Love my New Nose! - Media, PA

After reviewing doctors online, the only one I met...

After reviewing doctors online, the only one I met with for a rhinoplasty consultation was Dr. Pontell. I had surgery booked within 3 weeks! I wasn't really nervous because the imaging looked great and so did his previous work. Post-surgery I was a little uncomfortable, but not in pain. I experienced minimal bruising too. As soon as the cast came off, I knew I made the right decision to have the operation - my nose looks better each week as swelling continues to go down. I am 7 weeks post-op and couldn't be happier!

Shaved Down my Beak

Dr. Pontell was great - albeit very quick. Interactions were short and to the point. Recovery was fairly easy (aside from throwing up once from trying to eat too much too soon -- stick with a liquid/pudding/ice cream diet for at least 24-48 hours). Was a bit of a pain to have to go back on three or four separate occasions to get the stitches out, so if you live far away, plan ahead for this. My appearance was excellent from the moment the cast got off, but continued to improve as swelling went down.

One negative is that the nurses are total bitches. The one was completely inept at inserting a needle, and missed three times. I had to burst into tears before she'd get the professional anesthesiologist to get it right. Then, when I was laying on the table and about to go under, a different nurse yelled at me because my hair was a little wet -- the instructions said to take a shower and wash my hair immediately before surgery, so yeah, my hair was still a little wet. So that made me cry again -- not a good mindset to have before going under the knife.

So, in a nutshell, Pontell is great and efficient, but his staff sucks.
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Pontell and would recommend him to anyone considering facial plastic surgery.