Have Been Unhappy with my 1st Rhinoplasty for 10 Yrs, Finally Ready to Do Something About It - Menlo Park, CA

I had a rhinoplasty about 10 years ago for what I...

I had a rhinoplasty about 10 years ago for what I believed to be a too-bulbous tip. I was still a teenager and was overly focused on my nose. My family and boyfriend told me that I didn't need it, but being headstrong, I went to a surgeon in San Francisco who agreed to do the procedure--a "tip-plasty".

Hindsight is 20-20 and I have had to live with the fact that I should never have let anyone touch my nose. I wish that the plastic surgeon had talked me out of the procedure. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Well, for 10 years, I've lived with a nose that I've been unhappy with and looks terrible when I smile and especially in pictures. I was previously very photogenic and now for the past 10 years I HATE taking photos.

I used to have a slight (pretty, exotic) droop to my tip and for whatever reason, the surgeon unnecessarily turned my nose tip up, causing too much nostril show. The tip looks pinched, and the nares have a "pulled taut" look to them. My philtrum also looks elongated (now that the tip is upturned) whereas before it looked normal. Additionally it is crooked and looks hooked when I smile.

I have a consultation scheduled with Dr. Mehta of Menlo Park and I am excited to see what he can do. Judging by his b&a photos and by the feedback here on real self, he seems like the guy for the job.

Cool virtual plastic surgery app.

I found a cool virtual plastic surgery app and messed around with my photos to see if I could achieve the look I'm going for. I think I did it.

Gonna hold off for now

I've decided I'm going to hold off on pursuing a revision for now. From the feedback I've received here and from family, it's not hugely necessary and my current nose is not too bad.
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon