32HH 43yo with No Kids - Bring on D Day! - Melbourne, AU

Well girls, I'm calling time ... The Girls Gotta...

Well girls, I'm calling time ... The Girls Gotta Go!
I've read your stories and experiences with much interest over the past 18 months and now it's time to tell mine so others may benefit.
My "fun bags" are not fun, never really have been if we're honest about it.
They are heavy and painful, and the relief I feel taking off my bra at the end of the day can not be measured. It is instant and immediate, though the shoulder intents remain like a war scar.
I am a 32HH and have been buying expensive bras from the UK for too many years.
It's taken me a long time to get to this point - for many years I simply accepted my lot in life, largely because I have become very good at "dressing down" or "hiding" my big boobs.
I am broad shouldered and tall at 5'11" and know exactly what styles will suit me and make my boobs look smaller before I even try items on.
Like others, I'm one to two sizes bigger on top - usually size 16 on top and 12-14 bottom.
As one surgeon told me, I'm among the 10% of women who's breasts do not change with losing weight.
While I considered a reduction in my late 20s, I thought I'd wait until I'd had children but I'm now 43 with no kids and it seems like now or never. What am I waiting for?
The neck, shoulder and back pain is so constant and "normal" that I'm desensitised to it. Worse, I have in recent years developed chronic lower back pain, which I truly believe is in part due to my poor posture.
I consulted two surgeons in Melbourne before booking in with Dr Howard Webster - and now happy to say the big day is coming up on November 22.
Let's call it D day as I'm planning that will be my new cup size!
Perhaps as big busted women we get used to them, but my jaw-dropping moment came when the doc told me how much he thinks he will remove ... About 1kg from EACH side.
He says I'm an ideal candidate who will get instant life-changing relief from this op.
Sure, being able to fit into more clothing, cheaper bras and being free to exercise without my "one boob" sports bra is appealing - but the chance my pain will disappear even slightly is what excites me the most.
I'm scared about the actual operation, having gotten through life without EVER going to hospital. But this needs to be done.
Bring on D day!