About me…I am 5’9”, 182 lbs (yep, a big girl) I am a divorced 39 year old mother of 4 children. Their ages are 18, 17, 8 and 7. When I had the first two, in my 20's, I bounced back fairly quickly and lost any pregnancy weight I gained. I was in the military and had always been in love with running, and that's how I had always maintained that weight....
Not so, with the last two whom I had in my early 30’s, they are 10 ½ months apart. I gained 90 lbs with my third child!! I was hoping she was going to be born with her own luggage and ready for college...but NOOOOO, just 6lbs!! And I didn't even have a chance to lose that weight. I became pregnant with my 4th child 6 weeks after delivering my 3rd!! So, in essence, I was pregnant for 18 months!! I tried not to gain more during that pregnancy...but certainly didn't lose any either!
So, for the last 7 years I have ran a million miles, hiked hundreds of miles, done step aerobics, PiYo, spinning, kickboxing, yoga, zoomba, water aerobics, treadmill, stair climbing, boot camps, torture chambers, weight lifting, you name it, I signed up for it….even P90.…and was able to lose a whopping 60 lbs…I had 30 to go and it hasn’t budged for the last three years. And as you can see in the picture…the body below does not look like this person is doing ANY of those activities. Talk about frustrating!!!
In addition to exercise, I have tried every diet possible for these last 30 pounds. In the past, I could skip a couple of meals and I’d be where I wanted to be in no time…NOW….if I skip a couple of minutes of not eating I get the shakes, can’t think and when I am thinking I am thinking about what I will eat next!! I’m not sure about you all….but as I get older…I don’t want my final days of life filled with… “I had two slices of pizza today…so that means I have to run an extra ½ mile at 6.2259 pace faster so that I can fit into my WORK clothes for the rest of my life!!!”
I was at a point where I was tired….Tired of trying so very hard and seeing so little results. So I have saved, and saved, and saved and saved….and borrowed just a little (LOL). And I met with 3 surgeons before choosing Dr. B. And just as so many others have said on this site, just after meeting “THE” doctor who does your surgery…you will know.. He/She is “THE ONE”. Loved this man! Highly recommend him. He seemed so much younger than the other surgeons I met, certainly younger than me (UGH), but kind, understanding, and knowledgeable. I cannot explain it…I immediately trusted him.
So, here I am. 5 days post-op of my life change! Here’s a quick summary:
2 months pre-surgery date:
1) Stalked the people on this site for every scrap of information, boob types, belly button types, pros/cons, pain, supplies needed, horror stories (thank God, there were not many of those…but for the ones who did post…my heart goes out to you).
2) Continued researching Docs in my area…still no luck finding “THE ONE”…(kinda sounds like my man hunting skills ----LOL)
3) Working out harder than before…Yep, still nothing…not one ounce…. (SCREAMING)
1 month pre-surgery:
1) I met “THE ONE”!!! But have things coming up and have to put it on hold for a month…
2) Continued stalking this site…Brought Mommyof4’s photo in for the type of boobs I want (they are the most AWESOME boobs ever!!-- She looks amazing) I hope she doesn’t mind that I used her boobs…And my doctor laughed at me! He said, “I usually have people brining VS pictures in, or an occasional porn star’s….but never a real person!” But he said he could do it!!! (Heart is racing!! OMG! I might have sexy boobies…after breast feeding 4 kiddos…raisin would be my current state)
Day of Surgery:
1) Nervous: Went in for 5:30, met with my doctor who was right on time. Met the anesthesiologist gave me something and was talking to me about something….and next thing I know…I’m in a room with my man looking at me asking me if I was ever going to wake up!!
First thing I did? Looked down of course!!! LOL… Boobs!! No fat/skin roll!!!
But I had to stay way longer because….I couldn’t seem to figure out how a skinny girl pees!! I mean, I used to roll down on my fat roll….now…NOTHING is there!!!
But the kind nurses were ready to go home and they catheterized me around 10:00 p.m. Ahhhh. Only me would forget how to pee :/
Morning day 2:
1) Got in touch with Jesus/God… “Please Lord, let me pee!!” Still nothing…getting panicked! What if he squashed my bladder when he was pulling up my hooo haaa!! I’m gonna fill up with pee and pop!! Why the heck did I do this to myself!! I promise Jesus, I’m not vain, I just wanted my fat roll gone!!
And finally Jesus listened…and took me 20 minutes to twinkle just a little bit…Ahhh.
Morning day 3:
1) Boobs are huge, swollen hardly fitting in a bra. I was a flabby “hang low” 38C prior to surgery…I have no idea what I am supposed to be now…but, I feel like I am in a corset!! The surgical bra’s cups are running over, I can’t breath…not to mention touch them. I feel nothing on the right side, left side is sensitive… as stated here…feels like I need to breast feed. They DO NOT look like Mommyof4’s!! Mine are shaped like footballs!! WAAAAA
Morning day 4:
1) Post-op check up. I was able to take a shower the day after surgery, but, I didn’t. I could barley walk to the potty…sit there for the 20 minutes it took to pee…without being totally wiped out. I certainly couldn’t have taken a shower. But I did sit by my sink and wash my body off, I had my oldest daughter blow dry my hair…And, I had make-up on….Almost looked like me..but couldn’t fit into any clothes. Baggy shorts a huge sweater that would fit over my football boobs..Lovely.
Doctor fussed at me for not taking a shower….I hope I didn’t stink, but hey, 15 grand, I can smell the way I want…Football boobs and all.