56 Starting With Upper Bleph & Fractional CO2 Laser - McLean, VA

I've decided to do a few things but I don't...

I've decided to do a few things but I don't believe in generalists and I prefer to start slow. Need a primary functional rhinoplasty expert, eye person, lower face/neck, chin implant, filler work...Started with my upper eyelids when I found an expert. Added fractional laser because it was also on my list, it's a low risk procedure, price was fair, their experience excellent. I'd be at home recovering anyway. Glad I did it. So far so good. Only regret is I wish I'd gone under anasthesia for the laser. Even w Valium and Vicodin they couldn't crank it up. If I'd spent $1K for anasthesia I wouldn't need another $1,100 treatment with $1,000 for anasthesia.

????Better than I was born with

My eyes were never this pretty. Dr. R lifted the outer corners of my upper lids to deal with the hooded skin caused by aging which also improved the shape of my eyes. I hope my final result is like this. It's so awesome to wear mascara again:) Laser procedure? Healed. Hoping it helps w collagen regen. Helped w some of my CA AZ HI sun damage.

Better than the Eyes I was born with for sure.

So that last update shouldn't have ???? marks. I typed the eyes emoji. Can't update updates? Huh. Alrighty then.

Stitches Out Doing Well, Except Sculptra Stress!!!

Stitches came out and I'm still a happy camper. So nice to wear mascara again. Haha! I have "borrowed" makeup from my 15 year old daughter. Payback! Some pain when the stitches were pulled from my right lid. Ow. Some swelling caused temporary asymmetry, more than I have anyway. Obsessed about that until it settled. I'm such a spazz.

Yet I go ahead. Then obsess and drive myself, family and PS cray cray if there are complications, even imagined ones. I try to avoid anything likely to cause any kind of "complication." I should have sherlocked Sculptra here before asking my excellent, expert PS to give me my first round of the stuff. I'm sure it's going to be fine, but the recovery and my reaction to the product is just too stressful for me. Fellow neurotics;-) Beware!

People Really Do Say "You Look Great! Did You Do Something?"

I'm sorry I waited so long. Scars healing. Swelling resolving. Sometimes my right eyelid seems droopy. That eye is smaller anyway so it needs to stay open. My Dr. is great. If it doesn't resolve along with swelling/healing, she will fix it. Sculptra swelling is pretty much gone. Terrifying lumps too. Waiting for collagen;-)
McLean Oculoplastic Surgeon

Excellent facial plastic surgeon but I chose her for her expertise in eyes - double board certified in ophthalmology and ocular facial plastic surgery. Added in the fractional laser because they have expertise in that too. Super professional. Office in Reston is a very nice medical office. Sanctuary location in Tysons in gorgeous.