Breast Reduction - Freedom at Last! - Melbourne, AU

I have suffered with chronic neck, back and...

I have suffered with chronic neck, back and shoulder pain due to F cup sized breasts for almost 20 years. When I finally made the decision to have a breast reduction I wanted a surgeon who would really listen to what I wanted from the procedure and be upfront with me about what was possible. I did my research and met with a few surgeons in Melbourne but I never felt 100% sure.

A close friend of mine recommended Mr. Richard Bloom as she and her mother had both received breast reductions from him in the past and were very pleased with the results.

I met with Richard and found him to be very clear and upfront about what could be done to achieve the end result I wanted. I felt confident at the end of our first consultation that I could trust him, and I also got the sense that he had very high standards for his own work and was quite the perfectionist.

On 3rd February 2016 I had a bi-lateral breast reduction with free nipple grafts. In total I had 4.5 kilos of breast and fat tissue removed. I decided to have the free nipple grafts because I wanted to go down to a small C cup. Richard advised me that this was the best way to do so while also creating a nice breast shape.

It’s now June 2016 and I cannot believe I allowed myself to suffer for so many years. There was some pain and discomfort in the early days after surgery but nothing compared to what I was putting up with previously.

Let me be very clear, I was not expecting to have amazing breasts after surgery, I just didn’t wanted them in the way of me living my life anymore. Not only did Richard give me exactly what I asked for, his skill and ability far exceeded my expectations. He shaped my breasts really well, you would never know that I’d had a free nipple graft and soon, as the scars fade no one will ever know I had surgery at all.

In all my interactions with Richard and the staff at ARC Plastic Surgery I have found everyone to be highly professional and friendly.

Today I am more physically confident than I have ever been in my adult life, I would not go back for anything.

If you are on the fence about which surgeon to see as I was, take my word for it as a fellow long time sufferer of heavy, uncomfortable breasts, Mr. Richard Bloom is the surgeon for you.

Jess.