questions for Dr. Pantoja, he was quick to respond and even confirmed that I did not need a tummy tuck and the Vaser lipo would work great on my skin. Everything we have read thus far about him and his team has been completely truly. Even better news is that initially they didn't have any availability until January 2017 and I was adamant that was too late for me as we really needed to have our surgery while our kids are on Christmas break and it mirrored our annual vacation time. My husband surprised me last night by saying he kept in contact with Nadia and explained how I really wanted Dr. Pantoja to perform my surgery. She responded yesterday that they can fit me in on Dec 12th. Yeah!!! We have paid my deposit and now we are on to my husband's selection.

Hubby has narrowed his choice down to Manuel Gutierrez. Several factors were based on the fact that Dr. Gutierrez specializes in African American noses. His team has been extremely responsive to his questions and concerns. He also provided us with more than enough "actual" patient photo's to support his work. He performs on an average 7+ African American noses a month. The only part of the surgery we are still waiting for confirmation on is if he will be able to perform his turbinate procedure.

Now that we have secured our doctors and dates, we are working on our recovery house options. Our 1st option is Our Friends House and the 2nd is Recovery Boutique. Can anyone offer any feedback on either of them and why you would recommend them? We would greatly appreciate it!

Wish Pics!

Adding reasonable "wish pics" for my current body shape. Not sure if I should show Dr. P or just wait to see what he proposes.

Any feedback from you Dolls would be greatly appreciated. Did you show your Dr's any "wish pics"? If so, did he/she even come close to meeting/exceeding your expectations?

PantojaDoll2016 - Almost Time!

So we are almost 30 days away and I am still back n forth on what I want to get done. I know the lipo for sure but each time I put on my current wardrobe, my booty already fills out everything. I love the way my booty looks in my clothes, just not happy with the view when out of clothes :-) Since most of my sizes are a 2-4, I really don't want to have to purchase a new wardrobe just to fit my new booty. I've also gained a few pounds, didn't really plan to but my husband thought I should stop the gym workouts all together so I could be sure to have enough fat. Although I feel super huge right about now and my current clothes are much tighter than a few months ago...aghhhh. I'm staying positive by the simple fact the surgery is right around the corner and Dr. P. can suck all these mess away :-)
Hubby and I have been taking our vitamins daily and I've started putting some items in my suitcase. Marvin at ClubMed stressed for us to pack lightly as they do have an onsite laundry facility and most of the supplies I will need for my recovery, they have available to purchase or they supply it. I'm also thinking about getting my doctor to prescribe me some pain meds since I keep hearing that the kind you get in MX aren't as strong. I do have a high tolerance for pain but I've never had a BBL so I don't want to have to experience too much pain than necessary. Also, since I am allergic to Percocet, I'm a bit nervous about the meds from MX and want to ensure I don't have a reaction to anything while there.

Getting nervous also about all the stories I keep reading about people waking up nauseous, dizzy and experiencing a burning/itching feeling. I've had lipo sx before and never experienced any of those reactions. So a little confused by why so many seem to experience these reactions. I sure hope I don't!

Hubby seems to be calm, cool and collected about his sx...hmmmm :-) He is so excited about getting his nose done that I'm not even allowed to take any more pics of him until after his sx!!! WTF! Due to both our Dr's schedules, we are having our sx on the same day at different locations. I'm a bit nervous about that as I was really hoping that we would be able to see each other after our sx to ensure the other person is ok. We will also be without each other the 1st night as I will be at Dr. P's facility for recovery and he will be back at the recovery house. Pray for us!!

Doctor and location change!

I know its been quite some time since I've updated but soooo much happened when we went to Mexico for our couples surgery. In a nutshell, my husband was able to get his rhinoplasty done and everything went well. He is about 6 weeks post op and recovering nicely. Dr. Gutierrez did a great job and his bedside manners were awesome.

As for me, I wasn't able to have surgery because my PTT and PT levels were too high. For those that aren't aware of what this is, these levels measure the amount of seconds your blood clots which indicate how much of a bleeder you may be. Of course, none of the paperwork that most of these surgeons give you provide you with these tests being just as critical as the hemo test. Since my numbers were double the normal range Dr. Pantoja wouldn't operate. Of course I was extremely disappointed but he was a very understanding and definitely puts your health first before him making money. He was even nice enough to refund me my initial deposit (minus $100 for the initial lab work taken). While I was there I met with my husband's Dr. to get another assessment and he stated those levels shouldn't have been enough to stop me from having surgery. What was more enlightening was that he stated I would not get the results I was looking for from simple lipo. Even with me being small and not really having a lot of fat, my stomach issue is loose skin from have 3 beautiful babies. Plus what I thought to be fat was actually my muscles protruding from the separation from pregnancy. SO now I had a new choice to make....which is why I am now going to the DR to become a Robles Barbie :-)

I spent the rest of December researching doctors in the DR because from everything I've read and seen this area seems to do a better job at sculpting women that are already small and shaped like me. Laura has been very responsive and the quote is $5200, which includes the RH. I've requested Paradise RH and will keep you all posted on how they treat me ;-) I've already taken my CBC test and my hemo is at 13 so all is looking good. I also took another PTT and PT test, for my own benefit, and I within range. Not sure what was going on while in MX but I now look at it as GOD's way of saving me from disappointment and shifting my focus elsewhere. I am 3 weeks out and very excited. Only disappointment is I am going by myself, so that is a bit scary. But I've read enough reviews to see several women have gone by themselves and survived! My husband can't attend because we still have 2 kids that have school and my mom left right after the New Year to go back home :-( If anyone is going the week of 2/12 and having sx with Dr. Robles, let me know as I would love to have a sx buddy.

I will continue to keep everyone posted. Take care dolls!

1 week from my transformation! TT, Lipo, and BBL by Dr. Walkiris Robles

I'm 1 week from heading to the DR. Nervous, anxious and excited all rolled into one. Bittersweet that I have to make the trip on my own but I just continue to pray GOD has me covered and projected. He knows how much my family and I need each other???? I plan to finish getting the last of my supplies and taking another test tomorrow to test my hemo levels again. Since I just finished having my cycle, I want to make sure my levels haven't dropped too low. According to Laurie, I have to stop all vitamins by Tuesday until after my surgery. The most nerve racking part of this journey, is since my husband and I own our own company, work truly won't stop for me. Just realized I need to add international plan to my phone plan for those days. I plan to use whatsapp for family but need regular service for friends and business contacts. I'm also more nervous about flying back by myself. One of my GFs that went to the DR last year and is a flight attendant, said everyone at the DR airport know why most women fly in and out of there and understand how to assist you. I did pay for the medical coverage so I can get wheelchair service and priority medical boarding so I don't have any trouble walking or loading onto the plane. My layover isn't that long from my connecting flight but I am nervous about the two plane rides and if I will be able to get comfortable and stay out of pain. Any suggestions from you Dolls would be greatly appreciated! I haven't told my kids about me leaving just yet because I have an 11 year old daughter that I don't want to scare her. We are realky close and I know she is going to cry from m being gone that long.
Alright, its time for me to call it a night. I will update again tomorrow.

5 Days Away! TT, BBL and Lipo - Dr. Robles

Only 5 more days before I leave for the DR and I haven't been able to sleep well the last two nights. I also had my cycle last week and took a new CBC test yesterday and my hemo did drop a bit...aggghhh. I'm still well over 12 which is what Dr. Robles requires to perform all my surgeries but I'm worried about flying in a few days and it dropping again. Any one have any suggestions on how to keep the levels up?!?! I finished getting the last of my supplies and hope I don't forget anything important. I did reach out to my RH and they have a lot of the post op supplies that I will just buy there based on what I feel I need. Everyone keeps telling me most ladies buy and over pack and I don't want my suitcase coming back heavier than necessary. I'm a little confused by where I will be staying my 1st few nights as I arrive around 9:30pm on Sunday and was told that Dr. Robles driver will pick me up and take me to her surgery center and I will have test done and pay my money. But that seems awfully late for a Dr to want to do a consult. Plus they tell me I will go the RH after all this so not sure what time I will truly get in and settled. I have Monday to rest and relaxing before heading back on Tuesday at 6am to start the process. I can't believe it is here already. It's also funny because I haven't been exercising as much and my eating has been the same but I am losing weight. Not sure if it is stress, as I tend to lose weight when I am, or what is going on - but now is not the time to be losing weight!!! Also worried if I will get great results from the TT since I am already pretty small and all the reviews I keep reading are ladies with more weight and skin seem to get better results since there is more to work with - Lord please let this woman do an awesome job because I have no plans on going through this again :-) I promise to post pictures during my arrival, hospital visits and b4 and after my sx. Keep me in your prayers and I will see everyone on the flat and plump side!!!

5 Weeks Post Op - TT, BBL, and Lipo (flanks, back, and arms) - Dr. Robles - DR

The pictures attached are my before and 4 weeks post op. I am in my stage 3 faja, which is an extra small and as of today on the last hook :-) Here are some of the issues I am still experiencing, even at 5 weeks.
1. Swelling still in the stomach area. I really thought I would have been a lot smaller in this area by now. My massage therapist says this is normal and probably won't really go away for another 1-2 months. That was a bit disappointing, because you assume that a TT would make you much flatter sooner - so not true. I weigh more now than pre surgery :-( Still hurts to cough, sneeze or laugh. My TT scar is really low and has healed completely. Been applying scar cream, but overall I really like how low and thin it is. My belly button is also healed and so cute!! I just want the damn swelling to go down so I can truly enjoy flatness!! She tightened the shit out of me, which I know down the road will make for better results, but right now it is going to take me longer to heal due to the extreme tightness.
2. Back area and sides where the aggressive lipo was done is still rock hard, extremely tight and I still have the burning sensation the longer I lie on it, so I try to rotate sleeping from my sides and back. The lipo areas give me the most pain and discomfort.
3. Arms become more painful when I don't have the compression sleeves on. It's funny because for the 1st 4 weeks my arms didn't give me any problems, but now that I'm getting massages and things are "waking up" more, they have become very sensitive. I do love how small they are, but right now, its painful to sleep on them too long.
4. Butt area is starting to soften up at the lower area and the nerves are waking up at the top and lower back area. Right now it looks really plump on the pictures but by week 5 it appears to have dropped more. I am definitely much bigger as I can't get any of my previous clothes over my butt. Which is what I was afraid us. With my waist being so small now my size 2 dresses fit great in the bust and waist area, but I can't get the dress to fit nicely over my butt. I actually hope it goes down a bit more as I have a closet full of clothes that I don't want to have to get rid of.
5. I was already a curvy woman and actually wanted Dr. Robles to take out some fat on my hips. Instead she added fat, which looks good from the front when you add how small my waist is now, but to me I feel it makes my upper thighs look huge and I worry about being able to get in my jeans. Hopefully my hips go down a bit some also.

Some things to be prepared for when having surgery in the DR and with Dr. Robles.
1. Bring extra money for blood transfusion. Seems the magic number is 2 and that will cost you around $230 -250. Everyone of the ladies at my RH had to have at least 2 bags of blood. Some ladies even had hemo levels as high as 15-16. You will never know if you really needed or received it but since it's your life you are talking about, you just pay for it.
2. Oxygen treatments. Depending on your level of bruising after surgery, Dr. Robles will order you to have oxygen treatments. This is not included in your quote and each treatment cost $100 and the driver fee is $10. This was a sore spot for a lot of ladies because if the Dr. requires you have them and the place they take you is a medical facility, why do we have to pay the driver. We all felt this should have been free. Luckily for me, I had very minimal bruising and only needed 1. Which was great because I could barely get through that one due to almost having a panic attack being locked up in the chamber and not being able to move. Don't really know if having the treatment made a difference or not, but again, if the Dr. says you need it to improve your results, what do you say. I think a lot of the additional items they require is a racket and a why to say if you don't get the results you desire, it could be said it was because you didn't follow all their requirements for post op treatment. One sx buddy had to have 10 which cost her another $1100 that she wasn't planning for. Beware of these treatments as they will get costly at some point.
3. After surgery, your meds are included, but not the bruising creams (2) that you will need to aide in the bruises going away faster. The drawback is the nurses at the RH slather it on you that you end up needing to buy 2 more to get you through your stay. You may also need to purchase iron shots (which hurt like hell) - have them put them in your upper thigh area vs your arm - much more bearable. I also had to purchase heparin shots - 5 total - again those hurt and should be in your upper thigh. I also needed a bag of saline fluid when I got to the recovery house, all these items were required per Dr. Robles. Again, they don't tell you about all these extra expenses. All in all, I ended up spending close to $500 on top of the $5200.
4. Her drivers drive like maniacs. I was involved in 2 car accidents due to the carelessness of her driver. One was when he was transporting 5 of us ladies to the Dr. office and side swiped another vehicle trying to force his way into another lane. He then decides to argue with the driver as we are driving down the road. All of us ladies were like, leave it alone because you don't know how crazy the next driver may be and we all wanted to get back to the RH safely. Then on my last day, as we are heading to the airport, he slams into the back of another vehicle because he wasn't paying attention. I was so pissed and now in more pain, but all I wanted at this point was for him to get me to the airport because I was so over being in the DR. So be aware that they drive extremely careless in the DR.
5. Be prepared to come back with at least 1 or both of your drains. They took my back one out and I should have told them to keep it in. After being on two flights and having a layover between flights, my back swelled so back that my skin felt like it was so stretched it was going to rip. It was the most miserable plan ride home. I took my front drain out about a week after I got home. It didn't necessarily hurt, but that damn tube was long as hell.
6. The worst part of all of this surgery was the lack of post op care from Dr Robles and her team. Prior to my trip they gave me over 3 contact names and numbers and assured me one of them was Dr. Robles. She even stated that if I send her questions during the day, I should wait to hear from her late in the evenings as that is when she responds to messages. After getting home and having several questions about my healing process, she has yet to respond. Her assistant Adrianne responds but never really answers my questions. I sent pictures of my front and back areas because I was concerned that there was still so much swelling in my stomach area and had concerns about my back and sides still in pain and specifically wanted her to have Dr. Robles review them and answer my questions. Instead Adrianne responds with "You are looking good"...like wtf??? I didn't ask her to tell me I was looking good, I wanted the doctor's feedback as she was the one to perform surgery on me. Needless to say, she still hasn't responded to any of my questions...at this point I have given up and had to resort to either Google or RealSelf to answer my questions. So either make sure you take a notebook with questions and get all your answers at one of your follow up visits with her or be prepared to have someone in your hometown available to help you. Luckily my massage therapist is educated in plastic surgery and has eased my concerns.
7. Do not purchase your Faja from them unless you are purchasing your last stage one. They convinced me to pay $150 for my post op faja as they were going to measure me and ensure I received the correct size. I did this because I thought that would guarantee I received the right size. How wrong I was. I was supposed to be able to go into that faja within 2 weeks of post op - It took till my 5 weeks to get in it so in between those weeks I had to spend another $150 here in the states to purchase another one because the post op one they sent me home with was so loose I was swelling each day due to lack of compression. I even developed a small seroma during week 2 and my therapist informed me I had to buy a tighter garment or right it getting bigger and having to have it either aspirated or find a local doc to put a new drain in - I was so furious that I immediately reach out to Adrianne and Laura to inform them of this issue. Adrianne kept telling me I either was putting it on wrong or just to be patient that I should be able to get into it within 6 months. Again, wtf are you talking about...6 months. I have no desire to want to be in a faja at 6 months. So, my suggestion is to either try on the garment while you are in the DR before leaving or don't purchase theirs and wait to buy it when you get back home and can try it on before buying.

There was so much drama that happened the day I left for the DR up till now, too much to try and write. But hopefully the most important items I mentioned will help someone :-) I will post another update at my 2 month post op term. Be blessed dolls and let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer!
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon