54 5'3" 182 Lbs and Sick of This Big Hanging Belly - Medford, OR

Never thought I would be able to afford to have a...

Never thought I would be able to afford to have a TT but things have changed. I have thought about it for years up and down in weight(more up than down) and have been stable for a few years now. So Had my consultation, pre-op tomorrow and surgery Oct 10th. I have been excited for the most part, but all of the sudden I am worried I might look funny PS say I won't have a totally flat belly (will be round) due to the intra abdominal fat. OMG what am I going to look like? I will post pics as soon as I get the guts to take the pictures. Weird posting something on the internet I have spent years trying to hide.

Pre-op done and on my way ONLY 17 days till the day

I was a little nervous at pre-op but now I just feel calm about it like it hasn't sunk in I am doing this. I was terrified last time I had surgery and was expecting to be that way again. I am sure it will hit me when not ready. Day 8 of no smokes and trying hard not to gain any weight, so far so good. Funny thing I have hated having my stomach touched and try to pretend it doesn't exist but now I have pulled and tugged and pocked at it so much trying to figure out how I will look. I am afraid to expect to much for being disappointed. There are some beautiful bodies on this site. Having a hard time finding bodies like mine to get an idea.

Ugh my pics

WOW I am so glad I am doing this after looking at my pics. Never in my life thought I would have this TT done and would never post suck pics on the internet. I guess never say never.

Only 1 week away

I am getting very excited for the most part then all of the sudden I feel a little panicked. What will I look like? How hard is that first week going to be? Trying to mentally be ready if I am horribly miserable and if not will be a sweet surprise.

TOMORROW 11AM WILL BE ON MY WAY TO THE FLAT SIDE.

Just finished all my shopping for fresh fruit and vegis. I am excited and nervous but truly believe all will be just fine. Will update when I can.

DAY TWO OF RECOVERY i MADE IT

Had my TT with muscle repair and Lipo of flanks yesterday. Had got my self ready for being totally miserable and all went great couldn't ask for anything more. BUT I AM keeping up on my meds, did try to cut back on the oxycodone to half dose this afternoon and won't do that again for awhile. Standing pretty straight with no back pain and flanks are only slightly sore and so far very little swelling. Hope I am not speaking to soon but as of now I am very pleased in all ways. Not sleeping well but that is more due to I can't sleep on my back and have never been able so I am napping quit a bit. making sure I get up and walk every hour for a few. Will try and get some pictures tomorrow.

Took of 8-10 lbs not sure about how much lip but 10 lbs in fat and skin. Woooo Hooo

Oh yeah 8-10 lbs removed during TT. Wasn't expecting more than a couple lbs so that was a sweet surprise.

2 days PO TT

Two days PO getting lost of rest today overdid it yesterday due to all the excitement of actually having it done.

Five days post op

I am feeling pretty good. Can't wait to get drains out. First 3 days were tough. DO TAKE ALL YOUR MEDS YOU WILL NEED THEM. will update when I can type lol

One week post op today

I feel pretty good just have to be carful an not overdue it, Still can't believe the difference from my before and after pis,. Was able to sleep in my own bed last night an it felt great.

ELEVEN days post op

I now have my drains out. In fact my friend took them out here at home so I didn't to drive two hours to get it done. Seen my PS yesterday said all looked great will go back on Nov 10th to have stitches taken out on BB. For the most part I am feeling pretty good just have to rest a lot. Got to say 4 hrs on the road yesterday with a little window shopping and lunch kicked my butt. Man I can't wait to go clothes shopping. Did break down and buy some cute panties he he couldn't help myself. Not saying things are great very irritated about small things like can't get off the couch without a struggle or in and out of bed. Would probably be a funny video and I swear that stupid island in the kitchen was built to hit me right on my hip incisions ugh oh drop a least 100 things a day. Cutting back on my pain meds and for the most part that is going well. Can't wait for the swelling to go down so I can see the REAL NEW ME. Here are some more pics and does kind of look like some of the swelling had gone down.

Three week PO TT

Feeling pretty good hardest part is being good and not overdue house could really use a good cleaning look at the bathroom mirror in the pics LOL. Didn't think I was having much swelling but after looking at new pics hope that is what those bulges are. Emotionally feeling sad but not sure why. Only taking Tylenol and that's not every day. Sad my new panties will not cover my scar, oh well still look much better than did before. Anxious to see PS on the 10th to see what he thinks. Hope all are healing well loving and thoughts and hugs for you all.

4 WEEKS PO TODAY

Has been 4 weeks today and I am pleased so far with my progress. In the mornings I feel great but by evenings I do feel somewhat swollen, sore and tired but still very pleased. I am doing more around the house but no heavy lifting. Was totally excited last night when I decided to try on a pair of size 10 pants and they fit yahoo. I started out wearing 14-16 and now am into size 10. I don't know if I will go down anymore but I am happy either way. Will be seeing my PS Thursday and maybe some shopping afterwards if he thinks I have minimal swelling. Happy Healing to you all and it does get better. Slow but sure. Hugs to all in those first few weeks.

5 Weeks PO TT

Well I am now 5 weeks PO TT seen my PS and he says I am doing great still swelling not to go buy clothes yet. Exercising is only walking at this time. I am still heavy and looking forward to start some exercises but I am just amazed at my results so far and couldn't be happier. I have been very lucky in recovery was really not to bad after the first couple of weeks but even then wasn't as bad as I had expected. Sure hope the weird feeling goes away below my BB really bugs me. I am still slow getting off the couch or bed when I lay down but it is getting better. Love my PS and his staff and feel he did an awesome job and I am so HAPPY I followed thru with the TT I actually feel sexy again (been 25 years) and no more covering up the belly (or trying to anyways) Happy Healing to all you brave women out there.
Dr. Robert Jensen